2018-2019 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish prematch was today ... I'm itching to hear back lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
just received an interview invite!!! so happy for this opportunity

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ya'll I'm interviewing soon and I saw on the school website that interviews consist of 2 30 minute interviews and 2 5 minute standardized patient experiences. (SPEs) Anyone have any idea what these SPEs entail?

Hey ya'll I'm interviewing soon and I saw on the school website that interviews consist of 2 30 minute interviews and 2 5 minute standardized patient experiences. (SPEs) Anyone have any idea what these SPEs entail?

You are given a scenario and asked to walk into a room and interact with the actor as you would in real life. Don’t panic, it’s only five minutes so just be yourself. I would say don’t run out of stuff to say bc it gets really awkward.

Reactions: 2 users
Could anyone who has interviewed give an example of a Standardized Patient Experience scenario?
We signed a contract saying we wouldn’t share the info. just think of prompts ethically

Reactions: 1 user
We signed a contract saying we wouldn’t share the info. just think of prompts ethically
Also, we would be hurting our own chances by giving others an unfair advantage. But obviously the signing of the nda is the more important reason

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Standardize patient encounter... just think about what that means.

You obviously don’t have physical exam skills, so I doubt you’d be expected to do one. The exercise is also a short, so there isn’t even time to do a physical. If you’ve ever shadowed or worked in a hospital, think about how you or a doctor would act. Or even better, as a patient, how do you expect to be treated? I feel like it’s an exercise for you to be you. Don’t stress about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's like CASPer but in person

Just have fun with it

Definitely don’t remember signing a contract about the SPE it’s not a big deal, let’s all try and help each other out since we are in this mess together

Did talks application status change from Under Review pre-interview, but after the II?

The portal says “Your status will remain Under Review until you are either invited for an interview or your application is released (end of January)” but I also got an II for 12/13. Just wanna make sure this is real...

Definitely don’t remember signing a contract about the SPE it’s not a big deal, let’s all try and help each other out since we are in this mess together
There was definitely an NDA paper that we signed

Did talks application status change from Under Review pre-interview, but after the II?

The portal says “Your status will remain Under Review until you are either invited for an interview or your application is released (end of January)” but I also got an II for 12/13. Just wanna make sure this is real...

Mine only changed after I interviewed to "Interviewed"

Additionally I had the interview RSVP sent to my portal. As long as you have that, consider it in the books. Congrats!

Mine only changed after I interviewed to "Interviewed"

Additionally I had the interview RSVP sent to my portal. As long as you have that, consider it in the books. Congrats!

Thank you!

Called the admissions office today and they said that pre-match notifications will be sent out all day tomorrow starting at 8 AM, so give it the entire day!

Anyone have a rough estimate of how many people interviewed here so far lol.

There was definitely an NDA paper that we signed
Since I was at their first interview day and this procedure is relatively new to them, they could implemented the contract after I left. Still I didn’t sign anything lol

It's no time something you really prepare for. You are placed in a scenario and have to act accordingly. Be sincere and genuine and you'll be good.

Anyone have a rough estimate of how many people interviewed here so far lol.
So I'm just guestimating here but:
about ~30-40 people in total(both Bryan and Temple campus) get interviewed every week on Thursday.
From when I interviewed it was the fourth week of interviews. There's probably 17-20 weeks of interviews?

So take the product of those two averages (~650) and based on what they interviewed last year (676) seems approximately right.

So I'm just guestimating here but:
about ~30-40 people in total(both Bryan and Temple campus) get interviewed every week on Thursday.
From when I interviewed it was the fourth week of interviews. There's probably 17-20 weeks of interviews?

So take the product of those two averages (~650) and based on what they interviewed last year (676) seems approximately right.

I see. So I guess about 1/5 of those who interviewed will get prematched since a&m prematches their class size.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is A&M prematch heavy? Got my interview today actually and was wondering if I'm essentially interviewing for a waitlist spot

I’m super interested in this. However I did not choose to select the option on my application. Is there any way to still join if I’m doing regular admissions?

Yeah, definitely. I didn’t even know about it until I interviewed. I can answer more questions about the process, what it’s like etc if you want to PM me your email or something.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is A&M prematch heavy? Got my interview today actually and was wondering if I'm essentially interviewing for a waitlist spot
At the interview they said about half their offers are prematch and the other half go to the match.

Hello! Can someone explain to an OOS student who interviewed here the prematch? I get the general premise, but if you're prematched, does that mean you're attending A&M?

Anyhow, good luck today!

Will a&m be sending my prematches through the rest of the day, or was it just one big wave this morning?

Hello! Can someone explain to an OOS student who interviewed here the prematch? I get the general premise, but if you're prematched, does that mean you're attending A&M?

Anyhow, good luck today!
OOS offers of admission are "rolling" and don't use our TMDSAS match/prematch system. But a prematch is an offer of admission and a Texan can get none, one, or more. Texans rank all schools where they interviewed for a final school Match on Match Day Feb1.

Prematched 7:22!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Anyhow, good luck today!

It’s a guaranteed seat, but not a commitment

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

is there a facebook page for accepted students?

Congrats to everyone who pre-matched!

For those of you who interviewed, do you feel that there is a good way to prepare for the Standardized Patient Experiences or any topics that we should read up on/be prepared for?