2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when did you interview? also did you receive an email?

I interviewed 2/7 and ya I got an email around noon

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone get an A email today? i got the background check email and my amcas updated but havent received anything from the school yet

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get an A email today? i got the background check email and my amcas updated but havent received anything from the school yet

When I received my A, I got the email the previous night or early in the morning if I remember correctly. The A email was in my inbox when I checked that evening

Never got an acceptance notice, but my CYMS shows Creighton now

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone!

Congrats to all of you who have received interviews or acceptances so far at Creighton during this cycle!! As you probably know, it is such an incredible achievement to even enter into this unforgiving process in the first place. I remember just how stressful these months likely have been and will continue to be for each and every one of you, but please continue to stay strong through it all. There is light at the end of the tunnel 😊

I am currently an M1 at Creighton SOM, and I honestly could not be happier to have picked this school as the place I will be spending the next few years of my life. I have many friends from undergrad who currently attend different medical schools throughout the country, and please believe me when I tell you that compared to others, Creighton fosters a far more stress-free and collaborative environment which has been such a blessing for my wellbeing amidst the inherent pressures of school. You will not regret your choice to attend here.

One of the first hurdles of your medical school journey will of course be finding housing, so in anticipation of some of y’all’s commitments to Creighton, I wanted to quickly plug my wonderful house as an option to consider!! The Creighton Phi Chi Medical Fraternity is a co-ed living community that includes students in all four years of medical school who will quickly become your best friends and serve as your mentors as you grow into your new home. We are like a big happy family living together in a huge mansion located a mere block away from the famous Blackstone district in Omaha. Some of my favorite parts of living here have been coming back home from class to a yummy dinner made by a different one of my roommates each and every night, and eating all together at the dining table to exchange laughter and stories from the day. I cannot imagine how much more difficult my adjustment to medical school would have been had I not been surrounded by these housemates of mine. Plus, we have by far the cheapest rent in all of Omaha --- and even better, we have our food budget included in our rent, so you won’t even have to pay for your meals if you live here!!

If you want to make the most out of your transition into medical school, please consider living at Phi Chi. If interested or if you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]! The house application as well as other information can be found under the APPLY tab of our website www.creightonphichi.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the Spring and Summer. We look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!
Hey again everyone!

Just wanted to send a quick update that we are still accepting applications for med student communal living here at Phi Chi! Applications will likely stay open through the summer as prospective students begin to narrow down their acceptances, but we have been reviewing each and every one of them that have been sent to us in the meantime. Find it under the APPLY section of our website: www.creightonphichi.com

For those of you coming to the first Accepted Students Day of this semester on March 10th in Omaha, we will be hosting an open house at Phi Chi in addition to other apartment buildings around the city the next morning on Saturday, March 11th -- so please be on the lookout for an email in regards to that from Ryan Wessel in the coming week.

Looking forward to meeting those of you who come, and congrats again!

Forgot to share but I got an II on 2/17 and I completed my secondary on 7/12!

Members don't see this ad :)
any idea if Creighton is done interviewing? I have not heard from them so I am assuming a R this late.

Reactions: 3 users
any idea if Creighton is done interviewing? I have not heard from them so I am assuming a R this late.
They interview until March, but idk if that means the beginning or end of the month lol

For those who were accepted, how long did it take to get invited to the groupme?

For those who were accepted, how long did it take to get invited to the groupme?
A long time lol. Maybe 2 months? I think they try to do it a couple of times instead of batches so it kind of depends on where you fall on that timeline, but that might change the closer we get to May.

Last edited:
got the A! first MD acceptance as a reapplicant 🤧

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Just saw that my "thank you for interviewing" message is gone, not sure if that's good or bad...

Hey all! Congrats to everyone's who has been accepted this cycle and hang-in there to those that are waiting to hear back :) I'm a current M1 at Creighton feel free to reach out with any questions you have about the school or curriculum in general, I'd be happy to answer any questions!

For those of you who got A’s recently, when did Creighton come up on CYMS? Was is Monday?

Interviewed week of 2/6. Alternate list. Saw on CYMS this morning

Got the A like 20 min ago for the Phoenix campus! Interviewed 2/6 and 2/7!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my acceptance here. You all have been great. I love you all. I hope that y'all become the cutest doctors ever! :)

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Does anybody know what the dress code is for admitted students days? Also, is there anything you recommend bringing with me for the day?

Does anybody know what the dress code is for admitted students days? Also, is there anything you recommend bringing with me for the day?

I got an email awhile ago that said business casual!

Withdrew my A here, lucky to have another A that feels like a better fit. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 6 users
After interviewing when did your portals update? Thursday or Friday?

After interviewing when did your portals update? Thursday or Friday?
My "thank you for interviewing" message disappeared yesterday, but that's it. no admitted student day update, and no CYMS tool. I guess we'll see Monday 🥴 I interviewed mid-February

• Love
Has anyone gotten their financial aid packages yet/ know when we should be expecting them?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten their financial aid packages yet/ know when we should be expecting them?
I got mine on the 1st. I could view it through “thenest” portal under financial aid!

I got mine on the 1st. I could view it through “thenest” portal under financial aid!
How long did it take after submitting FAFSA and that identity disclosure form?

DOES CREIGHTON DO ANY AID BC I'M SEEING ALLLL LOANS. ALMOST 100K IN LOANS

DOES CREIGHTON DO ANY AID BC I'M SEEING ALLLL LOANS. ALMOST 100K IN LOANS
At the Omaha admitted students day, they said if you have not received an email with any scholarship, then you're likely to receive all loans for their aid

At the Omaha admitted students day, they said if you have not received an email with any scholarship, then you're likely to receive all loans for their aid
does that mean they are done with giving out scholarships?

does that mean they are done with giving out scholarships?
for the most part this is what was said. Once students start withdrawing acceptances (those who were awarded scholarships), they will start possible awarding others in May.

for the most part this is what was said. Once students start withdrawing acceptances (those who were awarded scholarships), they will start possible awarding others in May.
ahhhhhhh I guess we all gotta wait til May to see then

Do most students here just take out 400k in loans? Wtf

Edit: Idk if my quick math is correct but assuming you enter an average paying specialty (~250k), about 10% of your annual pre-tax income would be spent just on interest.

• Wow
  • Sad
Do most students here just take out 400k in loans? Wtf

Edit: Idk if my quick math is correct but assuming you enter an average paying specialty (~250k), about 10% of your annual pre-tax income would be spent just on interest.
7%+ interest is going to be brutal for anyone who has to take out loans.