2019-2020 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today!! For 11/21!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
II today for 11/21! Hate that its on a Thursday, but excited to see the campus!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II !!!!
I was complete in May - there is still hope, guys!

II just a minute ago!! Complete 7/15, LM 75! I’m so excited!

To accept the offer we just had to fill out the forms on our portal correct?

To those who recently received IIs, does your portal still say "Under Review?" Making sure I did everything correctly because I never got a confirmation after I submitted my RSVP for the interview.

Reactions: 2 users
To those who recently received IIs, does your portal still say "Under Review?" Making sure I did everything correctly because I never got a confirmation after I submitted my RSVP for the interview.
I don’t think it changes until after the interview

Same here. Still says under review with no confirmation email.

Members don't see this ad :)
It will be a while, I interviewed on September 26th, received pre-match offer and they have not updated pre-match offer and interview status on TMDSAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Will OOS interviewees find out before 12/31? Or we need to wait after the match on 2/3? I'm not sure how it works for OOS, I just know we aren't part of the match process.

Will OOS interviewees find out before 12/31? Or we need to wait after the match on 2/3? I'm not sure how it works for OOS, I just know we aren't part of the match process.
You could be notified any time between Oct 15 and orientation. I know this doesn’t help much. Another thing that can happen is OOS applicants who relinquish their offer for one they like better, may be replaced by an offer from the WL to an OOS applicant.

I’m hoping we hear something soon!

How soon after accepting the interview invite on the portal did people receive specific information about the interview day?

I am set to interview next week on 11/14, and I can't find the second email sent from them with all the information for the interview day. I must have deleted it by accident or it went to junk and I deleted my junk emails. Does it look bad on my part to call them and ask them to resend the email?

I am set to interview next week on 11/14, and I can't find the second email sent from them with all the information for the interview day. I must have deleted it by accident or it went to junk and I deleted my junk emails. Does it look bad on my part to call them and ask them to resend the email?

They sen't me a second email about the interview day 6 days before my interview, so maybe you will get that email?

I was just looking through my emails, and my actual II email had an attachment with the welcome packet info. Did your II email not have any attachments with it?

I was just looking through my emails, and my actual II email had an attachment with the welcome packet info. Did your II email not have any attachments with it?
I can only find the email with the form to RSVP for the interview, but can't find any other emails from them. And the portal doesn't have any information about the interview day.

I can only find the email with the form to RSVP for the interview, but can't find any other emails from them. And the portal doesn't have any information about the interview day.

Gotcha. I guess you can either wait until week of for the second email or call them and ask them to resend it. I don't think it would look that bad to call them, but that's just my opinion.

II about an hour ago for Nov. 21!!! Complete 9/19, IS.

Does anyone know the apartments students suggest that are close to the school? I wanted to look at some prices. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the apartments students suggest that are close to the school? I wanted to look at some prices. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest looking at 8085 Traditions (Cheaper) and 8085 Atlas Pear (Nicer and Newer). These are the two closest apartments where a large majority end up living

If you'd like more options feel free to send a pm

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else not bringing family to the EnMed celebration next weekend?

I would suggest looking at 8085 Traditions (Cheaper) and 8085 Atlas Pear (Nicer and Newer). These are the two closest apartments where a large majority end up living

Do most students end up rooming together or getting a studio/single?

I think that really depends person to person, but most of my classmates are in singles

I just prematched here!

II was on 10/17.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted here a little earlier this afternoon!

@wysdoc Hi! I was filling out the forms for A&M and the acceptance acknowledgement form requires you to check the box "I accept the offer to enroll as a first year medical student at TAMU July 2020." If I check that and complete the core residency/ student registration form is it binding? Thank you so much:)

@wysdoc Hi! I was filling out the forms for A&M and the acceptance acknowledgement form requires you to check the box "I accept the offer to enroll as a first year medical student at TAMU July 2020." If I check that and complete the core residency/ student registration form is it binding? Thank you so much:)
Not binding at this point!
If you for some reason later decide to accept a different offer, you will
1) accept the new offer then
2) communicate directly with school #1 to say you regret to inform them you have decided on a different school.

For us Texans with the TMDSAS system, Match Day will kind of carry out these steps for you, by matching you to a school and dropping you from your lower choices.
The steps I numbered above would be done if you are offered a place from a Wait List after Match Day, and you choose to relinquish your matched school for the new offer.

Not binding at this point!
If you for some reason later decide to accept a different offer, you will
1) accept the new offer then
2) communicate directly with school #1 to say you regret to inform them you have decided on a different school.

For us Texans with the TMDSAS system, Match Day will kind of carry out these steps for you, by matching you to a school and dropping you from your lower choices.
The steps I numbered above would be done if you are offered a place from a Wait List after Match Day, and you choose to relinquish your matched school for the new offer.
Thank you so much for your help!

I currently go to tamu for undergrad and I have a friend who lives at 8085 Traditions. His apartment was just broken into recently. I don't think it's common, but I'm just saying it happened.

Declined my interview for 11/21 today! Best of luck to whoever gets it!!

Hi friends! For those who have interviewed after prematch started, I saw they're still sending out prematch offers which is cool, but do they say anything on the interview day about the timing of decisions? This will be my first II since prematch started so I'm not sure what to expect from that standpoint

Does anyone know the dress code for tomorrow's prematch celebration?

Anyone know if TAMU or EnMed gives out merit scholarships?
TAMU does. I dont know about ENMED since it is a newer program but we should assume some of the TAMU scholarships are available for ENMED also.