2021-2022 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so are they done giving out acceptances now? do they usually give them all out in one day? within hours?

so are they done giving out acceptances now? do they usually give them all out in one day? within hours?
I have a feeling they’re done 😢. Last year at least they did acceptances on the Friday and R/WL on the Monday. RIP

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call! 17:12 (5:12) EST. Better late than never lol. Both my first and last name are at the end of the alphabet

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Iiiiiinteresting
I already went through all 5 stages of grief and came to terms with the decision, back to denial and waiting for my phone to ring we go

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
I already went through all 5 stages of grief and came to terms with the decision, back to denial and waiting for my phone to ring we go
I think historically they have continued calls until like 7. Think about it, it is a lot of people to call.

Reactions: 1 user
My bad 😭 I was hoping this would be good news for those still waiting! I too was not expecting such a late call so 🤞🏾

My bad 😭 I was hoping this would be good news for those still waiting! I too was not expecting such a late call so 🤞🏾
dont apologize, this last bit of hope is just what I needed 🥲🥲🥲🥲

Thank you so much for posting! Genuinely am happy for you, you worked hard for this! I also hope other people continue to post if they get recent calls too. just trying to make light out of the situation haha

Reactions: 3 users
was that your first call from a duke number? or had they called you earlier and called you back?

I think historically they have continued calls until like 7. Think about it, it is a lot of people to call.
Also even if I don’t get an acceptance, I am so proud of everyone who did. We all know the difficulties of this cycle, go out and celebrate!!! You earned it ❤️

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up, I received the email now. Also, I hope they are still calling because they accept like 200-300 people I think, so that's a lot of people in one day...

Do they notify those whose been rejected as well

Sadge GIF - Sadge GIFs

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Called around 2:15 EST. Still in shock.....honestly after that MMI I thought I was done for. Email was in my box around 5:00 p.m.

• Love
The post-II acceptance rate is listed as 41.2%. Does anyone know if this percentage includes acceptances off the waitlist, or is it just the original acceptances that were made today?

The post-II acceptance rate is listed as 41.2%. Does anyone know if this percentage includes acceptances off the waitlist, or is it just the original acceptances that were made today?
It includes both. That's why its delayed by a year, so it can include a full year's worth of data. Some rudimentary math between USNWR and MSAR data says 258 people were accepted today, 100-125 people will be waitlisted on Monday (or Tuesday given the holiday) of which 20 will eventually be accepted, and 291-316 people will be rejected on Mon/Tues.

Reactions: 6 users
Are the clinical clerkships P/F? On MSAR it says Honors-Pass-Fail

Does anyone know if they finished all calls yesterday? I know in previous years they’ve had them spill over to Monday, but I have no idea

Does anyone know if they finished all calls yesterday? I know in previous years they’ve had them spill over to Monday, but I have no idea
I’m not sure… maybe we need one more starfish from Nemo on Monday/Tuesday 🥲🥲

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone please explain these tool options/going through narrowing list of acceptances, because now I’m confused. We can only hold (3) acceptances by April 15th and can only select ONE plan to enroll by April 30th? Then AAMC opens the “commit to enroll” option on May 2nd, but the deadline to pick your final option is school dependent. Does that sound right? Because I thought we could hold 3 “plan to enrolls” all the way up to the commit deadline

Can someone please explain these tool options/going through narrowing list of acceptances, because now I’m confused. We can only hold (3) acceptances by April 15th and can only select ONE plan to enroll by April 30th? Then AAMC opens the “commit to enroll” option on May 2nd, but the deadline to pick your final option is school dependent. Does that sound right? Because I thought we could hold 3 “plan to enrolls” all the way up to the commit deadline
You can hold only 3 acceptances after April 15 and then you have to select plan to enroll at 1 school on April 30th, withdraw your other acceptances, but you can stay on as many waitlists as you want. Then schools have a Commit to enroll date (varies by school) where you have to withdraw from all waitlists and officially commit to the school

You can hold only 3 acceptances after April 15 and then you have to select plan to enroll at 1 school on April 30th, withdraw your other acceptances, but you can stay on as many waitlists as you want. Then schools have a Commit to enroll date (varies by school) where you have to withdraw from all waitlists and officially commit to the school
Okay. See I was about to get myself in trouble 😭 I’ll just slowly start withdrawing my seats as we approach April 15th then. Thank you!!

It includes both. That's why its delayed by a year, so it can include a full year's worth of data. Some rudimentary math between USNWR and MSAR data says 258 people were accepted today, 100-125 people will be waitlisted on Monday (or Tuesday given the holiday) of which 20 will eventually be accepted, and 291-316 people will be rejected on Mon/Tues.
Thank you so much!

Okay. See I was about to get myself in trouble 😭 I’ll just slowly start withdrawing my seats as we approach April 15th then. Thank you!!
Not to worry, you wouldn't have gotten in any trouble! When you go into the tool, next week or whenever, you'll see all of the schools where you hold an acceptance. You'll also see you can only select one PTE at a time. You can change it as often as you like, but only one at a time. After all, when you think about it, you can only "plan to enroll" at one school at a time! Sure, your "plans" can change, but how can you "plan to enroll" at more than one school? :)

Omg is this for real? Someone pls confirm bc I don’t wanna get my hopes up 😭😭😭 also congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Omg is this for real? Someone pls confirm bc I don’t wanna get my hopes up 😭😭😭 also congrats to everyone who was accepted!
This post from last year has some data that someone gathered. Its possible, but I'd say chances are low for any individual to get a call or email Monday.

Edit to add: it doesn't look like any new A's were reported on Monday last year.

• Care
This post from last year has some data that someone gathered. Its possible, but I'd say chances are low for any individual to get a call or email Monday.

Edit to add: it doesn't look like any new A's were reported on Monday last year.
I guess we’ll know either way on Monday. Fingers crossed but I won’t get my hopes up. Thank you for the info!! I appreciate it

I guess we’ll know either way on Monday. Fingers crossed but I won’t get my hopes up. Thank you for the info!! I appreciate it
Monday's a holiday, so if you're waiting for Monday, you might end up waiting for Tuesday. Unless the WL and R e-mail wave comes before then, in which case you'll also have your answer.

• Care
Anyone know if there is an accepted students fb group?

Just to confirm, there’s no acceptance fee for us to pay? Just the enrollment deposit if we decide To commit by May 2nd?

Just to confirm, there’s no acceptance fee for us to pay? Just the enrollment deposit if we decide To commit by May 2nd?
I just emailed Admissions about this/anything else we might need to do to "hold our spot," so I can let you know what they say!

Waitlisted :/. OOS but Duke alumn and longtime NC resident, so this is definitely disappointing. Congrats to everyone who got in!

• Care
Waitlisted as well, interviewed back in November. No portal update, just an email with the attached letter

Waitlisted as well :/ It's a pity, I do love the environment in Durham. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!