2022-2023 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you ever figure this out? My personalized deadline is Sept. 1 and I am wondering the same thing. As in if it is due August 31st at 11:59pm or Sept 1st at 11:59pm
I believe you have until EOD on your personalized deadline! I submitted mine the day of

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when we can anticipate the first batch of invites to their showcase?

Reactions: 1 users
Is it correct in thinking that once you open the link to the video essay, you have to do it in one take (i.e. no uploading your own edited video)?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
according to last years threads, we r expected to hear back from this school late Nov- Dec ?

For those who received invites, would you mind sharing when you were complete, and when is the showcase? Thanks!

For those who received invites, would you mind sharing when you were complete, and when is the showcase? Thanks!
I was complete 07/19, and there were dates all throughout November when I checked

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the probability of post-showcase acceptance?

Rough napkin math but... MSAR says 64 expected new entrants and 2471 applicants last year.

Based on their email, they invite the top 10% of applicants to showcase. If we assume a 5% increase in applicants (2595) and that they release 2x as many acceptances (128) as they have matriculants (64), can we expect 49% chance of admission from here?? Even with error, those are good odds.

• Wow
Does anyone know how they judge who gets an acceptance after a showcase invite? There’s no interview so I’m a little confused about their process of selection going forward.

Does anyone know if they do multiple rounds of showcase invites? I was complete around the end of July so I'm wondering if this is the only point where that time range will be invited.

Showcase Invite 10/17. Complete on 7/25. OOS engineering major.

• Love
Does anyone know if they do multiple rounds of showcase invites? I was complete around the end of July so I'm wondering if this is the only point where that time range will be invited.
Wondering the same. I was completed 8/11. Is it over for me? 😅

Yes they do multiple rounds of showcases, I got the invite last yr but did not convert to an A. They really don't seem to evaluate you at all in the invite (some people last yr got As even before going to theirs)..so I just chose a later time. if I get rejected I just won't have to go haha

do you guys think an earlier showcase invite here correlates to a higher acceptance rate? since they already have all the information they need to make a decision
The school is probably too new for anyone to deduce anything from how they review applications... My guess is they review a certain amount of applicants and send a wave of invites to the top 10% of that group, and then move on to the next group. If that is the case, I think getting a showcase invite sooner or later doesn't matter that much. You are in the top 10% if you get a showcase invite anyway.

whats the dress code for showcases?
Business casual should be fine. In previous years they were not evaluative, as applicants were sometimes accepted before their showcase had taken place.

Showcase invite received! LM71 and complete beginning of August. OOS engineering major.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many rounds of showcase invites they sendf out?

To add to this, anyone know/have a guess on when they’ll start sending out As?
So MSAR says Dec1 and their website said Feb, but last years sdn said Jan 19... all in all, i have no idea and am wondering the same thing:cool:

Does anyone know how many rounds of showcase invites they sendf out?
Before last year, it seemed to be three rounds of a large number of invites. But looking at last year's thread, maybe more rounds with a smaller number of invites? I didn't see any showcase invites post-Jan in the thread though.

Do we need to wear formal attire for the student session part of the showcase?

Invited to showcase 11/17. Complete 8/27.
OOS. ORM LM 62. Engineering major (BS, MS)

Last edited:
Not necessary, but most people at mine were wearing full suit and tie. It is explicitly not recorded, and the students have no say in admissions. Its just an opportunity for you to ask questions about life down there, school, opportunities, culture, etc... to help gauge if this is the right place for you.
Do we need to wear formal attire for the student session part of the showcase?

Does anyone know if they go through applications once? It seems most showcase invites are coming in chronological order based on completion, so if you were complete early is it unlikely to get a showcase invite now?

Not necessary, but most people at mine were wearing full suit and tie. It is explicitly not recorded, and the students have no say in admissions. Its just an opportunity for you to ask questions about life down there, school, opportunities, culture, etc... to help gauge if this is the right place for you.
Is it similar to a student panel? What about the faculty member session, is it more formal?

Also, are either 1 on 1?

Is it similar to a student panel? What about the faculty member session, is it more formal?

Also, are either 1 on 1?
Haven’t had my faculty panel yet. It was a group zoom, so like 10applicant and 3 Students all on screen together

Haven’t had my faculty panel yet. It was a group zoom, so like 10applicant and 3 Students all on screen together
Thanks for the info. Did you get any info on the session a day or two ahead of time? I'm not sure how to prepare!

Thanks for the info. Did you get any info on the session a day or two ahead of time? I'm not sure how to prepare!
I didn't prepare for the student session at all. All I'd say is show up and be interested in getting to learn as much about the school and people as possible. You're obviously very well qualified if you've been invited to the showcase, so I'd think of it is as exactly that, a showcase. Be curious, and well spoken and I'm sure you'll make a great impression.

Can report back after the faculty showcase with more insight.

I didn't prepare for the student session at all. All I'd say is show up and be interested in getting to learn as much about the school and people as possible. You're obviously very well qualified if you've been invited to the showcase, so I'd think of it is as exactly that, a showcase. Be curious, and well spoken and I'm sure you'll make a great impression.

Can report back after the faculty showcase with more insight.
That all makes sense! Thanks a bunch for the tips.

Student showcase is really a 0 stress environment. No adcom presence or recording as other users said. Lots of people in suits at mine, but I think most would agree it's unnecessary; just look presentable as everyone has their camera on for 1hr. Use it as an opportunity to ask 2-3 current students about student life, academics, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
Showcase invitation after absolutely bombing my video secondary! Super excited since I have a very strong engineering background

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Invited to showcase 11/18. Complete 9/1.
OOS. ORM. Engineering major (BS, MS).
Engineering career for over 5 years.

Super stoked to hear back from my dream school!

Has anyone had the staff member session yet? Any advice or info on how the session is structured? Thanks!

It's basically a Q&A. I had to duck out early and the staff member was really cool about it. Come prepared with questions. It was very, very chill!
So the staff and student sessions are both Q&A? Is the staff session 1 on 1 or a group of applicants?