2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take after submitting FAFSA and that identity disclosure form?
Both FAFSA and the disclosure forms were complete on Feb 21st for me

Members don't see this ad.

Both FAFSA and the disclosure forms were complete on Feb 21st for me
Can you remind me what the disclosure form was?

Edit: oh the link they told us to click in the email?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many ppl get off Creighton’s waitlist?

Withdrew my acceptance here (for the besties :)) but still got a financial aid letter:
1678808976286.png

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone not get a financial aid letter yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Welp, I was really high on Creighton until that (lack of) financial aid package lol

• Sad
After seeing that same sobering number, I wanted to look again at the MSAR for Creighton. They have listed that the average graduate indebtedness is $229,647. Very large drop from $400,000... I know that it is an average so those who have different needs or are like Thiccy (and are just studs) will drop that number with different types of aid/scholarships. Still wondering if there is something else I am missing in reconciling those debt values?

• Love
After seeing that same sobering number, I wanted to look again at the MSAR for Creighton. They have listed that the average graduate indebtedness is $229,647. Very large drop from $400,000... I know that it is an average so those who have different needs or are like Thiccy (and are just studs) will drop that number with different types of aid/scholarships. Still wondering if there is something else I am missing in reconciling those debt values?
I would like to note that I understand the $400,000 comes if a student takes every piece of the package assuming no scholarships, and I know that this is not what most students will do.

I think that number is skewed by the people who don't have to take out loans for school. Creighton's MSAR does say that 83% of the students receive aid, but I would imagine that the amount of aid that some people receive is super small but they are still considered to be "receiving aid". I'm not sure though, this is all speculation.

Reactions: 4 users
From a student I spoke with, Creighton offered scholarships after acceptance/commit and will give out scholarships out of nowhere throughout M1-M4. Anyone else hear anything at all about potential scholarships?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think that number is skewed by the people who don't have to take out loans for school. Creighton's MSAR does say that 83% of the students receive aid, but I would imagine that the amount of aid that some people receive is super small but they are still considered to be "receiving aid". I'm not sure though, this is all speculation.
I agree that it's very likely what you described is accurate; however, that would mean that for every person that is paying near full tuition on loans, there is another person who is paying almost nothing during their four years. Again, this isn't meant to be a debate (hopefully I'm not making it sound like one), just curious what people have heard

I agree that it's very likely what you described is accurate; however, that would mean that for every person that is paying near full tuition on loans, there is another person who is paying almost nothing during their four years. Again, this isn't meant to be a debate (hopefully I'm not making it sound like one), just curious what people have heard
No I totally agree with you as well. I noticed these discrepancies for other schools on MSAR as well and have not really been sure what to make of it... it doesn't really make sense at all. Especially seeing people on here getting their financial aid packages with 0 scholarships at all. I was also thinking that people might not take out the full loans for cost of living and stuff

From a student I spoke with, Creighton offered scholarships after acceptance/commit and will give out scholarships out of nowhere throughout M1-M4. Anyone else hear anything at all about potential scholarships?

How close to start of classes though? If someone takes out the full loan for M1 and then gets a scholarship, how does that work then?

How close to start of classes though? If someone takes out the full loan for M1 and then gets a scholarship, how does that work then?
As I understand it, you re-apply for the FAFSA each year and get a "renewal" on aid so to speak. Best guess is this is when different scholarships would apply each year. No idea though

For those who attended an admitted student day, were there students who brought a parent as their guest or is it really only intended for SO's?

For those who attended an admitted student day, were there students who brought a parent as their guest or is it really only intended for SO's?
I brought my parent and several others at the PHX campus brought their parent as well :)

Most people brought a parent to the Omaha one as well!

Just received a Pre-II R. Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Is it valid if my portal updates tomorrow and I call the office to ask what's up?

Just had the "Thank you for interviewing..." message disappear. Interviewed week of 2/20.
Should I expect anything? Thank you.

Just had the "Thank you for interviewing..." message disappear. Interviewed week of 2/20.
Should I expect anything? Thank you.
Expect some news in the next wave

Reactions: 1 users
Do most students here just take out 400k in loans? Wtf

Edit: Idk if my quick math is correct but assuming you enter an average paying specialty (~250k), about 10% of your annual pre-tax income would be spent just on interest.
At times there may be a parental or family contribution, in particular if they are in the well-earning medical field.

Med Students who have parents or family members that have disposable income or are in well-paying jobs, eg the medical field, often get them kicking in $ for the tuition. But yes, absent parents helping out or scholarships, many students borrow the full freight. Post residency, they may take an extra shift, or consult on cases post-residency to earn extra income to accelerate paying back their loans upon graduation. It is a scary number indeed, and what is scarier is that Creighton and other medical schools have no problem filling seats as they are in line with most private medical schools. There are applicants with 3.9 gpa and 518 MCATS that do not get offers of scholarships. Medical Schools subsidized by the states offer lower tuition, but depending on the rigor and reputation of the institution may help or hurt matching into a competitive specialty. Some rural areas or the armed forces will pay the tuition if you agree to work there post residency.

Withdrew my acceptance here on the 12th, and got a refund for the $100 deposit to my credit card today (4 days later). Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance here on the 12th, and got a refund for the $100 deposit to my credit card today (4 days later). Best of luck to everyone!
They should have kept your $100 for my financial aid :rofl:

• Haha
Biting nails... Interview and secondary messages disappeared on portal. o_O

• Love
Updates on financial aid: I contacted a current student and a financial aid officer at Creighton to find out about the school's financial aid system.
After talking, I learned that:

1) The financial aid letter we got is not final. Money is still circulating as people decline acceptances, and Creighton will continue to update our financial aid info if deemed necessary. They said we won't get a new letter, and all updates from now on will be automatically updated on our NEST portal. Idk if that means they won't email us if there is any new info, but yea. But the officer did mention that as of now, all scholarship offers were sent out.

2)The current student told me some students, including himself, received aid in April/May after the letters were sent out around. So fingers crosssssed

3) Creighton will re-review our financial aid info every year. So, even if we pay 100% loans this year, they will try to give you money if your financial situation changes or you become eligible for other scholarships.

Updates on financial aid: I contacted a current student and a financial aid officer at Creighton to find out about the school's financial aid system.
After talking, I learned that:

1) The financial aid letter we got is not final. Money is still circulating as people decline acceptances, and Creighton will continue to update our financial aid info if deemed necessary. They said we won't get a new letter, and all updates from now on will be automatically updated on our NEST portal. Idk if that means they won't email us if there is any new info, but yea. But the officer did mention that as of now, all scholarship offers were sent out.

2)The current student told me some students, including himself, received aid in April/May after the letters were sent out around. So fingers crosssssed

3) Creighton will re-review our financial aid info every year. So, even if we pay 100% loans this year, they will try to give you money if your financial situation changes or you become eligible for other scholarships.
When the student said he received aid, was this merit or need based? Does Creighton award need-based aid at all?

When the student said he received aid, was this merit or need based? Does Creighton award need-based aid at all?
he said need. I'm not sure if Creighton specifies but I am assuming they do since the student said he received need based aid after he receicved the aid letter.

Currently a dental student at Creighton looking for a male roommate. I’m a house and cheaper than an apartment. If you are interested shoot me a DM!

Did anybody switch from the Omaha to the Arizona campus. Want to switch but not sure how exactly to go about it. Do I just email the admissions email that we have?

Did anybody switch from the Omaha to the Arizona campus. Want to switch but not sure how exactly to go about it. Do I just email the admissions email that we have?
When I interviewed week of 2/27 they said you needed to submit a campus change request within a week or less of the interview week, they also mentioned that their AZ class was almost completely full

They also said you can just reach out to the admissions email account and they will switch it for you on the portal.