2020-2021 Carle Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody from the January 25th showcase hear back yet outside of the "Salutations email? UICOM sent out stuff on Friday 2/19, so I was thinking Carle might be somewhat synced up to that generally speaking.
Nope, haven't heard anything else. Carle Illinois and UICOM aren't really affiliated with each other, so I don't think their admissions committees have similarities with releasing decisions.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody from the January 25th showcase hear back yet outside of the "Salutations email?
Someone reported an A already and considering how tiny the class is, I am personally assuming this means they’ve already sent all A’s and that the other folks just don’t use SDN so just waiting on a WL or R now :(

Reactions: 1 users
Someone reported an A already and considering how tiny the class is, I am personally assuming this means they’ve already sent all A’s and that the other folks just don’t use SDN so just waiting on a WL or R now :(
That person attended showcase 2 though so maybe (hopefully) they haven't made the decisions on showcase 3 yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, haven't heard anything else. Carle Illinois and UICOM aren't really affiliated with each other, so I don't think their admissions committees have similarities with releasing decisions.
Yeah I know they aren't affiliated, but I just happened to have the Jan 25 Showcase and UICOM interview on Jan 27. Figured the adcoms might be working on similar timelines. I don't remember when Carle said their committee meets.

This wednesday was for showcase 2+3 and upcoming wednesday is going to be a WL/R email from Carle mark my words

That person attended showcase 2 though so maybe (hopefully) they haven't made the decisions on showcase 3 yet?
I don't believe they've sent all acceptances yet, especially for showcase 3. Remember in the salutations email it said acceptances would be sent out until the beginning of March.

I don't believe they've sent all acceptances yet, especially for showcase 3. Remember in the salutations email it said acceptances would be sent out until the beginning of March.
Yeah, no way they have sent all A's yet. We will see a lot roll through in the next 2 weeks. Best of luck y'all!

Reactions: 3 users
Do y'all think tomorrow is the day?? Someone said they would release it before Feburary 25th... Never got the "salutations" email people were talking about so I'm unsure what to expect

• Wow
I was hoping today would be the day I would hear something back. I just want to know either way. Sigh. Maybe next week?
I feel :( I was in the 1st showcase and I am getting antsy as heck :/

Reactions: 2 users
I was hoping today would be the day I would hear something back. I just want to know either way. Sigh. Maybe next week?
I really thought today would be the day as well. Hopefully next wednesday!

Members don't see this ad :)
They said during the second showcase that everyone should expect to hear back before the end of Feb. I really hope that means tomorrow or Friday. The wait has been so long

Reactions: 1 user
I remember from the 2nd Showcase that the admissions officer mentioned we shouldn't expect any news until February, but I don't recall a specific date as to when we could start to hear back.

My notes from the 3rd Showcase were:

Finalist subcommittee meets in February (offers later in Feb)
So I was expecting something either last week or this week. Still 4 days to go in February I guess.

whoever said we would hear by Feb. 25th, ya mom's a hoe (mostly kidding)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
whoever said we would hear by Feb. 25th, ya mom's a hoe (mostly kidding)
I guess there are still 3 days left in February, but yeah this is definitely getting annoying.

Just wanted to give the heads up, I got an acceptance at 5:30 PM ish today! It's a Friday so I guess they don't just communicate on Wednesdays. For reference, I was completed 9/3 and was in showcase 2

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to give the heads up, I got an acceptance at 5:30 PM ish today! It's a Friday so I guess they don't just communicate on Wednesdays. For reference, I was completed 9/3 and was in showcase 2
Congrats!

This is also good info for anyone in showcase 3 and 4 that they are still working through showcase 2 people.

Accepted today around 5:30 as well. I was in the second showcase.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all! If we were in showcase 2 and haven’t heard back yet, its pretty much a WL or R, right?

• Care
Congrats to all! If we were in showcase 2 and haven’t heard back yet, its pretty much a WL or R, right?

I was in showcase 2 and this is what I’m worried about too. I think they probably picked the few acceptances from showcase 1 and 2 so far and now they’re working through showcase 3. After that I feel like everyone else will get a WL or R

• Care
I was in showcase 2 and this is what I’m worried about too. I think they probably picked the few acceptances from showcase 1 and 2 so far and now they’re working through showcase 3. After that I feel like everyone else will get a WL or R
That's what I'm thinking too--timeline makes sense. Sad day..

• Sad
Nope I was accepted on Friday and attended showcase 3.

I also distinctly remember being told during it that decisions would be out no later than 2/25. So my assumption is that everyone w the A has been alerted already (there’s only 48 spots in the class), and they’re just not on SDN.

• Sad
I was in showcase 1 and haven't heard anything :/ honestly just based on my stats I'm expecting an R, but I'm getting antsy... I hate not knowing and uncertainty.

This is my first and only choice for med schools lol and I still haven't heard back from the first showcase. Have tried to figure out exactly when we'll hear and I've been wrong so many times lol. I wish they communicated often with applicants if they had to take this long to review all apps.

Don't know whether to expect A/R/WL but just to give some hope to y'all (and me), don't count yourself out until you hear from them. Stay positive! :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
This is my first and only choice for med schools lol and I still haven't heard back from the first showcase. Have tried to figure out exactly when we'll hear and I've been wrong so many times lol. I wish they communicated often with applicants if they had to take this long to review all apps.

Don't know whether to expect A/R/WL but just to give some hope to y'all (and me), don't count yourself out until you hear from them. Stay positive! :)
Still hoping here too! I don't think they would only accept 48 students the first go anyway, unless that's just their style. Every school knows that not every student you accept will actually matriculate, so most accept more than the desired class size for yield protecting... hopefully there are a few more acceptances out there!

I'm told they're looking to put out about 70 A's (total, not 70 more than those already out), and that the final subcommittee meeting was at the end of last week, so *I think* this means they're considering all the showcases together, not finishing up one and saving some seats for the next. Hopefully knowing this will help make the wait less tense!

I'm told they're looking to put out about 70 A's (total, not 70 more than those already out), and that the final subcommittee meeting was at the end of last week, so *I think* this means they're considering all the showcases together, not finishing up one and saving some seats for the next. Hopefully knowing this will help make the wait less tense!
If the final subcommittee meeting was at the end of last week, doesn't that mean all acceptances have been sent out? (All 70 perhaps?)

If the final subcommittee meeting was at the end of last week, doesn't that mean all acceptances have been sent out? (All 70 perhaps?)
Exactly my thoughts. Again, chances of these 70 people being on SDN are slim.

Exactly my thoughts. Again, chances of these 70 people being on SDN are slim.
I wish we were wrong, but it seems unlikely.

But at the same time, if all acceptances were sent out, why wait to send WL/Rejections? Because if it was the last meeting, they should have made a "decision" for all applications.

I wish we were wrong, but it seems unlikely.

But at the same time, if all acceptances were sent out, why wait to send WL/Rejections? Because if it was the last meeting, they should have made a "decision" for all applications.
I mean, they most likely split them up that way to ease administrative tasks. It’s been my experience with every school I’ve heard back from this cycle that As go out first, followed by W/Rs some days later.

It hurt to watch people getting into *dream school* only to be W’d the day after, but it is what it is.

• Sad
I mean, they most likely split them up that way to ease administrative tasks. It’s been my experience with every school I’ve heard back from this cycle that As go out first, followed by W/Rs some days later.

It hurt to watch people getting into *dream school* only to be W’d the day after, but it is what it is.
While that experience certainly does suck, I have had alternative experiences this cycle as well. I.e. The school sends out all acceptances, waitlists, and rejections from the respective interview date at the same time.

Also, from a WL/R POV, I can't imagine it is more administratively heavy than moving email addresses/profiles from respective excel sheets?

While that experience certainly does suck, I have had alternative experiences this cycle as well. I.e. The school sends out all acceptances, waitlists, and rejections from the respective interview date at the same time.

Also, from a WL/R POV, I can't imagine it is more administratively heavy than moving email addresses/profiles from respective excel sheets?
Regardless of what’s easier for them or not, we know A’s were sent out Friday [and earlier this cycle], there are no reported W/Rs yet, and there are people still waiting to be informed of decisions.

All sings point to them sending out As first and W/Rs later. It seems reasonable to assume they’re most likely finalizing the waitlist.

Anyone receive an update? The salutations email mentioned some A’s going out in early March. Hoping that is still the case

Anyone receive an update? The salutations email mentioned some A’s going out in early March. Hoping that is still the case
!!!! I have not heard anything yet but that is so exciting! Did they send the salutations email for showcase 3 today?

!!!! I have not heard anything yet but that is so exciting! Did they send the salutations email for showcase 3 today?
No they sent it in early February. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few more go out. I’m sure they’ve been really busy given how challenging this past year has been.

8C3EFC7E-A72E-4D56-A8F5-BEE7615683B9.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
Never received the saluation emails people are talking about here, even after my showcase. What is going on? There was no news about the early March A release for me...

I emailed admissions and wanted to update you all on what I learned:
- first round of acceptances all sent out, more could be sent out depending if those accepted withdraw early
- admissions is meeting 3/16 and will determine post II R vs WL
- all decisions should be sent out by the end of the month

I'm pretty disappointed since I really liked this school and have waited since the first showcase for now a R or WL

Reactions: 11 users
Thank you for updating us, @arketone. I was actually just thinking about how hard this wait is, I was in the first showcase as well. It sounds like if it's not an R, then we'll be in WL purgatory until 4/30...

• Sad
I'm disappointed too. Carle was the only school that gave me chance this year. I knew deep down I was going to have to be a reapplicant, but now it's real. And it feels worse than I thought.
Hey, feel free to PM me -- I know how you're feeling, and it can be painful but it's going to be okay!

I'm disappointed too. Carle was the only school that gave me chance this year. I knew deep down I was going to have to be a reapplicant, but now it's real. And it feels worse than I thought.
I made an account just to say I'm in the exact same situation. Only Carle, but no more Carle :cryi:

• Care
I feel this one too :( anyone else?

Has anyone received an R/W yet??? Was at the first virtual showcase, radio silence since...

Today's the day of the committee meeting! Here's to hoping we all find out about our WL/R status by the end of the week...

Reactions: 7 users
Received a waitlist notification this AM.

• Care