2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those of you that got the A but withdrew, can you explain why?
lucky to have another A at a more established program that has matched several residency classes, and that feels like a better fit for me. I got the A for the Phoenix campus and it made me a little nervous that theyre so new and have no match info to compare to other schools yet. However if this had been my only A, i would've gladly taken it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I have a general question. I'm on the WL here and my state school. My state school is my #1 choice, primarily due to the cost. They don't accept updates, but as Creighton heavily favors them and letter of intents, should I go ahead and write a LOI to Creighton?

Hey everyone, I have a general question. I'm on the WL here and my state school. My state school is my #1 choice, primarily due to the cost. They don't accept updates, but as Creighton heavily favors them and letter of intents, should I go ahead and write a LOI to Creighton?

Depends…a letter of intent is not legally binding but ethically should really only be sent if you’re 100% sure you would attend that program. If you’re okay with having to rescind your WL at your state school if accepted to Creighton then and LOI would help. Updates are also great I think if you don’t want to commit fully yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rather than LOI for Creighton, would it be possible to write an Update Letter expressing your continued interest instead? I agree that it's not ethical unless you're 100% ready to commit - will diminish the value of these LOI for future applicants. And it's likely the reason why some schools just stop taking updates as they've been burned like this many times.

I wrote a letter of interest/update letter and I found this to be helpful, I would love to attend Creighton but the cost will be a deciding factor on where I go I got accepted I would say it helps but unless it's truly your #1 choice I would not write a letter of intent

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you may not know: a letter of intent is a promise that, if accepted, you will certainly attend. To remain on another waitlist that you would attend instead, if accepted to both, may not be consistent with the ethos of the field of medicine. If you were on one waitlist with all interviewing over, as your only option a letter of intent may increase your chances of advancing higher in your chosen program's stack rank order list. Medical shools do eye their matriculation rate (yield). Congrat's on advancing to be on two wait lists, a great accomplishment, but the waiting is tough to be sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone that interviewed 2/27, do you remember when we are suppose to hear back? I know it’s on a Monday but don’t know which one haha

Anyone that interviewed 2/27, do you remember when we are suppose to hear back? I know it’s on a Monday but don’t know which one haha
I interviewed the week before that, but I was told the committee met last thursday and decisions are to be released today. I didn’t get an email / portal update quite yet but AMCAS CYMS tool updated to alternate list last Friday for me, so you could check there.

I interviewed the week before that, but I was told the committee met last thursday and decisions are to be released today. I didn’t get an email / portal update quite yet but AMCAS CYMS tool updated to alternate list last Friday for me, so you could check there.
Ok cool thanks! The message wasn't there on Friday when I checked my Creighton portal so I am guessing my decision has been made :)

Does anyone know if Creighton has AOA. Is it pass fail only in preclinical years? Where can I find more information about the curriculum? I am an accepted applicant (AZ).

Does anyone know if Creighton has AOA. Is it pass fail only in preclinical years? Where can I find more information about the curriculum? I am an accepted applicant (AZ).
Did a Google search for you

Creighton AOA - it exists
Creighton grading policy, clerkship grading - H/P/F for both preclinical + clerkship otherwise I don't think there's gonna be an AOA
Creighton New ERA curriculum Component I, Component II, etc... - if you're admitted then you already know about the tracks, anything more and you're gonna have to ask students with specific questions

• Haha
can someone explain how I get my financial aid letter? what do i need to submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, can someone explain what the mobile-device fee means? I saw it on the previous thread page for someone who posted their award.

Saw my package was uploaded and it's all loans (very low income, the works)

Saw my package was uploaded and it's all loans (very low income, the works)
inb4 the THICCY package comes thru for you ;)

But on topic, I'm not sure if it'll affect the financial aid package (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Each state has a FAFSA deadline and for AZ it asks us to check in with the FA Office. I know that if you're accepted after the FAFSA deadline, there's a grace period to resubmit/edit your FAFSA to include the new school. If Creighton accepts your FAFSA right now then you will likely get all loans (until more awards roll in). I'd recommend checking in with Creighton's FA office for clarity.

Received their Dean's scholarship this weekend ($45k per year). I had previously received $0 in need-based aid (EFC less than 9k).

Withdrew my A today. Good luck y'all!

Reactions: 6 users
Received their Dean's scholarship this weekend ($45k per year). I had previously received $0 in need-based aid (EFC less than 9k).

Withdrew my A today. Good luck y'all!
Do you receive this notification through email, Creighton email, NEST? Still haven't received my package..

Do you receive this notification through email, Creighton email, NEST? Still haven't received my package..
Both through email. The first regular package updated on NEST like the day before. I haven't checked NEST to see if it reflects the scholarship.

Did you write a request or anything for additional aid?? Thank you!
Nope. I saw the all-loans packaged and knew I didn't have the strength to argue for anything significant to make me want to pick Creighton. I am guessing as people withdraw, merit-based scholarship keeps opening up.

What happens if I write a letter of intent for Creighton, but it turns out I won't be able to attend due to financial reasons? Would I be blacklisted?

did anyone bring guests to admitted students day? if so, do they just tag along?

did anyone bring guests to admitted students day? if so, do they just tag along?
When I went there was an option to add a guest to the invite in the portal and you enter their name and upon arrival they had name tags for everyone to put on including the 1 guest that each person brought

Reactions: 3 users
Have you all accepted your financial aid offers from Creighton or is everyone waiting for them to offer more money/potential scholarships? I'm just a bit confused whether accepting the initial offer locks in the financial aid and then there is no hope of them improving it at all!

Have you all accepted your financial aid offers from Creighton or is everyone waiting for them to offer more money/potential scholarships? I'm just a bit confused whether accepting the initial offer locks in the financial aid and then there is no hope of them improving it at all!
I haven't accepted anything. I don't want to initiate $100k in loans at that interest rate until the last possible moment lol.

Is there anything we need to do by 4/30 to hold the acceptance other than the $100 deposit and plan to enroll? I just feel like there hasn't been any email communication about stuff other than the financial aid and I was getting a little nervous i was missing something...

Withdrew my A here- best of luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
What happens if I write a letter of intent for Creighton, but it turns out I won't be able to attend due to financial reasons? Would I be blacklisted?
By having to ask the question, you have answered it. Loans can be scary, but you will have a strong income stream when you start to practice and can have opportunities to gain additional income. EG Case review for insurance companies, additional on time call hours, etc. Income verses loan ratio is very important, but most physicians do not do it for the money only, but as a life's calling. Often the armed forces or tribal communities may pay off your loans in exchange for service. If your heart is really in it, pursue your life's ambition and dream.

By having to ask the question, you have answered it. Loans can be scary, but you will have a strong income stream when you start to practice and can have opportunities to gain additional income. EG Case review for insurance companies, additional on time call hours, etc. Income verses loan ratio is very important, but most physicians do not do it for the money only, but as a life's calling. Often the armed forces or tribal communities may pay off your loans in exchange for service. If your heart is really in it, pursue your life's ambition and dream.
Thank you for your answer but by “blacklisted” I meant for residency.

I saw on Reddit (therefore taking it with a grain of salt but wanted to confirm) that writing a LOIntent and not attending the school can blacklist you and prevent a residency at that school in the future.

Thank you for your answer but by “blacklisted” I meant for residency.

I saw on Reddit (therefore taking it with a grain of salt but wanted to confirm) that writing a LOIntent and not attending the school can blacklist you and prevent a residency at that school in the future.
Are you waitlisted? I think its more of a personal issue, a letter of intent is a promise, if you aren't certain you can promise, you can always write a letter of interest, stating how much you love and align with the school, but explicitly stating you will go here regardless. Don't promise you will attend unless there is absolutely no question :) just my personal thoughts and advice from my mentors. blacklisting I have no idea?

just withdrew my A! good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I’m late here but unfortunately I got rejected months ago (I knew my chances were very slim). Congratulations to all of you coming to Omaha!

I’m moving out of Omaha, but if any incoming students are looking for a place to live, Village Green Townhouses is awesome and very close to campus (a lot of Creighton dental and law students live at Village Green).

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone M3's or really anyone who knows how many students are on each core rotation with you, i.e. are you grouped 1-2 students + attending, intern residents etc or how many other students are with you on a rotation?

Just withdrew my acceptance! It really is a pretty cool school. I hope I make someone's day! :D

Reactions: 4 users