2021-2022 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This has to be one of the funniest and weirdly written rejection emails I’ve ever received

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed last year and got the pre-II R after doing everything *and then some* that they asked me to do in their 1-on-1 session, lolol

Reactions: 4 users
This has to be one of the funniest and weirdly written rejection emails I’ve ever received
"If you plan to matriculate at another school, congrats! If not, read on.." :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I think they were trying to be helpful but the wording was still so weird

Reactions: 1 user
I received merit aid before filling out the FAFSA.
What kind of merit based aid? Did not think much was available and most accepted are the best if the best so how would they distinguish?

Alternate list right now. Any thoughts on getting off of the list? Not the best news. Third time being on the alternate list (multiple schools) is not a good feeling.🥺
Stay engaged updates let them know if accepted you will attend. Acceptance to matriculation rate is a key metric.

Anybody know anything about areas of Omaha or apartment complexes that are convenient for 1st and 2nd year students to live in? I want to start thinking about living arrangements but haven't been able to find much on Creighton's website
Nothing beats the atlas for location, convenience and amenities. It is pricey so if on a budget get a two bedroom instead of a one bedroom to save $6k a year. In a month they will open up a Facebook page where you can look for a suitable roommate. Last look early summer you could even meet them out there. Try to avoid court yard level as people outside windows is just creepy. Atlas right across street from cardiac center where you will have class. You will not need a car, but if you have one there is cheap out door parking.

What kind of merit based aid? Did not think much was available and most accepted are the best if the best so how would they distinguish?
It was the Medical Dean's scholarship.

It was the Medical Dean's scholarship.
Congrats on this tremendous award and accomplishment! While all those interviewed support the Jesuit Catholics' mission of serving others. In particular those least able to help themselves and most in need. Your proven, demonstrated commitment to this population must have been truly exceptional to get an endowed scholarship. When you are a physician those you serve will be most fortunate indeed.

If my "thank you for interviewing" message is still present, is it likely I won't hear a decision this Monday? (I interviewed end of February)

Members don't see this ad :)
If my “thank you for interviewing” status disappeared would it even be worthwhile submitting an update until I know of my status (A/WL/R) since my file is probably already reviewed?

If my “thank you for interviewing” status disappeared would it even be worthwhile submitting an update until I know of my status (A/WL/R) since my file is probably already reviewed?
Decision has probably been made. Updates and LOIs are probably better for afterward.

Does anyone know anything about Creighton's deferral policy, if an accepted student for some reason needs to defer their acceptance for a year? Thanks for the help!

Got the WL email this morning. I don't see anything in the portal on how to accept my alternate status however.

Has anyone heard back anything other than WLs? Still silence for me even though my interview thank you message disappeared on Friday. Any As been sent out/anyone receive one today?

Just got the A email and portal update! Interviewed early Feb

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any info about April Second Look Day? Schedule, dress code, bringing parent/SO, etc.? Anyone who attended an earlier Second Look Day want to share their experience?

Anyone have any info about April Second Look Day? Schedule, dress code, bringing parent/SO, etc.? Anyone who attended an earlier Second Look Day want to share their experience?
The Admitted Student Day started with a few addresses by the dean, student support, fin aid, Q&A, etc. Then a campus tour (wear comfy shoes) and the day culminated in a social hour (free booze!). SOs/parents were welcome. Some people brought both parents and that seemed acceptable.
It was overall fun

Reactions: 2 users
I just formally withdrew my spot from the alternate list, as I have other options! I hope this helps with some movement for all of you deserving applicants. Best of luck everyone! (I received the alternate position today, II 3/2.)

The Admitted Student Day started with a few addresses by the dean, student support, fin aid, Q&A, etc. Then a campus tour (wear comfy shoes) and the day culminated in a social hour (free booze!). SOs/parents were welcome. Some people brought both parents and that seemed acceptable.
It was overall fun
Did you feel like it was helpful or changed your opinion of the school in any way? I’m not sure if I should try to go (will take a lot for me to swing it at work)

Did you feel like it was helpful or changed your opinion of the school in any way? I’m not sure if I should try to go (will take a lot for me to swing it at work)
Oddly enough, it honestly just reaffirmed my initial thoughts on the school. The things I really loved about Creighton were highlighted (service, really caring administrators, happy students, etc) but so were the things I didn't like (religious aspects not suiting me as an atheist, lack of robust research, minimal diversity, etc). The visit to Omaha really helped alleviate my fears that the city was too small and rural (coming from a really big city) and Omaha was surprisingly very nice.

Did anyone receive the financial offer? I got accepted very early and submitted my FAFSA, but haven't heard anything about my financial package.....Also, anyone experienced issues login into their NEST system? It changed to a Microsoft page for some reason and my user name is no longer valid.....

Did anyone receive the financial offer? I got accepted very early and submitted my FAFSA, but haven't heard anything about my financial package.....Also, anyone experienced issues login into their NEST system? It changed to a Microsoft page for some reason and my user name is no longer valid.....
I emailed financial aid about having not heard anything and they said they were still in the process of finalizing their CoA for the year. They said financial aid would be sent shortly after finalizing the CoA

Email or call the admissions office. I had problems creating an account after being admitted and they said they had just switched to a new system. They referred me to the IT line and they were super helpful and quick to fix the issue.

Has anyone received invites for the April Second Look Day on Phoenix Campus?

Has anyone received financial aid information yet? They mentioned at the Phoenix second look day in February to expect something by mid-march but I have not yet received anything

Has anyone received financial aid information yet? They mentioned at the Phoenix second look day in February to expect something by mid-march but I have not yet received anything
Nope, I am accepted the first day but still heard nothing

Nope, I am accepted the first day but still heard nothing
The vast majority of financial aid is in the form of student loans. Very, very little institutional aid money is offered to a couple students. Your loan package will be about $90k a year. At orientation the military comes and speaks about how they will pay costs if you serve as an official as a doctor for a period of time, there were about 3 students that signed.

Also wondering about this -- has anyone received an update on this yet?
I just emailed and here's the email reply from admissions office:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to change the date for the Admitted Student Day in Phoenix. We are still finalizing a date"

Just got an email about the Phoenix admitted students day! Its on April 23. They did not give us any specific schedule for the day however.

Has anyone else uploaded an update letter/letter of intent? It says that it should show a "last updated date in green" next to the section where you uploaded it after 10 minutes, but I submitted one yesterday and it still doesn't show anything listed.

Has anyone else uploaded an update letter/letter of intent? It says that it should show a "last updated date in green" next to the section where you uploaded it after 10 minutes, but I submitted one yesterday and it still doesn't show anything listed.
Did you submit it as a pdf?

Are they going to be sending out Rs during the next round of WL movement for those on the WL? Or are they just going to keep us on their until the end of the cycle of you aren’t accepted? Anyone know?

Anyone know if this school is still sending out anymore scholarship packages or only financial aid offers at this point?