2021-2022 Ponce-STL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing. Called the PR campus and spoke to someone at admissions who reassured me that if I interviewed and haven’t heard back, then a decision hasn’t been made yet. She also said they’re still conducting interviews apparently.

But at this point, I take every new piece of information with a grain of salt Just gotta be patient and hope for the best!

the PR campus was the one that told me the class is full. I think they might be conducting interviews for main campus but I know STL interviews are done.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! Happy Monday!
This is it guys, this is the week we’ll probably receive the final decision. Hoping this weeks goes well for everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! Happy Monday!
This is it guys, this is the week we’ll probably receive the final decision. Hoping this weeks goes well for everyone!
tomorrows the day y’all (unless it’s not lol still have june 15th ptsd lol). hopefully it’ll bring some closure and clarity for those of us with other places to go, and for those who’ll have to re-app, just remember 60% of applicants have to do it at least once… and they still make incredible doctors. my re-app gap year this year ended up being one of the most fun, relaxing, and money making (lol) years of my life, and in retrospect, as hard as it was to get all R’s last cycle, i wouldn’t dream of changing a thing! whatever the result, don’t give up!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here comes the nervous breakdown hahaha…our patience has been tested very well this cycle.

Here comes the nervous breakdown hahaha…our patience has been tested very well this cycle.
i have a sinking feeling this is gonna be another june 15th lolololol hope i’m wrong

Hey guys, did anyone reach out to Dean Kumar because they didn’t hear back yesterday? Any updates?

Following up on this from two weeks ago. Any updates from Dean Kumar?

nah chief i emailed STL admissions 3x PR admis 1x and Dean Kumar once in last two weeks and no answer at all

Reactions: 1 user

I haven’t heard back. I’ve emailed her twice and left some voicemails. Whenever I call the STL admissions office, I’m told to just email her lol

We’ll, it’s really a waiting game for now. I just hope for the best.

The end of the day has come and I didn’t hear anything from them. Anyone have any updates? I tried calling but my call wasn’t picked up. I don’t want to come off as impatient or be pushy, but I really wanna know what the status is at this point.

The end of the day has come and I didn’t hear anything from them. Anyone have any updates? I tried calling but my call wasn’t picked up. I don’t want to come off as impatient or be pushy, but I really wanna know what the status is at this point.
nothing here. as i said last time, while i understand it’s a fluid situation, to give a hard and fast date now *twice,* and then fail to send a “hey sorry we were wrong were still working on things” email when that date is ignored is pretty wild. i’m curious if accepted students are facing the same lack of communication? makes me super nervous for them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it’s very unfortunate. I just want to get this done with but with a positive outcome haha

At this point I’m gonna go thru my backup plans. I plan on doing one of those one year masters program w guaranteed interviews so I’ve restarted ACMAS. What the rest of y’all doing?

guys it’s july 5th and we still haven’t heard 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
guys it’s july 5th and we still haven’t heard

I think their orientation is July 21st. In that case I have a strong feeling this week will be the week they make their decisions! I feel like they have to give their students their decision 2 weeks before their orientation. Which is the minimum time someone needs to prepare to move/attend to Ponce St Louis.

It’s the end of the week and no decisions out :(
I really thought this week was going to be it.

• Sad
It’s the end of the week and no decisions out :(
I really thought this week was going to be it.
fully fully confident at this point it’s gonna be after the first day of classes. :/

• Haha
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! So excited & hoping for the best for y’all as last minute spots open up.

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! So excited & hoping for the best for y’all as last minute spots open up.
Congrats! Seems you've been waiting a while so I'm sure it's relieving to finally hear something :) Will you be accepting the spot?

Omg congrats!! That’s great! Hoping the best for you all that are starting this August! I’m hoping we hear back some good news too!! Celebrate as your approach start date, it’s definitely been a tough journey for us all!

Did anyone else hear anything from the admissions team?

• Dislike
Has anyone heard anything?? Isn’t orientation supposed to be next week ?

I believe the class is finalized now. The last few people who got accepted should have been called by the weekend and confirm if they’ll be attending the orientation.
For everyone else, good luck on what you’ll be doing! Continue to pursue your goals and dreams and don’t lose any of the passion you have for medicine.

hey guys, i'm a current applicant for this year. applying to st louis. how does secondary apps work? I never got anything after submitting amcas and today I got an email saying to submit secondary on portal. Secondary asks if I am a visiting or international student and then its just basic biographical info. I'm not sure if that's the correct secondary??

hey guys, i'm a current applicant for this year. applying to st louis. how does secondary apps work? I never got anything after submitting amcas and today I got an email saying to submit secondary on portal. Secondary asks if I am a visiting or international student and then its just basic biographical info. I'm not sure if that's the correct secondary??
I am also applying - have you heard anything new?

I believe the class is finalized now. The last few people who got accepted should have been called by the weekend and confirm if they’ll be attending the orientation.
For everyone else, good luck on what you’ll be doing! Continue to pursue your goals and dreams and don’t lose any of the passion you have for medicine.
Did you re apply to this cycle

a current applicant revived this thread, and it literally made be cackle thinking back to the mental anguish this school put us through last application cycle... felt like we were a band of brothers after that :rofl: anyways hope you ended up exactly where you were meant to be, I know I did and wouldn't change a thing!

• Haha
a current applicant revived this thread, and it literally made be cackle thinking back to the mental anguish this school put us through last application cycle... felt like we were a band of brothers after that :rofl: anyways hope you ended up exactly where you were meant to be, I know I did and wouldn't change a thing!
Thank you!. If you don’t mind me asking, what school are you attending?