2022-2023 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how many showcase invitations had been sent so far for the second batch. Completed 9/3 but didn't get one.

Reactions: 1 user
To people who have received showcase invites, did your portal change or update at that point? Thanks.

To people who have received showcase invites, did your portal change or update at that point? Thanks.
nope! they'll send you a link for the showcase to a different 'portal' for you to go look at

Got a showcase invite today. OOS. Completed app 10/11 :)

To clarify what's the difference b/w both the sessions -- ik someone asked earlier, but both are just Q&A?

Also, any As yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Got a showcase invite today. OOS. Completed app 10/11 :)

To clarify what's the difference b/w both the sessions -- ik someone asked earlier, but both are just Q&A?

Also, any As yet?

Basically just Q&A sessions, yeah.

No As yet from what’s posted on SDN.

Anyone know when Rs started to go out last year?

I was invited to the showcase two cycles ago but have yet to hear anything from them. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited to the showcase two cycles ago but have yet to hear anything from them. Is anyone else in a similar situation?
I'm assuming you mean two months ago? Have you signed up for a showcase date yet? They made it a little difficult to find but there is a link where you sign up for a date.

I'm assuming you mean two months ago? Have you signed up for a showcase date yet? They made it a little difficult to find but there is a link where you sign up for a date.
Hahaha unfortunately I didn't mean to say months - I was invited two cycles ago but haven't heard anything from them in this current cycle

Hahaha unfortunately I didn't mean to say months - I was invited two cycles ago but haven't heard anything from them in this current cycle
Wait so you're saying you were invited 2 years ago, went to the showcase, and haven't heard anything since then? If you haven't reapplied since then it sounds like you were just rejected.

Wait so you're saying you were invited 2 years ago, went to the showcase, and haven't heard anything since then? If you haven't reapplied since then it sounds like you were just rejected.
If I had been waiting for two years I probably could've pieced that together. Yes I did reapply lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
They should be reviewing pre-showcase applications until the end of December, so there is still a chance of receiving an invite if you submitted late. If not, hopefully you were able to attend a rejected applicant application review two cycles ago, and can expand on your areas of weakness if you do choose to reapply. Best of luck!

Does anyone know post showcase acceptance rate?
No one really knows. I think some people tried to estimate it earlier in this thread based off admissions claiming that invite 10% of applicants to showcase and then the class size.

Does anyone know post showcase acceptance rate?
Staff said during Showcase that they won't release this info.

Also, decisions will only start to go out sometime after Jan 17 because that's when adcom meets next.

Showcase invite received! Submitted secondary 9/7. So stoked.

SHOWCASE AHHHHH complete 08/03

+1 Showcase invite. Was complete 7/31 and starting to lose some hope of getting one

Reactions: 2 users
+1 showcase inv. Complete 9/3! Is the link to sign up in the first email or will they send a scheduling email later?

+1 showcase inv. Complete 9/3! Is the link to sign up in the first email or will they send a scheduling email later?
The link with the text "register for a staff member session and a student group session" took me to the scheduling page.

+1 showcase invite! Complete mid-august, OOS engineering undergrad.

+1 Showcase invite today! First interview of the cycle, so grateful and excited! Engineering undergrad OOS, complete 8/7

Does how early you attend the showcase matter? The spots filled up pretty quick and February was the only option for me.

Does how early you attend the showcase matter? The spots filled up pretty quick and February was the only option for me.
They seem to say the showcase is purely informational (so no evaluation) and some people on last year's thread were actually accepted before their showcase dates, so don't think so

Anyone know what the dress code is for the showcase?

I’ve only attended the student session so far, some people wore suits but i felt like it was unnecessary. just look presentable lol

anyone know if they'll send more showcase invites in January? Starting to lose hope

anyone know if they'll send more showcase invites in January? Starting to lose hope
During my staff showcase at the end of November, we were told that they had ~100 applications left to review, and were on track to completing them by the end of December. Though it's hard for anyone to know what their decisions will be until you get an update from them - best of luck!

They don't accept any updates, from what I understand. Didn't even want thank you letters after the student session.
I thought a letter of intent was a “if you accept me I’ll go here” letter, not an update?

Admissions meeting next week to discuss A's :eek:

• Wow
Admissions meeting next week to discuss A's :eek:

Based on someone mentioning they didn’t have much applications left to review and this, I wonder if it’s over for those of us without a showcase invite :(

Ahhhhh what else have you heard?
Just that. More specifically, that they are meeting for the first time this year Jan 17. According to showcase website, initial review of apps finished before the holiday break, first acceptances will go out in Feb through March, and we should all have an answer by mid-March.

I feel like I remember during my faculty showcase that they said they were going to meet for the first time about acceptances on Jan 17 and that they should be letting out the first batch of A's out on Jan 18. The faculty member mentioned that they would send out a smaller batch to those at the top of their ranking/those who are unlikely to fall below a future cutoff for acceptance. Does anyone else remember this or heard this during the faculty showcase?

I feel like I remember during my faculty showcase that they said they were going to meet for the first time about acceptances on Jan 17 and that they should be letting out the first batch of A's out on Jan 18. The faculty member mentioned that they would send out a smaller batch to those at the top of their ranking/those who are unlikely to fall below a future cutoff for acceptance. Does anyone else remember this or heard this during the faculty showcase?
Jan 18th is new to me but that sounds reasonable (first A's reported here Jan 19 last year)