2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone reach out to financial aid advisor? I have not heard a response in a few days
Had to make an appointment. Only offering them 2x a week which sucks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm new to SDN so I apologize if I am doing this wrong. I'm a first time applicant and I am on the alternate-list for both campuses. I'm wondering if there is any way to figure out my position on the alternate list? Do they only let you know if they call you or how does it work?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm new to SDN so I apologize if I am doing this wrong. I'm a first time applicant and I am on the alternate-list for both campuses. I'm wondering if there is any way to figure out my position on the alternate list? Do they only let you know if they call you or how does it work?
You can just call and ask I’m pretty sure

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is there a current student who can answer this for me please? hoping to sell my current macbook if needed
This question was asked on Admitted Students Day, and we were told it’s ours to keep. Besides at the end it will be 4 years old!

Got the A last Thursday and am 2nd on the WL for Phx. Haven't seen this on my AMCAS though. Anyone else running into the same thing?

Got the A last Thursday and am 2nd on the WL for Phx. Haven't seen this on my AMCAS though. Anyone else running into the same thing?
I withdrew my A last week, but it still shows on my CYMS tool. They are probably just a little bit delayed in updating AMCAS!

did anyone get any scholarships from creighton? mine is all loans :/
also, when is tuition due?

What laptop are we required to purchase? I have an m1 MacBook Pro that I’m thinking of selling if I’m required to buy essentially the same one again.

Members don't see this ad :)
What laptop are we required to purchase? I have an m1 MacBook Pro that I’m thinking of selling if I’m required to buy essentially the same one again.

You do not buy it they provide the laptop during orientation.

You do not buy it they provide the laptop during orientation.
Haha yes I understand I don not physically go to best buy to get it, but it’s still coming out of my wallet 😂. MacBook Air, pro?

Haha nice. And to my knowledge it’s the newest pro, but I could be mistaken.

any current students who can share their experience (pros/cons) about Creighton? I would prefer stories about the AZ location but maybe NE location stuff can be shared for other potential students? :) Thank you!

Do Omaha students have the option to go to Phoenix regional campus for clinical rotations in year 3 and 4? Is it like a lottery system? I applied for Phoenix but ended up getting into Omaha, they said I probably won't end up in my preferred campus... would at least like to move to Phoenix for clinical rotations :/

For any current students, I was wondering - would you say exams are reflective of lecture material? And what is the exam schedule like?

Got the call today for an A!!! Originally applied for Phoenix, but got placed at Ohama. Could anyone give me some insight on housing and how easy/accessible it is?

Reactions: 3 users
For any current students, I was wondering - would you say exams are reflective of lecture material? And what is the exam schedule like?
Rising M2 here. Overall, the exams had reasonable correlation with the lecture material. For exams, we have weekly quizzes (each usually worth no more than 2-3% of your overall grade for the block), and then at the end of the block is a big final exam (usually worth 50-70% of your overall grade).

Got the call today for an A!!! Originally applied for Phoenix, but got placed at Ohama. Could anyone give me some insight on housing and how easy/accessible it is?
Super easy to find housing. You'll eventually get added to the admitted student's group on Facebook which has a roommate finder spreadsheet. Also if you're looking to live on your own, there are plenty of nearby apartment complexes to check out.

Reactions: 2 users
Foremost congrats on your late cycle A, you must be very excited. For housing it is hard to beat The Atlas for location, convenience and time management. But it is pricey, leverage the accepted students page to find a roommate to split the rent with. Flashcards are key for exams in addition to lecture content. About half the cohort attends in person lecture about half do the videos. Pretty much all do flashcards.

Got the A off the waitlist today!!! Glad secondaries don't start coming out till tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users