2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @doctor-J for sharing the questions!

2022-2023 Creighton Secondary Essay Prompts

1. Please state your reasons for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. (2000 characters)

2. In Creighton's Jesuit, Catholic tradition, the mission of the School of Medicine is to improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care. Please describe the role(s) you can play in helping the School of Medicine achieve its mission. (2000 characters)

3. How have your experiences with diverse populations prepared you for being a future physician? (2000 characters)

4. Describe how you have dealt with a personal challenge or major obstacle that you have overcome. Focus on what you learned about yourself and how it will help you during the challenges you might face in medical school.
(2000 characters)

5. Describe how the COVID pandemic prepared you for medical school? Include in your answer how it impacted your decision to apply to medical school and what you learned about yourself from the pandemic. (2000 characters)

6. Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student. (2000 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
OOS secondary received

Please state your reasons for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine.

In Creighton's Jesuit, Catholic tradition, the mission of the School of Medicine is to improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care. Please describe the role(s) you can play in helping the School of Medicine achieve its mission.

How have your experiences with diverse populations prepared you for being a future physician?

Describe how you have dealt with a personal challenge or major obstacle that you have overcome. Focus on what you learned about yourself and how it will help you during the challenges you might face in medical school.

Describe how the COVID pandemic prepared you for medical school? Include in your answer how it impacted your decision to apply to medical school and what you learned about yourself from the pandemic.

Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else's volunteer activities not saving when you enter them in (even when you hit save changes)?

Is anyone else's volunteer activities not saving when you enter them in (even when you hit save changes)?
You have to click the green arrow on the right for it to be added

Is the secondary portal down for anyone else? I was also having trouble saving my essay responses.

Is the secondary portal being weird for anyone else? When I click the "upload materials" tab I get an error message

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the secondary portal being weird for anyone else? When I click the "upload materials" tab I get an error message
Also getting a 500 error for that tab :( I sent them an email so ill let you know what happens

Yeah, I can't fill out the secondary either. Getting that 500 error.

Try resubmitting. It works now. Emailed them and was told they fixed the problem :thumbup:

Hi. I have the same issue. How did you fix the issue? Thanks for your help
Try inputting your essays in one at a time, like paste one essay in, press save, paste the second one in, press save, etc. That worked for me.

Hi. I have the same issue. How did you fix the issue? Thanks for your help
Not sure how but I emailed them, next day was told that it was fixed and submitted. If it is down just send them an email with your aamc id and let them know. I would also recommend trying different browsers.

Per usual, be sure to save a copy of your Creighton essays somewhere outside of the secondary boxes. Despite repeated saving, I got an error message and three of my essays vanished when I punched submit. I didn't have backups, but you will. : ) Good luck everybody!

Per usual, be sure to save a copy of your Creighton essays somewhere outside of the secondary boxes. Despite repeated saving, I got an error message and three of my essays vanished when I punched submit. I didn't have backups, but you will. : ) Good luck everybody!
one of my backups in word got deleted when my laptop restarted. cleared the recovery folder too for some wicked reason. Id recommend keeping a usb/ use google docs bc it autosaves with wifi

Reactions: 1 user
one of my backups in word got deleted when my laptop restarted. cleared the recovery folder too for some wicked reason. Id recommend keeping a usb/ use google docs bc it autosaves with wifi
This. "It must not be important if you don't back it up." Heard too many horror stories about people's computers going kaput and losing everything.

This. "It must not be important if you don't back it up." Heard too many horror stories about people's computers going kaput and losing everything.
Worst story ever, freshman thesis got deleted. Spent over a month on it, over 15 pages long. No trace of it found on my laptop. Felt like absolute ****, rewrote it in 2 days.

• Wow
For the question asking for Non-Medical Volunteer Activities, am I supposed to write a new description or copy and paste from my AMCAS application?

Does anyone have any insight to differences between the omaha and phoenix campuses (besides omaha being more established)? Student life, reputation, opportunities, regional preference, etc? I can't decide which one to apply to!

Adding on to the previous campus question - are you only considered for the one you select? Should we tailor our Why Us essay to that specific campus and the opportunities present?

Does anyone have any insight to differences between the omaha and phoenix campuses (besides omaha being more established)? Student life, reputation, opportunities, regional preference, etc? I can't decide which one to apply to!
weather is much better in Phoenix, particularly during school year. PHX Students seem much more into outdoor activities. They do not have a in house hospital at PHX, idk about omaha. Otherwise, my occasional interactions with the students seem very normal in PHX to what Ive seen at other schools

I'm a current 4th year in Phoenix and I have enjoyed my time in Phoenix much more than in Omaha. Phoenix has better weather imo, comprised exclusively of clinical students, and has some very good locations for subspecialty exposure and rotations (Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, etc.). That being said, there are some specialties that aren't well established in terms of education and training. For example, Omaha has a urology residency which would make it easier to connect with urology residents and attendings compared to Phoenix. That being said, it isn't impossible to connect with these types of physicians in Phoenix, it is just harder but constantly improving as Creighton University establishes itself as a larger presence in Phoenix. For example, there is word that a new Phoenix residency or two is in the works and to be started within the next 2-3 years, but no official announcements so far.

Overall, Phoenix is rich in clinical environment and colleagues -- expect only clinical research opportunities, more clinical student interactions and more professional-oriented interest groups/clubs. If you want the traditional college feel, access to basic research opportunities, better established connection with certain specialities, or don't want to experience living in an oven for ~4 months out of the year, Omaha would be better for you.

Anyone know how many people are admitted for each campus --Omaha and Phoenix?
I'm an M2 at the Phoenix campus. Our class is exactly 100, and I believe the Omaha class is 130. I believe that's consistent with the M1 class this year as well.

did yall have a lag time between adding the school and getting the secondary?

II just now 8/24/22. URM, 512, 3.95 GPA, No Research, submitted on 7/12/22, OOS, No tie. Watched Davey and Goliath growing up and Veggie Tales too.

Reactions: 5 users
II for AZ campus, RD

complete 7/12/22

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II OOS LM mid 70s, RD Arizona campus, complete 7/14

II! OOS, complete 7/13, 3.9 + 516

Last edited:
me and my delusional self thinking about the possibility of getting II today when I just got my complete email this morning

• Haha
what are the interviews like for those of you who have received II?

what are the interviews like for those of you who have received II?
Very conversational, be yourself, has little impact on your "score" and stack ranking of candidates, but if you say something offensive can result in a rejection.