2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Time to start aggressively refreshing my email for updates...

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Do they send them one by one?
I have no idea, but my assumption is that they send it out in batches which would make the most sense. I was just saying that more as of a joke in order to fuel my own neuroticism haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
got an email saying that interviewees the last week of October haven’t been reviewed yet as they’d planned. they plan to notify us about being accepted/deferred by Friday. Seems like they’re a bit behind schedule. Wasn’t expecting this, kinda scary ahhhhh. congrats to all accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
got an email saying that interviewees the last week of October haven’t been reviewed yet as they’d planned. they plan to notify us about being accepted/deferred by Friday. Seems like they’re a bit behind schedule. Wasn’t expecting this, kinda scary ahhhhh. congrats to all accepted!
+1

So sounds like they aren't gonna do any rejections and just defer everyone who isn't accepted?

So sounds like they aren't gonna do any rejections and just defer everyone who isn't accepted?
i think you can still be rejected based on what they told me at interview day, but the email technically didn't mention it, so idk? maybe they were just trying to be nice to us in the email haha

Just got deferred, interviewed late August

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A, holyyy. Interviewed second to last week of October!

Reactions: 1 user
just got the A as well over email!!! feels like a dream😭😭 mid-september interview

just got the A!!!! interviewed late september

Just got accepted!!! Congrats everyone!

Just got accepted as well! Congrats to all! Interviewed 9/22

Late September A as well! Congrats everyone! Good luck if you’re still hanging on. On my interview day they said only a few As would be given in November and most get deferred. Deferral does not necessarily mean an R. Hang in there!

• Care
Congratulations to everyone accepted! To those that got the As, how did you feel about your interviews? Did they feel great great or just pretty normal

Congrats everyone, I just want to offset the reporting bias a bit- I got deferred so if you did too don't feel bad. We got this

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted ~1:50 PM central. Interviewed late October, LM 82, WARS 101, ORM

Last edited:
Accepted, interviewed first half of october! Felt great about all of my interviews

Congrats everyone, I just want to offset the reporting bias a bit- I got deferred so if you did too don't feel bad. We got this
Same -- deferred & interviewed late Sept -- any1 here know off the top of their head if this is a soft R? Grats to all else

Same -- deferred & interviewed late Sept -- any1 here know off the top of their head if this is a soft R? Grats to all else
Definitely not a soft R--they said they'd only release a few acceptances in November.

Any other Sept. interviews still have no decision at all?

• Love
I did not get any decision at all today. Interviewed early/mid Sept. Anyone else?

Deferred :( did anyone else feel like they had quite an intense interview that was not that conversational?

• Care
Deferred :( did anyone else feel like they had quite an intense interview that was not that conversational?
What time did you get your decision? Wondering if they are still sending anymore out today or if I'll have to wait for another date

How I feel seeing all the acceptances but I don’t even have an II

But seriously, congrats to those that got an A!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations to everyone accepted! To those that got the As, how did you feel about your interviews? Did they feel great great or just pretty normal
Very relaxed and very conversational. Was like laughing and cracking jokes with all my interviewers by the end. I feel like for Feinberg they were more focused on who I was as a person than like what I did. In terms of feeling, I felt pretty great afterwards (probably because it was so relaxed tbh).

I haven't heard back yet but I felt the same way.... :( honestly, this was one of the least conversational interview experiences I had....

• Care
I haven't heard back yet but I felt the same way.... :( honestly, this was one of the least conversational interview experiences I had....
Annnd deferred. I know it’s not the end yet but I’m pretty heartbroken ngl

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Deferred decision until March, interviewed end of October

• Care
A!!!! Interviewed last week of October! Forever grateful as this is DEFINITELY one of my top choices!

• Love
got the A :) congrats everyone and keeping my fingers crossed for everyone deferred.

• Love
Sent an update letter earlier this week and received an II today! Complete in July, scheduling out for next week and the week after!

Just got an II!!! OOS, sent an update letter about 3 weeks ago. Complete early July

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Takeaway from this thread for 2022 applicants: northwestern loves pre-II updates

Reactions: 7 users