2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my acceptance! It really is a pretty cool school. I hope I make someone's day! :D
Is there anything you need to do to get your enrollment deposit back, or do they handle that as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anything you need to do to get your enrollment deposit back, or do they handle that as well?
"Please note, if you have submitted your $100 class deposit and you have withdrawn by April 30, the deposit will be refunded within the next three weeks. Your deposit will be forwarded to the preferred address listed on your AMCAS. Please ensure that your preferred address is accurate."

They are mailing it?? A check maybe?

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew A as well, best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we are required to select "Plan to Enroll" by tomorrow or if all we had to do was drop down to one acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear back from one of my waitlist schools and saw on AMCAS CYMS that waitlist schools can see if you PTE'd somewhere else starting tomorrow (i think i'm interpreting that correctly).

Does anyone know if we are required to select "Plan to Enroll" by tomorrow or if all we had to do was drop down to one acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear back from one of my waitlist schools and saw on AMCAS CYMS that waitlist schools can see if you PTE'd somewhere else starting tomorrow (i think i'm interpreting that correctly).
you just need to narrow down to one acceptance and comitt to enroll before final deadline in July. PTE doesn’t matter.

Reactions: 1 users
Just turned down my A at the Phoenix branch, hoping it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
you just need to narrow down to one acceptance and comitt to enroll before final deadline in July. PTE doesn’t matter.
Actually just emailed the admissions office and they said they would like to see me PTE by tonight. Not sure if they're going to rescind our acceptance if we don't PTE by tonight.

• Wow
Actually just emailed the admissions office and they said they would like to see me PTE by tonight. Not sure if they're going to rescind our acceptance if we don't PTE by tonight.
Oh wow! I was going to PTE either way but I wish they let us know! On their website, it just sounds like they care about CTE by july

Reactions: 1 users
PTE has no risk, you can remain waitlisted for other schools and are free to accept other offers of admission. But yes best to select PTE even if you only have one offer standing. That is what I was advised by M3’s.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any portal status disappearances today?

From their email last week, I could not tell whether the committee was meeting today and accepting people tomorrow or today. It seemed like they had the dates mixed up a bit. BUT THE TIME IS ALMOST HERE!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys. My status is gone

• Love
Mine hasn't disappeared. Does that mean they're done for today? :(

• Care
Mine is still there as well. You should check CYMS if your status did change, though.

Mine is gone as well. Does that mean something good...?

According to the website, it is July 24th-July 28th.

Thanks. I couldn’t see that table on my phone so I didn’t see it previously.

Got the call. This is my number one I’m over the moon

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I also got a call this morning and was accepted :D

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Do you all think they're done with alternate acceptances for a while?

Do you all think they're done with alternate acceptances for a while?
Last cycle they pulled people off the WL almost weekly, so just trying to stay positive that the rest of us will hear something good soon.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hey, for you guys that withdrew their A from the Phoenix campus, what were your reasons why? Trying to make a decision

Withdrew my A here this morning, best of luck to all those on the waitlist!!!

is there an accepted students groupme?

dumb question: must we physically mail our transcript or can we send it via an official electronic service?

Last edited:
is there an accepted students groupme?

dumb question: must we physically mail our transcript or can we send it via an official electronic service?
My undergrad allowed me to send an official transcript via electronic service. I think it depends on which undergrads have e-transcript services.

Can
Hey, for you guys that withdrew their A from the Phoenix campus, what were your reasons why? Trying to make a decision
yes please could you all please help. My sister just received admission to Creighton-PHX and UA-Tucson. Besides the huge difference in tuition, please kindly help provide insight, and/or pros and cons between the schools. She is a little confused and any insight or info will be appreciated. Reasons besides tuition for withdrawing from Creighton will be most helpful. I thank you all in advance.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the secondary portal?? I keep getting an error message when I follow the link.

Reactions: 2 users
Officially withdrew my A! Best of luck to those on the waitlist

Reactions: 5 users
Can

yes please could you all please help. My sister just received admission to Creighton-PHX and UA-Tucson. Besides the huge difference in tuition, please kindly help provide insight, and/or pros and cons between the schools. She is a little confused and any insight or info will be appreciated. Reasons besides tuition for withdrawing from Creighton will be most helpful. I thank you all in advance.
I am not an expert on either of these schools but here are some things I would think about based on my limited perspective. 1. Mission fit (Creighton is Jesuit and some may not prefer that) 2. Clinical rotation sites (Creighton has several around Phoenix and UA tucson has Banner University with the option to do rural rotations ? I thinkI 3. How established the school is (I know some people prefer to be at a more well-established school and Tucson has been around for quite a while longer - although I have heard Creighton is very receptive to student feedback and making changes since the Phx branch is so new), and 4. Location (Phoenix versus Tucson). The financial aspect is definitely a huge portion of it, but those are things I would consider if I were deciding between those 2 schools

ACCEPTED!!!! I can't believe it. I'm going to be a doctor. Thank you all ❤️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users