2020-2021 Carle Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected from the first showcase :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I still haven't received anything...idk why I'm so nervous since tbh neither is good news :( aarrggghhh

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻​

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected from the second showcase

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Rejected from second showcase. So disappointed. Was really my only chance left.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I still haven't received anything...idk why I'm so nervous since tbh neither is good news :( aarrggghhh

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻​

I feel you! I'm on the same boat, this is so nerve-wracking!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted from the 1st showcase.

• Care
Also Waitlisted from 2nd showcase

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting on their decision? I'm sure I can't be the only one. Maybe they're going to continue tomorrow.

Anyone else still waiting on their decision? I'm sure I can't be the only one. Maybe they're going to continue tomorrow.
mine took longer than the ones earlier this morning. I'm not sure what order they're going by but it seems to be very spread out

Does anyone know precious years waitlist movement % ?

I'm thinking maybe because there were so many applicants they weren't able to discuss WL or post-II R for everyone, probs will just have to wait until next week or two...

1st showcase, no email, checked the portal and found my R :(
S/O to my alma mater for making me take a day off work to watch zoom lectures and YT videos donning a suit for a day. You win haha

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Interesting, no email but no portal change. Can anyone who got WL check if their portals have changed?

S/O to my alma mater for making me take a day off work to watch zoom lectures and YT videos donning a suit for a day. You win haha
I'm totally not salty but if there was no evaluation at the showcase, I'm not sure why they invited me just to give me the R five months later lol. Anyway, best of luck to the rest of you guys and here's to lots of waitlist movement!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm totally not salty but if there was no evaluation at the showcase, I'm not sure why they invited me just to give me the R five months later lol. Anyway, best of luck to the rest of you guys and here's to lots of waitlist movement!
Yeah, I agree. They said the showcase was the equivalent of getting an II from them but the odds of an acceptance were so much lower compared to a real interview elsewhere. I kept my hopes up for this long and it sucks they made us wait months just to reject the majority of us.

my alma mater too, lmao. the 3rd showcase was on our first day of school this semester too so kind of an important day to miss 🙃

First showcase, no email as of yet.

How do we check our portal? I only see it just says my application was submitted, but I'm unsure if I need to click a link on that home page to see if the status changed.

WL earlier today, third showcase. Will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone, you're all going to be amazing physicians one day!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted from the second showcase. Congratulations to those who have already been accepted :)

1st showcase, no email. Checked my portal and it doesn't look like anything's changed. I guess no news is good news...

Nevermind, just got an email to check my portal. Rejected. Tbh I expected it, and I'm incredibly grateful to have an A elsewhere.

• Care
R from 3rd showcase. Not a complete surprise given the timing. Best of luck to everyone who got an A or are on the WL!

• Care
R from 1st showcase, has anyone scheduled the application review?

• Care
R from first showcase, knew this school was too good for me anyways

• Care
Where’d you find this information?

Edit: Last year's thread

Just got the acceptance email around 3 - off the waitlist. Hope there is more waitlist movement for everyone, good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Received A this morning - off the waitlist. Hopefully there is even more waitlist movement to come.

Also received the A this morning from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Also received the A this morning off of the waitlist! Are any current students open to talking?

Hi everyone! I received an A from the waitlist this morning so movement is still happening. This is my first A so if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone. Wishing everyone still holding on our there the best of luck! I hope to be a classmate to some of you!

Does anyone remember how the competency checklist worked back when Carle checked if you fulfilled 9 of the required 11 competencies? Was there any verification of the boxes we checked? other schools made you drag courses from undergrad into specific required categories to make sure you fit - did carle also do this? asking because I don't think I actually meet their requirements.