2019-2020 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Prematched at EnMed!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
By filling out the forms you are accepting the offer of admission and holding your seat. You can accept as many offers of admission as you'd like at this point. If you'd like to withdraw and release your seat, email the admissions office at TAMU. For Texas, you'll need to rank the schools you've interviewed at before Match Day. After Match Day, you walk away with only one offer of admission to a Texas school

So filling out this form is basically guaranteeing I have a spot but not committing that I will take it?

Reactions: 1 user
So filling out this form is basically guaranteeing I have a spot but not committing that I will take it?
That is correct. You can still rank other schools higher if you have more interviews without risk of losing your acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is correct. You can still rank other schools higher if you have more interviews without risk of losing your acceptance.
Exactly. Say UTSW is your 1st choice but you don't prematch-- rank UTSW before A&M, and you have the chance to get an acceptance at UTSW without risking your acceptance at A&M.

Prematched as well! So happy that this cycle ended early for me, and for those who are still waiting, we're rooting for y'all!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of the prematches! There is an ii rsvp with an assigned date on my portal but I haven’t received an emails with more details (checked my spam and deleted emails). Has anyone experienced this?

Pre-matched around 9 am today. Being that this was my only interview, I am very excited :) congrats everyone!

Lol so scared of messing up accepting my offer.

Just wanted to confirm all we had to do was fill out the forms they sent. There was no deposit for this school,correct?

Lol so scared of messing up accepting my offer.

Just wanted to confirm all we had to do was fill out the forms they sent. There was no deposit for this school,correct?

Yeah I'm pretty sure we just fill out the forms and respond to the acceptance email. That's all I've done. Also I'm pretty sure they would reach out first before withdrawing the offer or anything.

Wait we should also reply to the email saying we accept the prematch offer?
Not sure if there was a difference in the EnMed acceptance email vs MD acceptance email. But the EnMed email instructed to reply back to the email.

Wait we should also reply to the email saying we accept the prematch offer?
I didn’t reply, I filled out the forms but I’ve checked them at least 25 times already looking for mistakes lol

• Haha
Oh I see. The regular MD email does say to reply if you're NOT accepting the offer. But it doesn't say anything about replying in order to accept the offer. Did anyone else reply to the regular MD prematch email?

I actually missed a field in the acceptance acknowledgement, so I replied saying I was excited to accept and offered a correction. I don't think it's necessary if you're not a dummy like me though.

I have a question for those who were accepted. Did you guys get an official acceptance email or just a couple emails saying you have a new form to fill out? I only got the new form emails and want to make sure I am not missing any information regarding the offer or how to accept it.

I have a question for those who were accepted. Did you guys get an official acceptance email or just a couple emails saying you have a new form to fill out? I only got the new form emails and want to make sure I am not missing any information regarding the offer or how to accept it.
Check spam. My acceptance email would have gone to spam had I not set a filter.

Reactions: 2 users
Same thing happened to me. It’s in your spam

Thanks! I didnt even think to look there since the other emails came to my inbox.

Has anyone that interviewed with the MD/PhD program heard back? When I interviewed they said they'd let us know one way or another on October 15th, but the 15th came and went with nary a word from them to me.

Has anyone that interviewed with the MD/PhD program heard back? When I interviewed they said they'd let us know one way or another on October 15th, but the 15th came and went with nary a word from them to me.

+1. From what I understand they were only going to offer 5 spots on 10/15, then offer more as people withdraw, but I haven’t seen anyone be accepted on here/IRL. Let me know if you find anything out about this.

Does this school have a second look day before match day? I wanted to take that weekend to look at housing and stuff to add cost of living into my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this school have a second look day before match day? I wanted to take that weekend to look at housing and stuff to add cost of living into my decision.

There is a second look event scheduled for November 16th. They will send details soon

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know TAMHSC's fafsa ID code, or if we should just send the information to TAMU cstat? I can't find any information on their website.

There is a second look event scheduled for November 16th. They will send details soon

Just got the email for EnMed Pre-match Celebration on 11/16 (which I'm assuming is like a second look day)

Reactions: 2 users
Yep, see you guys there!

I was complete 8/13 with an II 8/23 Lizzy M 67 so I believe you still have a chance!
But doesn't that mean they probably already reviewed my application? Considering you turned yours in after mine, but have already gotten an II?

But doesn't that mean they probably already reviewed my application? Considering you turned yours in after mine, but have already gotten an II?

Not necessarily because my turn around time was pretty quick. When I got my interview, some people submitted in July were getting interviews. I’m not sure if they go exactly in order and if they do they could re-review apps. I wouldn’t give up hope yet!

Does anyone know how willingly A&M gives out scholarships? I heard someone with a 512/4.0 got a full ride but of course that alone doesn’t tell me too much

Does anyone know how willingly A&M gives out scholarships? I heard someone with a 512/4.0 got a full ride but of course that alone doesn’t tell me too much

I'm also curious about this. I found some data from US News & World Report that suggests 78% of medical students receive gift aid, but no clue how much is typically given out or to whom it is given.

Source:

For those of you that prematched and accepted it, was there a deposit to pay?

I'm also curious about this. I found some data from US News & World Report that suggests 78% of medical students receive gift aid, but no clue how much is typically given out or to whom it is given.

Source:
What is "gift aid"? like grants and scholarships?

Is the Student Registration Form something we have to fill out right now even if we are not certain we will matriculate?

For people who have interview on 10/31: did any of you receive any email about the timings of the social? I signed up on the google form but never got any answer from them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

Does anyone know TAMHSC's fafsa ID code, or if we should just send the information to TAMU cstat? I can't find any information on their website.

For anyone else wondering I asked them and you just send it to Texas A&M university (fafsa code: 003632)

My understanding is yes, we have to fill those forms out even if you aren't certain.
As long as you are saying you are accepting an admission, you fill out the paperwork. If the deadline for the forms is after the match, then you can ignore them.