2019-2020 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,

I'm currently a freshman, and I recently found about this med school! I know it's a little early but I just wanted to get a head start haha. When I was reading their website, I noticed that they don't receive AP credit to satisfy their competencies. I've already used my credits from AP Calc BC, and I already took two sophomore-level math courses (data analysis and discrete mathematics) so it's too late to turn back now. I'm going to take lin alg, diff eq, and multivar calc, but did I effectively screw myself over?

Also should I plan on completing all my coursework before my senior year if I want to matriculate right after college? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When I was reading their website, I noticed that they don't receive AP credit to satisfy their competencies. I've already used my credits from AP Calc BC, and I already took two sophomore-level math courses (data analysis and discrete mathematics) so it's too late to turn back now. I'm going to take lin alg, diff eq, and multivar calc, but did I effectively screw myself over?

That's probably just for bio, chem, and physics. I don't think they actually care about the two semesters of calculus especially because diff eq and multivar calc are basically just much harder versions of what you would have done in calc AB/BC. When I applied I double-counted my multivar class. So when I was filling out the application it was like

Calculus (2 semesters): Calc 2 and Multivar Calc
Multivariable calculus: Multivar Calc
Differential equations: Diff equations
Linear algebra: Linear algbera

You manually write in which classes you took that satisfy the requirements so as long as you have something to put in the boxes it should be fine. In your case you won't have Calc 2 but you can list some other math-related class or just list Diff Eq and Mutlivar Calc as your two semesters of calculus

Reactions: 1 users
Also should I plan on completing all my coursework before my senior year if I want to matriculate right after college? Thanks!
As long as you have a plan to complete the required coursework by the end of senior year, then you should be set to matriculate right after college. It's probably best to complete as many of the requirements as possible before senior year, but they have an option on their application for you to indicate how you plan to complete any unfulfilled requirements between application submission and matriculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone who doesn't use facebook there's also a class discord. Dm me and i'll send you the link
Hey seems like your profile doesn't allow me to send you a DM. Can you please DM me the link to the discord? Thanks!

I posted this on the discord chat too - for ACCEPTED students:

Hi all, this is a bit random, but my brother is a reporter for National Public Radio (NPR), and he is looking for incoming medical students to interview about their feelings about becoming a doctor and starting their training during the COVID19 pandemic. Please DM me if you would be interested in participating. Thanks!

Dr. Few email today says zero movement yet. Which I didn't expect any until after April 30th.

Too many impatient people emailing admissions, so they were forced to send out an email to all. You guys did this! Ya'll need to chill! :laugh:

carle2.jpg

Just withdrew my acceptance. Decided to go somewhere more established and cheaper. Good luck everyone on the WL. Hope you all end up where you're meant to be!

Also just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

@plasmodiumFal @rainfall9786 Have you guys gotten a response to your email withdrawing your acceptance? Mine is still showing up on the CYMS tool, so just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same position.
Didn't receive a response to my email. Also got an email from Dr. Few about the Deferral policy this morning. I'm assuming they just haven't updated their system yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys seen any movement on the waitlist?

Just withdrew! I hope this causes some waitlist movement since it seems pretty dead based on this thread lol Good luck my friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed admission yesterday and they said that there hasn't been any activity on the waitlist yet.

• Hmm
  • Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
So no movement at all? Did they mention when movement might happen? haha just hoping

this is the complete email.

Before COVID-19, the Admissions Office would have predicted increased waitlist movement starting in the first week of May. This is a year like no other, though, and there has been very little waitlist activity. Frankly, we are not sure what will happen.

Not sure what this means but I think they start in July so if there is any movement likely on an individual basis until then.

What is our chance at this point? Is there any possibility of movement? This is the only school I've been waitlisted and I'm worried, I really like this school... :(
Should I re-apply this year?

What is our chance at this point? Is there any possibility of movement? This is the only school I've been waitlisted and I'm worried, I really like this school... :(
Should I re-apply this year?

Hate to say it but I think your chances are almost zero. I can't imagine the accepted students choosing a different school at this point. We start pretty early too on June 29th

Anyone knows How much movement did the waitlist have?