2019-2020 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted as well, on the portal.

Reactions: 1 users
This is the same portal where we submitted the secondary right?

Did anyone get a Rejection? It sounds like some got an acceptance, while the rest got waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay so everyone receives an email when their portal is updated?

I never got an email, but my portal did have a waitlist update as of today.

I checked the portal by clicking on the link in my secondary invite email.

I never got an email, but my portal did have a waitlist update as of today.

I checked the portal by clicking on the link in my secondary invite email.
Yeah I checked my portal too but it doesn't say anything

Congratulations to all those who got accepted. Just got notification of being waitlisted.

Has anyone not received an email at all who went to one of the showcases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did say at the Showcase that there would be silence to other applicants until movement happens.

Yeah I was just surprised by the waitlists that have already been sent out

Reactions: 1 user
got waitlisted, but at the showcase they basically said all of us were gonna be waitlisted except for a few acceptances for the first notification so it wasn't anything unexpected at least. congrats to those who got accepted!!!

got waitlisted, but at the showcase they basically said all of us were gonna be waitlisted except for a few acceptances for the first notification so it wasn't anything unexpected at least. congrats to those who got accepted!!!
Did they say anything about how many people would be on the waitlist?

At my showcase, they mentioned that everyone who is not accepted in the January cycle would be put on the waitlist, and they would make further decisions over the course of the next couple months. (in terms of numbers, I would assume that means right now there are 200-300 on the waitlist since there were ~80 applicants at each of the 3 showcases)

Essentially everyone but the first 40 to get acceptances. Also, minus the few rejections post-showcase.

Got the email to check my portal and was waitlisted. Attended the January showcase. Not a real surprise for reasons others have mentioned.

I was accepted today! very excited! kind of interesting though because i wasn't able to attend a showcase, not for lack of trying. I had flown to Chicago and was going to drive down then had an urgent appendectomy the Sunday night before the showcase on Monday. But I guess it is technically possible to get in without attending a showcase, go figure!

Reactions: 6 users
I was accepted today! very excited! kind of interesting though because i wasn't able to attend a showcase, not for lack of trying. I had flown to Chicago and was going to drive down then had an urgent appendectomy the Sunday night before the showcase on Monday. But I guess it is technically possible to get in without attending a showcase, go figure!

congratulations!! goes to show that attending is truly optional. Hope you are feeling better.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who got in this most recent wave! Carle sounds like a pretty interesting place to study medicine and I'm sure you guys will have fun. I've heard that Carle Illinois is still pretty new and small so they accepted cautiously to avoid over-enrolling. One of my friend got in off the waitlist pretty late last year so hang in there waitlist members!

Does anyone know what the average step 1 score is here?
During the showcase, they mentioned that mid-year M1's are scoring on par with late-term M2s from other schools on the practice STEP exams, which seems to be a good sign. Their first class will be taking STEP 1 this Spring, so we'll get more info about that pretty soon!

The curriculum at Carle is quite different than many other med schools, and just based off the group of students I attended the showcase with, I wouldn't be surprised if most of us have already started a little bit of content for the STEP... I know I have lol

Last edited:
So I got an email from U of I telling me to complete FAFSA to be considered for financial aid (this was a while back)... Is that just some random email I got or is it related to Carle? Any other accepted students get a similar email or have any updates on scholarships? They told us they would send more info by February which is coming up.

So I got an email from U of I telling me to complete FAFSA to be considered for financial aid (this was a while back)... Is that just some random email I got or is it related to Carle? Any other accepted students get a similar email or have any updates on scholarships? They told us they would send more info by February which is coming up.
I got an email from Carle in Dec. reminding me to fill out 2019 and 2020 FAFSA, and another recently to activate my ID. I was accepted.from Sep. showcase. Not sure if it's the same but hopefully helpful.

How worried/concerned are you about residency matching for Carlie Illinois with it being pretty new?

How worried/concerned are you about residency matching for Carlie Illinois with it being pretty new?
I'm not too concerned, and they seem very confident about it as well. I feel like residency match is more of a personal thing, based on your ability to score well on the steps & interview skills. Since the class size is small, I feel like Carle is positioned to help students do better than some other programs.

Yup I got this too. It's for Carle, and you are supposed to use the University of Illinois FAFSA code (001775) to apply for financial aid. As @hpbw mentioned, you need to fill out the FAFSA for 2019-2020 AND 2020-2021.

I was accepted from the January showcase - when you got the activation email, did you have any trouble accessing your NetID? I can't seem to access mine yet.

Nobody's taken it yet... The M2s will take it this year

During the September showcase, one of the presenters said they were strongly considering pushing step 1 out for an extra year (M3) - do you know if they confirmed step 1 timing?

During the September showcase, one of the presenters said they were strongly considering pushing step 1 out for an extra year (M3) - do you know if they confirmed step 1 timing?

Oh I don’t! Didn’t hear that, so I might be wrong

I went to this months showcase and got the W a lil less than a week ago, does anyone know when they meet up or when the alternative list starts moving?

I went to this months showcase and got the W a lil less than a week ago, does anyone know when they meet up or when the alternative list starts moving?

I think they said sometime in March

Yup I got this too. It's for Carle, and you are supposed to use the University of Illinois FAFSA code (001775) to apply for financial aid. As @hpbw mentioned, you need to fill out the FAFSA for 2019-2020 AND 2020-2021.

I was accepted from the January showcase - when you got the activation email, did you have any trouble accessing your NetID? I can't seem to access mine yet.
I had trouble with my NetID and called the help desk. They told me it take a day or so to allow you access once you've claimed it. I checked the next day and it worked!

I had trouble with my NetID and called the help desk. They told me it take a day or so to allow you access once you've claimed it. I checked the next day and it worked!
Yup - looks like it just took a day or two to work - just got my email too! Thanks!

Have any of those accepted been emailed to schedule a meeting with someone from student affairs?