2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawn - Accepted at Chicago Campus, Dean’s Scholarship, and UMed Interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?

I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?
Probably pretty decent to be honest - if you haven't already, consider sending update letters before the april 30th deadline describing your interests in the school and how what you've done post being waitlisted aligns with those values. If you do have 1 top school you could also send a letter of intent there, but only send to 1. Ultimately for peace of mind, I was start applying to the post-bacc, which is what I started to do when I was waitlisted to multiple schools too.

Probably pretty decent to be honest - if you haven't already, consider sending update letters before the april 30th deadline describing your interests in the school and how what you've done post being waitlisted aligns with those values. If you do have 1 top school you could also send a letter of intent there, but only send to 1. Ultimately for peace of mind, I was start applying to the post-bacc, which is what I started to do when I was waitlisted to multiple schools too.
Thank you so much. I sent letters of interest and intent last month so would they appreciate any more updates? Or would it just bug them? I also acquired a few certifications since my last letters but mentioned that I was in the courses so idk if that is something I should upload?

Thank you so much. I sent letters of interest and intent last month so would they appreciate any more updates? Or would it just bug them? I also acquired a few certifications since my last letters but mentioned that I was in the courses so idk if that is something I should upload?
From my understanding (and it could be wrong), most schools rarely look at those letters of updates/intent until the april 30th deadline this deep into the cycle. Once the commit to enroll hits and they have an understanding of how many seats to fill - they will start going through each person on the WL to determine whether or not to offer admission and this is when they would acknowledge your letters of intent/updates. So I would say hold off especially if you already mentioned the certifications, and unless something extraordinary occurs in the next two weeks that you must send another update - do not send.

Does anyone know the odds of getting off the alternate list?
No specific data on how many are specifically taken off the waitlist as that varies each year, but the post-interview acceptance rate was 85% last year (which includes those taken off DD and the waitlist)

Since the committee is meeting tomorrow, do we think they'll start pulling people from the waitlist? My understanding is that interviews ended in february so i assumed that they would start to go back through WL'ed people

Has anyone been accepted without taking the entire altus suite? Currently waitlisted but I only took the Casper exam. I'm wondering if that is the reason.

Has anyone been accepted without taking the entire altus suite? Currently waitlisted but I only took the Casper exam. I'm wondering if that is the reason.
The rest of the Altus suite are very quick and shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete :) it might help to have them

Members don't see this ad :)
The rest of the Altus suite are very quick and shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete :) it might help to have them
I'd imagine it is way too late to send them more materials like Casper/Duet/Altus/Preview etc

If you got an interview they obviously felt that you satisfied the personality test portion of the application.

anyone still waiting on financial aid? I got activated my net id and have access to the portal, but do not see any financial aid info

Also curious
Just speculation, but based on previous threads, they hit their quota on acceptance offers they can give out soon after interviews end, so the spots that were freed up after the 4/15 deadline may possibly warrant some WL movement this weekend, but I still think the bulk will be May through a week before orientation as expected

I have always wanted to ask... for those who get in a week before orientation, how do they manage to find a place to live and transition their entire life within a week ????

I have always wanted to ask... for those who get in a week before orientation, how do they manage to find a place to live and transition their entire life within a week ????
Very difficult but doable! My friend got in a few weeks before school started at another medical school and she found a place pretty quickly. If you are still on a WL, I would look into leasing options in the chance you get a last minute acceptance.

Has anyone emailed admissions about switching campuses? I understand they’re final, wondering what they say via email?

Ghosted from UIC, assuming they’ll just send a mass R email in May? Was my top choice since in state

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I put my ranking for campuses but currently waitlisted OS and honestly would accept regardless of assigned campus since each has a different personal perk for me. Is there any way for me to tell them this so I don’t get skipped for an acceptance slot if it’s for a different campus?

I put my ranking for campuses but currently waitlisted OS and honestly would accept regardless of assigned campus since each has a different personal perk for me. Is there any way for me to tell them this so I don’t get skipped for an acceptance slot if it’s for a different campus?
How are you ranking your campuses if you are on the waitlist? I am too, but do not see where?

I am going to commit to enroll May 1st, and I am trying to be proactive about housing. Is there any group chat to find potential roommates? Do most students live in Little Italy area? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted at the Chicago campus as well, likely turning it down unless given a scholarship

Does anyone have any info about how often those are given out or how UIC approaches them?

Also accepted at the Chicago campus yesterday! Does anyone know if UIC offers in-person tours?

Also accepted at the Chicago campus yesterday! Does anyone know if UIC offers in-person tours?
They do! During second look they sent out a google form for us to sign up for specific dates. Those have all passed but if you email the admissions office I'm sure they will accommodate you

Depends on the week. Core case and TBL are typically mornings, HIS, HCS, PHA, anatomy lab, and DoCS are typically afternoons. You can take a look at the Chicago M1 schedule HERE. Other campuses vary due to smaller classes making DoCS and anatomy lab operate differently and they do not have any PHAs (physician house advising). Courses marked with an M are mandatory, otherwise, they are optional. Everything is recorded except PHA. Some mandatory courses are online, most are in person.
I sent you a message with some questions!

Last edited:
Also does anyone know how out of state tuition works?

Basic google search tells me that after 12 consecutive months you’re consider a resident and should qualify for in-state tuition, but I’m not sure if that’s applied to UIC

Basic google search tells me that after 12 consecutive months you’re consider a resident and should qualify for in-state tuition, but I’m not sure if that’s applied to UIC
Doesn’t apply to UIC. You’d need 12 months of physical residence in Illinois while not enrolled in school…

If you are moving to Illinois 12 months prior to the first day of classes for a reason other than to attend school (for a new job, parents move), you can apply for in state tuition. If you move to Illinois to attend school, you will be considered OOS for your entire tenure at any UofI school.

Did anyone never get an official pre-II R from this school? :( I would've at least liked to know they read my app.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone never get an official pre-II R from this school? :( I would've at least liked to know they read my app.
I didn't get a pre-II R -- definitely would've been nice to have some type of confirmation

Reactions: 2 users

I certainly do not have all of the information but I do believe that all OOS tuition has a similar rule, you must live for 12 months in the state for reasons other than furthering education to become a resident. So if you are there for school you are not working towards your 12 months and will have to pay OOS tuition for all 4 years.