2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I certainly do not have all of the information but I do believe that all OOS tuition has a similar rule, you must live for 12 months in the state for reasons other than furthering education to become a resident. So if you are there for school you are not working towards your 12 months and will have to pay OOS tuition for all 4 years.
Can confirm through experience with what the FA office told me. Can also confirm it sucks paying so much lmao

Gonna get that degree though, so we out here

I just got off the waitlist last Thursday and my campus placement on the portal said TBD. However, I called admissions and they said everyone that was taken off the waitlist last week was placed in the Chicago campus. Did anyone else have something similar?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got off the waitlist last Thursday and my campus placement on the portal said TBD. However, I called admissions and they said everyone that was taken off the waitlist last week was placed in the Chicago campus. Did anyone else have something similar?
it was in the initial acceptance email that the placement was chicago

Accepted!!!! Got the A at the Chicago Campus - interviewed 03/08, DD and waitlisted 4/13 as well. So excited.

Has anyone who got in off waitlist recently been able to activate their netid? I’ve still not received my activation token yet and it’s been almost 10 days since I got accepted

Just accepted off the waitlist! I am trying to select "Plan to Enroll" in CYMS in AMCAS, but it is still showing "Alternate List" for UIC. Anyone know how long it takes for them to update this?

I was accepted yesterday!! SO EXCITED. I was assigned to the Peoria campus. I've always lived in Chicago and all of my family lives here. Does anybody have advice on how to go about asking for a campus change? also, how long does it take for the CYMS tool to show up in AMCAS? Mine does not come up... i accepted my offer through the UIC portal.

I was accepted yesterday!! SO EXCITED. I was assigned to the Peoria campus. I've always lived in Chicago and all of my family lives here. Does anybody have advice on how to go about asking for a campus change? also, how long does it take for the CYMS tool to show up in AMCAS? Mine does not come up... i accepted my offer through the UIC portal.
I believe there is no appeal process for campuses. Based on what they said on interview day, you have to attend whichever campus you were assigned to

Just accepted off the waitlist! I am trying to select "Plan to Enroll" in CYMS in AMCAS, but it is still showing "Alternate List" for UIC. Anyone know how long it takes for them to update this?
I have the same issue after getting in yesterday. I called and they said if it hasn't changed by Monday to let them know!

Edit: they just updated mine today on AMCAS, it took about 24 hours.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, how did you rank your campuses? and are you in-state or out-of-state? For the others that also received an acceptance that day, can you please answer my questions too? I am in-state, live near Chicago, and was also placed in Peoria after ranking it 2nd lol.
I called earlier this week to ask about that. I got placed in Chicago. You can rank the campuses in your portal if you want but it doesn’t matter at this point because the assignment you got in your acceptance email is where a spot opened up, so all campus placements are final.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you rank your campuses? and are you in-state or out-of-state? For the others that also received an acceptance that day, can you please answer my questions too? I am in-state, live near Chicago, and was also placed in Peoria after ranking it 2nd lol.
I am in state. In the email that they sent me they told me that I got Chicago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all the recently accepted applicants -- if you guys don't mind, could you like this message if you plan on CTE'ing here or dislike if still considering other options? Thank you, really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
has anyone who was accepted last thursday (5/11) gotten a link to create a portal or a financial aid package yet?

Seems like they're only taking people who interviewed later in the cycle off the waitlist, dunno why they just don't send R to people on the bottom of the pile who aren't being considered.

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone who was accepted last thursday (5/11) gotten a link to create a portal or a financial aid package yet?
Got accepted off the waitlist like two week ago and still trying to get my activation token so I can see my financial aid/scholarship info

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum, but I joined as I have been accepted to the Peoria campus (interviewed in October and was taken off the waitlist last week). I was wondering if there is a accepted students thread I can find? I was wanting to find a roommate.

Anyone know if they’ll be reaching out to WL people on the third Thursday basis still?
They're more random with waitlist acceptances so I would say any weekday lol. Last week Friday they sent out acceptances, and the Thursday the previous week they also sent acceptances. It's more about availability now. For some unsolicited advice lol, make sure to submit, if not already, a letter of intent detailing why you want uic, why they should accept you, and any updates you might have.

They're more random with waitlist acceptances so I would say any weekday lol. Last week Friday they sent out acceptances, and the Thursday the previous week they also sent acceptances. It's more about availability now. For some unsolicited advice lol, make sure to submit, if not already, a letter of intent detailing why you want uic, why they should accept you, and any updates you might have.

Thanks for the info and insight. I submitted a LOI a few mo ago with the factors you mentioned included. And I sent a regular update letter a few months before that one.

Can any current students weigh in on if I should get an iPad for med school at UIC? I know some schools provide every student with an iPad - not sure if that's the case here. If UIC doesn't provide one, would you recommend getting one as a learning/study aid? Or is regular laptop sufficient?

Can any current students weigh in on if I should get an iPad for med school at UIC? I know some schools provide every student with an iPad - not sure if that's the case here. If UIC doesn't provide one, would you recommend getting one as a learning/study aid? Or is regular laptop sufficient?

This is one of those cop-out "everyone learns different" answers. Personally, I have my main laptop that I've had for years at this point running videos (hooked up to dual monitors, highly recommend) and use a tablet to write down notes. I don't think it's necessary, but if you despise using a pencil and paper or just want to keep notes electronically, it is helpful.

Two side notes: if you're a loans-only student like me, your financial aid Cost of Attendance will include a budget for a computer (it was ~2k for us, not sure if it is going up next year), and this will only be available to you during the first year. Theres some process to go through, but if you keep your receipts and buy it during the school year, you won't really have a huge issue getting reimbursed. Feel free to DM if you want the entire process I went through

Second side note: I recommend something like the Surface that can act as both a computer and tablet. I'm not sure what else is out there that is similar, but I really like mine (after I "downgraded" to windows 10).

Has anybody who’s gotten accepted off the waitlist still not received any financial aid package or scholarship info? I still haven’t even received my activation token yet

Reactions: 1 user
Has anybody who’s gotten accepted off the waitlist still not received any financial aid package or scholarship info? I still haven’t even received my activation token yet

When attempting to log into MyUIC, there is a link to submit a help desk ticket. Submit one requesting your pin. Way faster than going through admissions. This will only work if you have already been assigned a UIN and email.

If awarded a scholarship, you’ll get an email. Financial aid breakdown will be on MyUIC.

For people that got scholarships, how much were you awarded? and was it for 4 years or just the 1st?
Were you notified with your acceptance email or did you find out later?

Have you received a UIN and email yet? Was also accepted off the waitlist like 2-3 weeks ago and I have not.

Has anyone had any luck contacting admissions recently? I emailed them over a week ago and then again yesterday and have heard absolutely nothing.

Has anyone had any luck contacting admissions recently? I emailed them over a week ago and then again yesterday and have heard absolutely nothing.
Just wanted to write I've had issues contacting them as well. I was accepted off the waitlist a few weeks ago, but was offered the Rockford campus (have lived in Chicago for five years, highlighted Chicago service opportunities in my application). I have another acceptance in Chicago area so trying to double check that campus reassignment is not possible before withdrawing. Have not heard anything after emailing.

Just wanted to write I've had issues contacting them as well. I was accepted off the waitlist a few weeks ago, but was offered the Rockford campus (have lived in Chicago for five years, highlighted Chicago service opportunities in my application). I have another acceptance in Chicago area so trying to double check that campus reassignment is not possible before withdrawing. Have not heard anything after emailing.
Try calling the general med admissions office in Chicago. They are very responsive.

Anybody know what attendance and absence policy is like fo M1? Like how lax attendance actually is when you're there (on Peoria campus)

Guessing class is next to basically filled?
last year's thread shows some people got accepted off the waitlist in mid-June so there's still hope! Plus UIC has a "Commit To Enroll" deadline on July 1st, so students still holding more than one acceptance will be forced to decide so some seats might open up.

I've been thinking, what would happen if someone placed in Rockford/Peoria applies to a Chicago-only concentration program and gets accepted? Or would they automatically deny you based on campus placement?

I've been thinking, what would happen if someone placed in Rockford/Peoria applies to a Chicago-only concentration program and gets accepted? Or would they automatically deny you based on campus placement?
i think when i spoke to admissions abt this, they said that we are not considered for programs that are not offered at our assigned campus

Accepted into Chicago *screaming crying throwing up*

Have any recent acceptance people received their UIN also I am an alumnus and have an old UIN number so would just reuse that one? Thanks!

Have any recent acceptance people received their UIN also I am an alumnus and have an old UIN number so would just reuse that one? Thanks!
Not yet... also an alumnus so hoping that we do get to reuse it and that all the logistical stuff will go a bit smoother for us

Not yet... also an alumnus so hoping that we do get to reuse it and that all the logistical stuff will go a bit smoother for us
I am an alumnus too and I am reusing my undergrad UIN and email. I talked to admissions and yeah you'll reuse the same email and UIN. Try logging into MyUIC with your old undergrad info (assuming you didn't let your password expire). Otherwise, I think you have to reach out to admissions to see how you can reactivate your old info

I am an alumnus too and I am reusing my undergrad UIN and email. I talked to admissions and yeah you'll reuse the same email and UIN. Try logging into MyUIC with your old undergrad info (assuming you didn't let your password expire). Otherwise, I think you have to reach out to admissions to see how you can reactivate your old info
Awesome, I logged in and see the incoming student tab. Thanks for the heads up!