2019-2020 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had a few options, but I've officially decided this is where I want to be. I'll see y'all around :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my R earlier today. Best of luck, everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
The interview season is pretty much over for TMDSAS schools.

Reactions: 4 users
I graduated in December and need to send my transcript to tamu (and other schools). Do y'all know if there is a deadline for transcripts? Or if I will be at a disadvantage in the match if they haven't received them yet?

Anyone else anxiously waiting for Feb 3?

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Adding onto @Matp1200, for the non-EnMed people all of preclinical will take place in college station. Those selected to go to the Houston campus will be at the Houston Willowbrook hospital system not at TMC.
Houston willowbrook? Lol thats awesome, much less academic so probably a lot of opportunity for learning!

Adding onto @Matp1200, for the non-EnMed people all of preclinical will take place in college station. Those selected to go to the Houston campus will be at the Houston Willowbrook hospital system not at TMC.
Wait is this for real? On our interview day they told us that if you went the Houston track you would do the majority of your blocks at the methodist in the tmc, kind of a big selling point.......

I think that is just for EnMed cohort.

I believe you are correct. At my interview (EnMed) there were some non-EnMed A&M students at Houston Methodist. But one of the EnMed MS1s mentioned that for future classes Houston Methodist would be only for EnMed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you are correct. At my interview (EnMed) there were some non-EnMed A&M students at Houston Methodist. But one of the EnMed MS1s mentioned that for future classes Houston Methodist would be only for EnMed.

I wish they were more upfront about that at our non-EnMed interviews. When they talked to us about the Houston track, they mostly only mentioned Houston Methodist. I don’t remember Willowbrook ever being mentioned. During the Q&A with non-EnMed students, they also only talked about Houston Methodist. I understand EnMed is a fairly new program, and the first class is just beginning clerkships, but they should’ve been more transparent about how that impacts students who desire to do the Houston track.

Reactions: 1 users
I think that is just for EnMed cohort.
On our non-enmend regular MD interview day we were told that if chosen for the Houston track we would be able to do a majority of our rotations at the Methodist hospital at the tmc and would have to do a couple at the regional locations (memorial, the woodlands, etc) but that the majority would be at the methodist tmc. And the presenter really only talked about the methodist in the tmc, and as someone already said barely if at all talked about willobrook. Although this seems to be just speculation going on around an internet forum we will only know the truth from the admins.

Reactions: 1 user

An interesting read about the Willowbrook partnership. I'm sure it will be a solid teaching hospital, but it is not the tmc and I'm sure that is a selling point that brought some people into tamu (me included).

On our non-enmend regular MD interview day we were told that if chosen for the Houston track we would be able to do a majority of our rotations at the Methodist hospital at the tmc and would have to do a couple at the regional locations (memorial, the woodlands, etc) but that the majority would be at the methodist tmc. And the presenter really only talked about the methodist in the tmc, and as someone already said barely if at all talked about willobrook. Although this seems to be just speculation going on around an internet forum we will only know the truth from the admins.

If the non-EnMed people don't spend much time at the TMC and instead most of their time at Willowbrook, you 100000000000000% want either Dallas or Temple. Would definitely confirm that that non-EnMed people still go to TMC

Does anyone know when we are going to have to decide on which clinical sites we do our rotations at? I have heard a few different times from different sources, so I thought I would come here to clarify. Thank you :)

Any EnMed accepted hear about scholarships yet? Or any followup information besides the initial acceptance emails?

They sent out first round of scholarships in November/December. They will be sending out additional offers in Spring.

Does anyone know when we are going to have to decide on which clinical sites we do our rotations at? I have heard a few different times from different sources, so I thought I would come here to clarify. Thank you :)
What I heard from the medical students on interview day is that they submitted their preferences during early first year. This may be later with us because they went to clinical sites after MS1 whereas we'll go after 18 months.

Does anyone know when the official start date is for school and other important days (such as the white coat ceremony)? I left a message with student affairs and haven't heard back. I know it's a little early but my parents are trying to book travel for this summer and don't want to overlap with the white coat ceremony.

Does anyone know when the official start date is for school and other important days (such as the white coat ceremony)? I left a message with student affairs and haven't heard back. I know it's a little early but my parents are trying to book travel for this summer and don't want to overlap with the white coat ceremony.

According to this website, y'all's first day of class is July 27. If I remember correctly (it's been a while) white coat is typically the week before.

Non-Texas-resident here curious what the process will be since I am not part of the match day. Will the letter, whichever it may be, arrive by snail mail or e-mail? Curious when I find out what my status is. Interviewed 10/31. Thank you!

As your are OOS, Texas A&M can offer you acceptance anytime.

My mom spoke to them and found out white coat ceremony is July 20th

Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like here? Didn't match here, but I've heard they historically take ~40-50 of their class from the waitlist. When do they usually send out WL?

Just matched here, first choice!! so excited!

Didn't match but this was my first choice. Hoping for some good waitlist movement.

Didn’t match either. Does anyone know when the waitlist/alternate notification will be emailed out?

Late posting this but matched! Super excited to meet the rest of y'all

Reactions: 2 users
Didn’t match either. Does anyone know when the waitlist/alternate notification will be emailed out?
The pamphlet I got at my interview says Feb 15. That's a Saturday though so it might be the 17th

Matched here and am super excited!
Good luck to everyone who's waiting to hear back still, I hope everything goes well with the list movement!

Is there usually a limit on how many people you can bring to the white coat ceremony?

Has anyone who prematched and matched or matched heard anything from the school?

Has anyone who prematched and matched or matched heard anything from the school?
I got an email directing me to forms I need to fill out on the portal and another email as an acceptance letter.

I got an email directing me to forms I need to fill out on the portal and another email as an acceptance letter.
Hmm I already filled out the acceptance forms during the prematch window so maybe that explains it, thanks

Just got waitlist email!