2021-2022 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Radio silence since 7/27. Safe to assume rejection?
Same here.... does anyone know when Creighton stops sending II? :(

Members don't see this ad.

Alternate list right now. Any thoughts on getting off of the list? Not the best news. Third time being on the alternate list (multiple schools) is not a good feeling.🥺

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II! Complete early August, LM 67

Edit: Had a follow-up question that I thought of - Do later interviews have a lower likelihood of being accepted to the campus they elected for initially? I'd probably only consider the Phoenix campus which I indicated but was wondering if anyone could provide some input or knows if the Phoenix campus has been filled by now? Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is there an accepted students fb group?

I haven’t received any info.

has anyone else who interviewed the week of Jan 17-21 heard about decisions?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, congrats!! <3
Was this the campus you selected in your secondary? Just trying to get a sense of if the Phoenix campus has been filled :)
In my recent interview they said the phoenix campus was filled. But as people drop their As, those accepted to Omaha who put Phoenix as their preference will be moved over.

Reactions: 1 user
In my recent interview they said the phoenix campus was filled. But as people drop their As those put on the waitlist for phoenix will be moved there.
Ah! Thanks for sharing that info!

II this morning. Dates for the beginning of March.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all, waitlisted applicant here. Has anyone (applicant or admitted) gotten grief about Creighton because it's unranked? I was recently told that a med school being unranked is a red flag when it comes to being considered for residency placements. And also a red flag that the data Creighton reported to Petersons (never heard of it, don't know anything about it) hasn't been updated in the last several years. On the other hand, I've also been told that these things basically mean nothing other than the school just didn't provide their data. Who to believe? I don't really need anything else to make me feel bad about this process lol

Hi all, waitlisted applicant here. Has anyone (applicant or admitted) gotten grief about Creighton because it's unranked? I was recently told that a med school being unranked is a red flag when it comes to being considered for residency placements. And also a red flag that the data Creighton reported to Petersons (never heard of it, don't know anything about it) hasn't been updated in the last several years. On the other hand, I've also been told that these things basically mean nothing other than the school just didn't provide their data. Who to believe? I don't really need anything else to make me feel bad about this process lol
There's a post on Reddit that shows schools ranked according to US New and PD rankings. From that list (updated March 2021), Creighton is somewhere around 73, tied with schools like SLU. A lot of school do not provide data (RFU, MCW, and Loyola come to mind) but are still very solid/great schools (Loyola and MCW for instance). Creighton doesn't have many home residencies and is not a research powerhouse, but their match lists and match rates have looked nice enough imo

There's a post on Reddit that shows schools ranked according to US New and PD rankings. From that list (updated March 2021), Creighton is somewhere around 73, tied with schools like SLU. A lot of school do not provide data (RFU, MCW, and Loyola come to mind) but are still very solid/great schools (Loyola and MCW for instance). Creighton doesn't have many home residencies and is not a research powerhouse, but their match lists and match rates have looked nice enough imo
That makes me feel better. Thank you!

You’re basically right, a school can opt out of US News rankings, and that’s not necessary a red flag. It’s true that Creighton doesn’t receive a lot of money when it comes to research, so if it would be ranked I guess it would fall somewhere between 50-60. Nevertheless, what matters more is how it’s perceived by residency directors/programs, and Creighton has a fantastic reputation among those.

You’re basically right, a school can opt out of US News rankings, and that’s not necessary a red flag. It’s true that Creighton doesn’t receive a lot of money when it comes to research, so if it would be ranked I guess it would fall somewhere between 50-60. Nevertheless, what matters more is how it’s perceived by residency directors/programs, and Creighton has a fantastic reputation among those.
Thank you so much!

Is the interview here closed or open file?

I randomly just checked my portal and I was accepted!! II on 2/8. My first A!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Has anyone heard back about the Arrupe Global Scholars program? I applied last fall and interviewed a while back but have yet to hear anything.

Withdrawing my A from the Phoenix campus today. Hope it goes to someone waiting to go there! (And I’m jealous of y’all who are gonna be there because it’s my favorite area of the country)

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone remember when they said the next admissions decisions would be going out? Was it the 7th or 14th?

Anyone remember when they said the next admissions decisions would be going out? Was it the 7th or 14th?
During my session on Feb 18, they said anytime between early and mid-March. They didn’t give us an exact date, not sure if anyone else heard otherwise.

Does Creighton really require us to get BLS certified before we start? It's not a huge deal, just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about that requirement.

Where do I find the list of days for second look? I didn't see anything about those days on my portal or subsequent emails. (I've been admitted to Omaha campus)

Anybody know anything about areas of Omaha or apartment complexes that are convenient for 1st and 2nd year students to live in? I want to start thinking about living arrangements but haven't been able to find much on Creighton's website

Anybody know anything about areas of Omaha or apartment complexes that are convenient for 1st and 2nd year students to live in? I want to start thinking about living arrangements but haven't been able to find much on Creighton's website
Everyone recommends the Atlas, which is a complex that is right on campus and used to be a hospital. There's a pedestrian bridge that connects the building directly to campus. Other than that I'd suggest general appartment hunting sites. Omaha is a small/mid-sized city so you can commute through it very easily (30 minutes to get from one end to another according to an adcom). Some students even live across the border in Iowa for it's low cost of living. And traffic is very light so there are plenty of good options.

Where do I find the list of days for second look? I didn't see anything about those days on my portal or subsequent emails. (I've been admitted to Omaha campus)
The days have historically just popped up on my portal immediately upon log-in. They only popped up, however, when it was a few weeks before the event. The official Second Look day is April 2nd I believe (but I could be just ballparking that date). I don't think they are having anymore admitted student days before Second look.

Everyone recommends the Atlas, which is a complex that is right on campus and used to be a hospital. There's a pedestrian bridge that connects the building directly to campus. Other than that I'd suggest general appartment hunting sites. Omaha is a small/mid-sized city so you can commute through it very easily (30 minutes to get from one end to another according to an adcom). Some students even live across the border in Iowa for it's low cost of living. And traffic is very light so there are plenty of good options.
Thank you!!

The Atlas, the wire, the bank, and highline are usually the main ones.

That was a wildly rude Rejection letter... "if not, read on" lmaooo savages.

Reactions: 6 users