2022-2023 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my first A!!!!
(Status change via email. OOS ORM LM 62)

Congrats!!! Anyone else receive news?

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!! Anyone else receive news?

Any news from other sources?

Does this mean they are taking their time to send out As? I feel like I've been holding my breath for the past three weeks :')

Any news from other sources?

Does this mean they are taking their time to send out As? I feel like I've been holding my breath for the past three weeks :')
According to their website, "We anticipate few offers will be made before February of 2023." There also seemed to be quite a few more offers go out feb-march last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to their website, "We anticipate few offers will be made before February of 2023." There also seemed to be quite a few more offers go out feb-march last year.

Yea I think the majority of showcase invitees will be getting news in March. They said they will get back to everyone mid to late March but agh I don’t wanna wait that long :(

Also in showcase they mentioned they have a hard cap of 64 students for the next class (and classes after for the near future). So I don’t think they sent out that many acceptances yet but I wonder if they only have that many As circulating at a time since they don’t want to go over 64.

does anyone have more information on how we are evaluated post-showcase? I remember them saying something about MCAT not being considered until after showcase but I don't remember
A user last year posted an explanation here:

As far as how grading process works, two faculty reviewers read the application independently, and each gives a score to the application. If the two scores are close enough (small std) and reach a certain cutoff score (they gradually lower cutoff overtime), they will then send your app to admission committee for a vote. If two scores differ by a lot, they will send the application to a third faculty to re-evaluate again (which is likely why a lot of us still haven’t heard back). On average, they spend ~5 hours on every application before making the final decision. Once they finalize everyone’s score, they will make a distribution plot and accept/waitlist/deny people based on that distribution. I think for people who were already accepted, admission office must be very confident that they will still be the top X% after everyone’s score is finalized.

Reactions: 1 user
thanks for finding that and letting us know! do we happen to know if scores are altered based on mcat/gpa after the initial scoring? bc i swear it was mentioned that they would eventually look at that but i assume it won’t be as big as a factor as it is for other schools since they emphasized that in the showcase

Reactions: 1 users
when are decisions supposed to go out? March??
i thought all med schools are required to have sent out a full class of acceptances by the end of february but can’t find where i read this on amcas’s website

I think they need to send a full class by March 15th, it definitely feels like acceptances are going out slower this year than last but maybe people are just not as open reporting them.

Anyone know the estimate for acceptance rate once invited to showcase?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they need to send a full class by March 15th, it definitely feels like acceptances are going out slower this year than last but maybe people are just not as open reporting them.

"We had a MAJOR increase in the number of qualified applicants" etc etc. :'( -- the start of nearly every R email thus far.

I need to go hug my dog now.

Nothing here, just me being emo from all the R emails this week using variations of that phrase.
There is reason to be relatively optimistic. According to MSAR, there were 2,471 applicants for 47 seats (1.9% matriculant rate) last year. This year, AAMC stats are reporting 2,923 (+18%) applicants for 64 (+36%) seats (2.2% matriculants) -- all to say, it is easier (albeit marginally) to get in this year than last...!

Last edited:
There is reason to be relatively optimistic. According to MSAR, there were 2,471 applicants for 47 seats (1.9% matriculant rate). This year, AAMC stats are reporting 2,923 (+18%) applicants for 64 (+36%) seats (2.2% matriculants) -- all to say, it is easier (albeit marginally) to get in this year than last...!

Also noticed something on MSAR:

Average Accepted GPA: 3.73
Average Matriculated GPA: 3.61
Average Accepted MCAT: 513
Average Matriculated GPA: 510

The accepted vs matriculated stats were little more drastic than the other schools I looked at, but that could just be because of the small class size.

Also noticed something on MSAR:

Average Accepted GPA: 3.73
Average Matriculated GPA: 3.61
Average Accepted MCAT: 513
Average Matriculated GPA: 510

The accepted vs matriculated stats were little more drastic than the other schools I looked at, but that could just be because of the small class size.
Presumably, more competitive students holding multiple acceptances are choosing more established schools. It's too bad there is no waitlist data on MSAR, but from last year's thread, it looks like a lot of students get accepted off the waitlist in April/May.

Presumably, more competitive students holding multiple acceptances are choosing more established schools. It's too bad there is no waitlist data on MSAR, but from last year's thread, it looks like a lot of students get accepted off the waitlist in April/May.

Carle is a niche program. So if these high stats applicants are holding multiple acceptances, I hope they realize that certain candidates would LOVE to go to Carle strictly because of its engineering/math/innovation focus... :) :) :) :) :) :)

One more time for those in the back-- THERE'S MATH. ;) ;) ;)

--Just in case anyone misses it, I'm joking. Love the school? Go here... and pray for us to get in too! :D

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
It’s been like 3 weeks since the last decision post in here.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
It’s been like 3 weeks since the last decision post in here.
i wonder if they're going to start releasing decisions in bigger batches now as they get closer to march 15th? it seems like only a handful of A's went out during january (presumably some of their top applicants!)

i wonder if they're going to start releasing decisions in bigger batches now as they get closer to march 15th? it seems like only a handful of A's went out during january (presumably some of their top applicants!)

i really hope so the wait is killing me

Another week of crickets... hang in there my fellow anxious applicants. We've all spent years getting to this point, hopefully we all hear good news soon. :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I just got accepted!!! I feel like I’m walking on clouds

Reactions: 10 users
Just received an A!!!! 7:18am PST. Oh my god I'm freaking out right now.

Complete 09/16. Showcase invite 11/30.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
CONGRATS when were you complete and when was your showcase invite?
complete 8/2/2022, invited to register for a showcase on 10/17/2022! MCAT of 510 (128/126/126/130), cGPA of 3.78, and sGPA of 3.67! ORM as well

Reactions: 4 users
A! Wow, can’t believe I’m not reapplying.
Showcase invite 10/17 complete 8/12

🥶🥶🥶

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I JUST GOT THE A!!!!!!! OH MY LORD!!!!!!! Y'ALL CLASS OF 2027 IS GOING TO BE EFFING LIIIIIITTTTTT. YAAAAAAASSSS!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I JUST GOT THE A!!!!!!! OH MY LORD!!!!!!! Y'ALL CLASS OF 2027 IS GOING TO BE EFFING LIIIIIITTTTTT. YAAAAAAASSSS!!!!

CONGRATSS <3333 i knew you could do it! Did you also get it at ~10 eastern?

• Love
CONGRATSS <3333 i knew you could do it! Did you also get it at ~10 eastern?

THANK YOU SIGNOMIII!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

I was taking a depressingly long luxury **** and procrastinating a class assignment then checked my email around 12:30ish to see if the prof finally posted grades... and THEN MY HEART STARTED POUNDING LIKE WTF IS THIS EMAIL? (Retrospectively, it was sent at 10:38am.) So I sprinted downstairs, heart jumping harder than Riri's backup dancers at the Super Bowl, opened the email, saw the confetti, didn't even read the ****ing email, ran to the couch SCREAMING. My husband had this worried look on this face like I was about to have a seizure, SO I TACKLED HIS ASS from the couch, rolled backwards onto the cushion, fell on the floor, and started convulsing like I was at a Deadmau5-Kaskade mashup concert back in the 00's. Since changing careers, having a meltdown in my 20s, moving states, going back to school-- ****ING EIGHT YEARS IN THE MAKING, AND MY OLD ASS FINALLY MADE IT. HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE. SOMEONE GET MY TENNIS BALLS, CUZ MY WALKER NEEDS A NEW SET. TOTO, WE GOIN' TO ILLINOIS.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
THANK YOU SIGNOMIII!!!!!!
I was taking a depressingly long luxury **** and procrastinating a class assignment then checked my email around 12:30ish to see if the prof finally posted grades... and THEN MY HEART STARTED POUNDING LIKE WTF IS THIS EMAIL? (Retrospectively, it was sent at 10:38am.) So I sprinted downstairs, heart jumping harder than Riri's backup dancers at the Super Bowl, opened the email, saw the confetti, didn't even read the ****ing email, ran to the couch SCREAMING. My husband had this worried look on this face like I was about to have a seizure, SO I TACKLED HIS ASS from the couch, rolled backwards onto the cushion, fell on the floor, and started convulsing like I was at a Deadmau5-Kaskade mashup concert back in the 00's. Since changing careers, having a meltdown in my 20s, moving states, going back to school-- ****ING EIGHT YEARS IN THE MAKING, AND MY OLD ASS FINALLY MADE IT. HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE. SOMEONE GET MY TENNIS BALLS, CUZ MY WALKER NEEDS A NEW SET. TOTO, WE GOIN' TO ILLINOIS.

hahaha this made my day!! I’m so happy for you, you’re gonna kill it at Carle :)

• Love
Waitlisted just now. Showcase invite 12/17. Does anyone know if there is waitlist movement at Carle?

WL - 10/17 showcase invite. good luck to everyone waitlisted or waiting to hear back, and congrats to everyone accepted!!

R from Carle-Illinois just now. Submitted 8/13, OOS, ORM, LM 70, LM 71, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Major. They have the shortest Rejection letter I've ever seen from a med school before. I got really happy and really depressed in a short amount of time. That's the effect this R letter had on me.

"Thank you for considering Carle Illinois College of Medicine. We were thrilled with the quality of portfolios and overall applications we received. We are most grateful to you for participating in our unique application process for the world’s first engineering infused college of medicine. Our admissions committee has made decisions and we regret that we are not able to offer you a place in our class matriculating July of 2023.

We hope your medical school application process is proceeding well and wish you every success in your career."

Last edited:
  • Care
A this morning! Showcase invite on 12/1, CS major

Is there an accepted students group?

Last edited:
  • Love
for those of you who got accepted -- what is your ug/master major ? congrats everyone : )

Also got the A this morning! This is my first A!!!! Complete 8/16/2022 and showcase on 12/12/2022.

• Love