2022-2023 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone that’s accepted very recently interview in January or after?

Members don't see this ad.

Gotcha, have a feeling it’s time to move on to plan B this late in the cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha, have a feeling it’s time to move on to plan B this late in the cycle
when i called and talked to admissions they said there is still movement throughout may and it starts to slow down in june so there is still time!

when i called and talked to admissions they said there is still movement throughout may and it starts to slow down in june so there is still time!
that’s nice to hear, I sent an email a week ago about movement and I didn’t get a response :/

We know there's at least some movement. After all, two people in this thread got the A! (On that note, congrats folks I'm so envious ♥️)

I'm still prepping my reapp, but there's still a glimmer of hope.

Just got the A today! To everyone on AWPA: Don't lose hope! There is still time and I am rooting for you all.

you could try calling! beth, the director of admissions, was extremely nice and helpful when i talked with her
I feel so bad for her having to put up with our anxious selves! Hope she gets a good break after the cycle is over, she deserves it

Today I'm accepting an A from another med school so hopefully one of you will be getting the call this week! Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
If anybody has the GroupMe for siu could you guys send it to me 😭

I notice the Facebook group is at 72, which is what the previous years are hovering at... Does that mean they're done? Or is there a shred of hope somewhere still?🥲

I notice the Facebook group is at 72, which is what the previous years are hovering at... Does that mean they're done? Or is there a shred of hope somewhere still?🥲
I am assuming/hoping that some people are still waiting to officially accept an acceptance.

Based off of previous Facebook group sizes I think it’s full now ;( twas a good run

• Care
Accepting an A from another school. Withdrawing my postion from awpa. Hopefully you guys get in 🙏

I just got the A this morning! Good luck to everyone on AWPA! There is still movement, so don't give up hope😊

Anyone know if they have a matriculation drug screening test?
A cursory run research shows me their GME programs and residency programs require it, but I can't find anything for if there's anything for first years. Googling the question pulled up a previous thread from a prior year with a similar question, and they said there wasn't one in orientation materials

The TL;DR seems to be that you won't have one for pre-matriculation but will probably run into one eventually, if I'm reading this right.

I got accepted today! Only one of the cycle so its been a journey....to those still waiting I know its hard but best of luck and keep some hope!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users