2022-2023 Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that Facebook post from today? I don't see it now.
I believe that is the post from last year. In any case, it's the exact same picture as last year's post. Also my understanding is that the size of the freshman class was increased to 188 students.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your admission packet for both accepted and waitlisted applicants will contain a packet of papers, thicker for accepted than waitlisted. The rejection letters will come in standard envelopes. You might be able to tell from USPS informed delivery. This was the longest week of my life. Good luck!!View attachment 366595View attachment 366596
Did informed delivery tell you that UAMS sent you a package/piece of mail?

Your admission packet for both accepted and waitlisted applicants will contain a packet of papers, thicker for accepted than waitlisted. The rejection letters will come in standard envelopes. You might be able to tell from USPS informed delivery. This was the longest week of my life. Good luck!!View attachment 366595View attachment 366596
Oh this is cool, how did you even find this? Will it be placed in your informed delivery automatically ??

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted last wave, and informed delivery told me that there was a envelope that was to big to scan, but still notified me that something was in the mail.

What is the interest for the Fayetteville campus for this group? I'd really prefer to go to NWA to be near family support. I'm nontrad and that would really help with child care. I just wonder if it is competitive to get a slot for NWA.

What is the interest for the Fayetteville campus for this group? I'd really prefer to go to NWA to be near family support. I'm nontrad and that would really help with child care. I just wonder if it is competitive to get a slot for NWA.

Heavily interested in NWA too.

Is that Facebook post from today? I don't see it now.
Sorry guys, meant to edit but this was last year’s. Keep an eye out on fb these next week!!

Is anyone else going insane right now? I am horrible at being patient and the more time goes by, the more I convince myself that I won't get accepted lol

Is anyone else going insane right now? I am horrible at being patient and the more time goes by, the more I convince myself that I won't get accepted lol
I'm definitely in the same spot. I appreciate the more personal care of sending out letters, but at the same time we need these decisions ASAP so we can have some certainty about the next year.

+1. I'm just here getting my soul crushed by rejections lol.

Hope you get in then. Luckily, I have 1 A so I won't be devastated if I'm rejected. Did you apply to MD schools only?
Thank you! That is fantastic news for you!! I have strong philosophical differences against DO school, so I only applied MD. It would be dishonest of me to complete DO school because of this, though I think DO physicians are excellent and qualified the same after shadowing several. It is more so the extra that is my problem. I'm fortunate to have interviewed at three MD schools, but I don't count it in my signature because WMed is a bit weird with how they do everything. I caught an R from one of them last week...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Allegedly, we will receive our letters tomorrow, at least according to a secondhand conversation with admissions.

Reactions: 1 users
Allegedly, we will receive our letters tomorrow, at least according to a secondhand conversation with admissions.
Please explain because now I am freaking out over this lol, like receive acceptance/rejections or will they just be in the mail by tomorrow?

Please explain because now I am freaking out over this lol, like receive acceptance/rejections or will they just be in the mail by tomorrow?
I was told that we should be receiving them as they have already been sent out. This will likely not be the case for out-of-state folks as mail takes much longer to get to those people.

I was told that we should be receiving them as they have already been sent out. This will likely not be the case for out-of-state folks as mail takes much longer to get to those people.
how much do you trust your sources lol I know you said it was a secondhand convo but if it's true I will cry tears of joy

how much do you trust your sources lol I know you said it was a secondhand convo but if it's true I will cry tears of joy
I tried to caveat a bunch, but I do believe this person to definitely be trustworthy and accurate.

I tried to caveat a bunch, but I do believe this person to definitely be trustworthy and accurate.
Thanks! So are you in the little rock area or further outside? I'm NWA so I'm trying to gauge whether it will be there for me tomorrow or saturday haha (I am so very not patient)

Has anyone seen a letter from UAMS to them on Informed Delivery?

Thanks! So are you in the little rock area or further outside? I'm NWA so I'm trying to gauge whether it will be there for me tomorrow or saturday haha (I am so very not patient)
No. NEA.

When will the decision show on our portal?
My understanding from previous years is that it won't show up for a while. I believe that accepted students have to respond to the letter in some form, but I haven't heard of anyone seeing a decision on GUS before seeing their letter. That's just what I've gathered.

Reactions: 2 users
I can confirm that the 2nd piece of parcel was a children's book for my daughter. No decision today!

Good luck!! It also depends how the mail runs. After they sent it out on the the 24th or 25th last year, I received mine on the 28th (Monday) in NWA. There were reports of folks receiving them as early as Friday, then so on.

Attachments

• 648F968C-CDE4-4432-B6EA-52091A73ABA3.jpeg
    648F968C-CDE4-4432-B6EA-52091A73ABA3.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I have something coming but I’m unsure if it’s UAMS or something else. Says it was sent out the 23rd and will be arriving tomorrow based on tracking number. OOS

The informed delivery is quite remarkable, it shows an actual image of the items sent.

I’m assuming no pictures because I literally signed up yesterday 😂

Crossing my fingers that mine comes in tomorrow bc if it doesn’t come until Monday it will ruin my weekend 🥲

Crossing my fingers that mine comes in tomorrow bc if it doesn’t come until Monday it will ruin my weekend 🥲
I have an interview on Monday so if it comes during the weekend, it’ll either be the worst or best timing 😂

I have an interview on Monday so if it comes during the weekend, it’ll either be the worst or best timing 😂
This is exactly my reasoning lol I have a huge presentation on Monday so it may be either the happiest or saddest presentation I’ve ever given in my life

• Care