2022-2023 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
class size gradually increased class of 2023 was 32 people im saying 27 of those are included in this webpage

pretty sure first year had 100% match rate and both 2022/2023 matched to some amazing programs
Carle Illinois posted about their 100% match rate for their inaugural class. Wondering if they didn't post that this year for a reason...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know what’s going on with the accreditation ? have they been granted full accreditation yet?
don't quote me, but I think they were given provisional again. The LCME site updated its "Next Survey Date" to 2024-2025 (it was 2022-2023 when I checked it around my showcase in December), but the status is still provisional.

R just now (got an email for Status Update). Showcase invite on 12/19

👉 Looking forward 👉 to potential WL movement next Monday

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
isn’t that when the deadline to narrow to three choices is?
Yes, and it has been the same deadline for a long time now, but seeing as some students were accepted off WL on April 1st (2021-2022) and April 2nd (2020-2021), I'm guessing it's possible to have WL movement prior to April 15th if not enough people accepted the first couple rounds of As.

Does anyone know when they will start granting scholarships for the coming school year?

Or when they have granted them in years past?

wait only 32 matched? isn’t the class size ~50? that means 36% of the class either failed to match or didn’t enter at all.
Many med students at Carle take research years or gap years to pursue other degrees like a Master's. I'd assume that's why they haven't included a few of the students while still claiming a 100% match rate.

Released my A here; hope it goes to one of y'all incredible folx. Best of luck! :giggle:

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
got an A a few weeks ago after being on the WL, but just withdrew! Good luck everyone 🙌

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
A from WL just now ! Via email

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A from WL via email! 3.6, 513, ORM, out-of-state re-applicant

+1 if anyone has a link to the GroupMe

Reactions: 3 users
A today as well! So excited! Can someone please send me the GroupMe link or FB link?

Reactions: 1 users
Also accepted off WL today! LM 75, trad applicant. Can someone send GroupMe please? :)

A from WL yesterday, 516, 3.41, ORM OOS re-applicant

Can someone send me the GroupMe link as well? Thanks!

Congrats to you all! This should link you to the CICOM Class of 2027 GroupMe. Lmk if it doesn’t work!

GroupMe

Congrats to everyone accepted! Does anyone know if or when waitlisted people get a rejection email?

Can anyone who attended Carle's 2nd look this past weekend share their thoughts? What did you think of PBL, the campus, etc?

Scared the crap out of me, in a good way…only to be confused

Can anyone who got accepted give advice on what you did for your secondary's artifacts?

Just got the A a couple hours ago off the waitlist! Went to promotions so almost missed it. Good luck everyone

If there’s any students who attend carle on here I was wondering what you thought about it being a new school and how that impacts your chances at competitive residencies

Just got the A! Can someone send me the link to the groupchat?

Do you guys think there will be more waitlist movement?

Curious what made everyone here decide to apply to/accept at Carle? 👀 What do y'all hope to get out of it that you couldn't get elsewhere?

Seems like a very interesting concept for a school, and we certainly don't have anything like it in vet-land

Last edited:
Do you guys think there will be more waitlist movement?
I’m not sure but I saw there was a glitch with CYMS. I wonder to what extent Carle was affected? If they were, maybe some more waitlist decisions before this week ends.