2019-2020 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
TAMU does. I dont know about ENMED since it is a newer program but we should assume some of the TAMU scholarships are available for ENMED also.

Scholarships are general for the medical program. There are no separate merit scholarships for EnMed.

Scholarships are general for the medical program. There are no separate merit scholarships for EnMed.
There is an Endowed scholarship for ENMED with a multi requirement.

There is an Endowed scholarship for ENMED with a multi requirement.

Yes, that's military only.

Does anyone know the last date of interviews? Or the last date they send out interviews?

Anyone know if TAMU or EnMed gives out merit scholarships?
OOS, was given a scholarship which bumped me down to IS tution (yay)!

TAMU COM students: What's your yearly tution? I've gotten conflicting numbers ranging from 15k/year to 21k/year. I think its currently just under 20k/year, correct?

Current EnMed students if you're still reading this thread and are willing to answer this question, how much does rent cost around the TMC? I want to figure out financials before I start to seriously decide on where I commit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Medical Students
2019-2020 Estimated Cost of Attendance for Medical Students
Scroll Table Left and Right
Resident*M1M2M3M4
Tuition & Fees$19,724$19,724$17,552$17,536
Loan Fees376376376376
Housing & Meals17,35017,35018,92817,350
Books & Supplies*6386948641,430
Travel2,5362,5362,5365,036
Personal Expenses5,6605,6606,1735,660
Total$46,284$46,340$46,430$47,388
*Includes electronic-books(e-books), access to third-party online homework platforms and other resources.
Scroll Table Left and Right
Non-Resident*M1M2M3M4
Tuition & Fees$32,824$32,824$30,652$30,636
Loan Fees376376376376
Housing & Meals17,35017,35018,92817,350
Books & Supplies*6386948641,430
Travel2,9302,9302,9305,430
Personal Expenses5,6605,6606,1735,660
Total$59,778$59,834$59,924$60,882
*Includes electronic-books(e-books), access to third-party online homework platforms and other resources.

TAMU COM students: What's your yearly tution? I've gotten conflicting numbers ranging from 15k/year to 21k/year. I think its currently just under 20k/year, correct?

Current EnMed students if you're still reading this thread and are willing to answer this question, how much does rent cost around the TMC? I want to figure out financials before I start to seriously decide on where I commit.
How did you hear?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I went for my interview on the 21st, they said it was number 20 out of 22, so there’s two dates left.

I have my interview scheduled for 12/12, but I’m not sure if that is the last or second to last date of interviews.

Depends on if you have a roommate or not, what kind of apartment you're looking for, and how long you want your commute to be. Some options are:

"Luxury" aka more modern apartments: Latitude (in the med center; fairly expensive, but a 10 minute walk from school; some students got a sign on deal that put them ~$1300-1500/month for a single for the first 15 months); apartments in West University, Meyerland, Kirby, and Upper Kirby (more reasonable, but about a 10 minute drive from school; $1200-1300 for a single, $900-1100 per person for a double)

Traditional apartments: pretty much in any neighborhood you want to look in, but general price range is less than $1000, single or double; probably lower quality in terms of maintenance, though

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Reactions: 2 users
does tamu stream their lectures? I'm sure they talked about it on my interview day, but I can't remember.

Does anyone know when they will be sending another prematch wave? / is this school prematch heavy?

Depends on if you have a roommate or not, what kind of apartment you're looking for, and how long you want your commute to be. Some options are:

"Luxury" aka more modern apartments: Latitude (in the med center; fairly expensive, but a 10 minute walk from school; some students got a sign on deal that put them ~$1300-1500/month for a single for the first 15 months); apartments in West University, Meyerland, Kirby, and Upper Kirby (more reasonable, but about a 10 minute drive from school; $1200-1300 for a single, $900-1100 per person for a double)

Traditional apartments: pretty much in any neighborhood you want to look in, but general price range is less than $1000, single or double; probably lower quality in terms of maintenance, though

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Thanks!

Any OOS decisions yet?

Like acceptances? Right here

Is there an accepted Facebook group?

I'm a little confused. At my interview day, current medical students said that students on the Temple or Dallas track complete the first year in BCS and then go to Temple/Dallas while the Houston track completes 18 months in BCS and then goes to Houston. In fact, there weren't any Temple or Dallas students there because they were all already gone. The packet and website, however, state that all students spend the first 18 months in BCS. Does anyone have clarification on this?

I'm a little confused. At my interview day, current medical students said that students on the Temple or Dallas track complete the first year in BCS and then go to Temple/Dallas while the Houston track completes 18 months in BCS and then goes to Houston. In fact, there weren't any Temple or Dallas students there because they were all already gone. The packet and website, however, state that all students spend the first 18 months in BCS. Does anyone have clarification on this?

They changed it recently, so all campuses going forward do 18 months instead of some doing 12 months.

So do we think they're done with pre-matches? I interviewed in November and I'm wondering if they're were even considering any of us for a pre-match offer or if we will just have to wait until Match Day.

Any other EnMed applicants still waiting for a decision? Interviewed mid-late Oct.
I know that their last interview session was last week, so I'm just wondering if we'll get an answer before the holidays

So do we think they're done with pre-matches? I interviewed in November and I'm wondering if they're were even considering any of us for a pre-match offer or if we will just have to wait until Match Day.
I read through the forum from last cycle and it looked like they didn't prematch after the first day except for in January. It might be similar this year. Their class size (not including EnMed) is only about 100 so it's kind of stressful because it's so small.

I read through the forum from last cycle and it looked like they didn't prematch after the first day except for in January. It might be similar this year. Their class size (not including EnMed) is only about 100 so it's kind of stressful because it's so small.

From their most recent interview it looks like they'll be upping their class size to around 170. So that's some good news!!!!

From their most recent interview it looks like they'll be upping their class size to around 170. So that's some good news!!!!
Thanks for the information and passing it along, we really appreciate it! That definitely helps

Accepted EnMed! Interviewed 12/5

Reactions: 6 users
Can any current students comment on the status of the Round Rock Regional Campus? Thanks!
Last we were told, Round Rock is still open for electives only. No core rotations there anymore.

Does anyone have any information about the Houston site? Like which hospital is used or just any info?

where do they want them sent?

I would first ask them if they would accept an update document or message, and then when they reply send it then. I also just realized that I sent my question about updates directly to an admission person's email address (her name is Ruth Sanchez) and her email is [email protected]. So just ask her about updates and then she will give you some instructions.

Does anyone have any information about the Houston site? Like which hospital is used or just any info?

At least for EnMed, the Houston location works with Methodist and the didactic years all take place in the TMC mostly at TAMU's campus in/with Methodist.

Adding onto @Matp1200, for the non-EnMed people all of preclinical will take place in college station. Those selected to go to the Houston campus will be at the Houston Willowbrook hospital system not at TMC.

Reactions: 1 users