2022-2023 Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many people were accepted in the first wave?? And what date those who were accepted interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

From the UARK premed site:

"This varies by school. UAMS informs a few (20-25) early applicants in December, and an even smaller number in January. Most hear in late February. Those on the alternate list could find out as late as July."

They most likely interviewed in October, as the odds of them having their file "completed" would be much higher.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
90% of us will hear back at the end of February. Remain hopeful, my friend.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I am hoping to hear this weekend. I interviewed in the second wave. The waiting game is killing me

Reactions: 1 users
If you log into GUS, there's an 'accept admission' option. Maybe you can check there and see if there's an update for you.

Unfortunately i do not believe that the ‘accept admissions‘ tab updates until later in the cycle. I wish it was that simple. Thank you for the idea though!!

Oh gosh I thought that email from admissions today was a decision. It was just them saying thank you for interviewing and if I have any further questions. The anxiety haha

Oh gosh I thought that email from admissions today was a decision. It was just them saying thank you for interviewing and if I have any further questions. The anxiety haha
Is this automated, i.e. do they send this to everyone who interviews?

Just got that too. None of the other places I interviewed thanked me, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Letting everyone know to make sure their addresses and emails in AMCAS are correct because they're about to send out acceptances and rejections in roughly 2 weeks
I haven’t received it yet. So does that mean we also receive the news through email?

I also have not received that email, not even in junk. Not to be too neurotic, but is that a bad sign?

I also have not received that email, not even in junk. Not to be too neurotic, but is that a bad sign?
I think as long as they have the correct mailing address it doesn't matter. All of their important correspondence is delivered via USPS.

Anyone have an idea of when letters will be mailed? Last few years they've gone out on the 25th, but not sure about this year since that's a Saturday.

Anyone have an idea of when letters will be mailed? Last few years they've gone out on the 25th, but not sure about this year since that's a Saturday.
Since they say results will be known by the 28th, I suspect they might mail them out later this week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday?

Based on this response, I’m kinda theorizing that IS applicants and OOS applicants potentially receive different sets of emails (as in, maybe two different people are responsible for IS and OOS communication), not counting super important ones like interview invites or acceptances/rejections. From previous messages, it looks like OOS applicants received a thank you email post-interview, while IS applicants didn’t. Similarly, IS applicants received a “please check your info” email, while OOS applicants didn’t. I don’t know if anyone can contradict what I’m saying, but so far that’s what I’m seeing.

Reactions: 2 users
Based on this response, I’m kinda theorizing that IS applicants and OOS applicants potentially receive different sets of emails (as in, maybe two different people are responsible for IS and OOS communication), not counting super important ones like interview invites or acceptances/rejections. From previous messages, it looks like OOS applicants received a thank you email post-interview, while IS applicants didn’t. Similarly, IS applicants received a “please check your info” email, while OOS applicants didn’t. I don’t know if anyone can contradict what I’m saying, but so far that’s what I’m seeing.
I am OOS and I received that email about decisions being mailed out within the last weeks of Feb

I’m gonna assume you meant last weeks of Jan here. But yeah all right, then I’m not sure what’s up 😂
I got the email on Feb 13th about the admissions committee meeting within the last two weeks of Feb to mail out decisions, and I am OOS.

Idk what's going on with the emails but I do know that it's only Tuesday and this has already been the longest week of my life. Just patiently waiting for my letter 😓

• Care
Idk what's going on with the emails but I do know that it's only Tuesday and this has already been the longest week of my life. Just patiently waiting for my letter

I’m pretty calm because I have a 0.001% chance of getting in. I used their interview as practice for my subsequent interviews, lol.

• Haha
If we do get accepted, will we have to respond via mail or will there be an online option? Currently an IS applicant going to school OOS and won't be home when letters are mailed out.

If we do get accepted, will we have to respond via mail or will there be an online option? Currently an IS applicant going to school OOS and won't be home when letters are mailed out.
I would assume the letters are just for notification purposes and then the acceptance will be done through GUS but I don't know for sure. I just know there's an "accept admission" page on GUS so i'm going off of that lol

I would assume the letters are just for notification purposes and then the acceptance will be done through GUS but I don't know for sure. I just know there's an "accept admission" page on GUS so i'm going off of that lol
thanks!

Do you think we’ll get an email as well in addition to physical mail?

Do you think we’ll get an email as well in addition to physical mail?
It doesn't seem like anyone last year reported getting an email at/around the same time as the letters, but who knows?

• Hmm
Has anyone tried reaching out to them about not getting an email?

Your admission packet for both accepted and waitlisted applicants will contain a packet of papers, thicker for accepted than waitlisted. The rejection letters will come in standard envelopes. You might be able to tell from USPS informed delivery. This was the longest week of my life. Good luck!!
AE8DC344-2F60-4400-8B17-AC6C0BDE16DF.jpeg
BCFAC8C6-05D5-459E-A095-748C5AE06188.jpeg

Your admission packet for both accepted and waitlisted applicants will contain a packet of papers, thicker for accepted than waitlisted. The rejection letters will come in standard envelopes. You might be able to tell from USPS informed delivery. This was the longest week of my life. Good luck!!View attachment 366595View attachment 366596

Is that Facebook post from today? I don't see it now.