2018-2019 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Very difficult technical engineering problems... Jk just like any other med interview

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Agreed. Seems obvious, but just know everything you put on your app/wrote about really well.

Members don't see this ad.

Very difficult technical engineering problems... Jk just like any other med interview

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
@Konkurro if you don't mind me asking, did you interview after the initial batch of acceptances was sent out on October 17, and if so, have you heard back from the program at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who interviewed for the Enmed program what were the interview questions like?

I don't think anyone would ever tell you the exact questions they asked. Just go over the standard interview questions and relax.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait so are the Enmed people included in the 100 class size? I thought it would be the 100 MD class size + 25 Enmed people...for a total of 125

Members don't see this ad :)
are there any current students watching this thread? would like to pm a question

What have people who prematched/interviewed heard about the research opportunities at A&M? It doesn't appear that A&M has any research built into the curriculum like other medical schools (such as during the break between first and second year).

What have people who prematched/interviewed heard about the research opportunities at A&M? It doesn't appear that A&M has any research built into the curriculum like other medical schools (such as during the break between first and second year).
When I interviewed they said they could accommodate any of your research needs throughout the semesters. I wouldn't be too worried about getting some research done on the side.

Is there any chance for an IS II at this point either? lol

Reactions: 1 users
For people who attended the social the night before the interview: what’s the dress code?

Is A&M receptive to letters of intent/updates? I interviewed for the MD/PhD program in September and from what the director told me, acceptances would've been sent out in late October, November, and December. I don't really have anything to update but I really like the school, especially since it's my alma mater and CS is like a second home. I'm thinking of sending something along the lines of "I've interviewed at other places, but A&M remains my top choice b/c etc..." to the director, but should it be through email or a more formal letter?

Is A&M receptive to letters of intent/updates? I interviewed for the MD/PhD program in September and from what the director told me, acceptances would've been sent out in late October, November, and December. I don't really have anything to update but I really like the school, especially since it's my alma mater and CS is like a second home. I'm thinking of sending something along the lines of "I've interviewed at other places, but A&M remains my top choice b/c etc..." to the director, but should it be through email or a more formal letter?
I sent a letter of intent. I didn't hear anything back. But, I wasn't sure if I should and i decided to because I also love the school and figured that it wouldn't hurt to let them know Id love to attend their school.

Is this school graded or pass/fail? Also — is it 1 year in Bryan and then off to other campuses or 1.5 years?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is this school graded or pass/fail? Also — is it 1 year in Bryan and then off to other campuses or 1.5 years?

Not pass fail. 2 years in Bryan for pre-clinical, followed by different rotation sites (unless you're in EnMed which is 4 years in Houston).

Not pass fail. 2 years in Bryan for pre-clinical, followed by different rotation sites (unless you're in EnMed which is 4 years in Houston).
Do you know how many days a week can be streamed vs how many days you have to be physically in class? I know they mentioned a lot of students stream ... but with gross anatomy lab, are you basically there daily anyway? (My husband and I are looking at how often we could reasonably see each other with him living 4 hours away during those years.)

Just left the interview an hour ago. All are now 18months preclinical at BCS except for Enmed. Also it is P/F

Do you know how many days a week can be streamed vs how many days you have to be physically in class? I know they mentioned a lot of students stream ... but with gross anatomy lab, are you basically there daily anyway? (My husband and I are looking at how often we could reasonably see each other with him living 4 hours away during those years.)

Not really sure what the schedule is like in Bryan because I got into the EnMed program. But with the Anatomy lab and Practice of Clinical Medicine-type class I'd imagine you'd have some in person attendance required every day.

Just left the interview an hour ago. All are now 18months preclinical at BCS except for Enmed. Also it is P/F

At my interview they made it explicitly clear that pre-clinical is graded Honors/High-Pass/Pass/Fail. That's also what it says in the student handbook.

At my interview they made it explicitly clear that pre-clinical is graded Honors/High-Pass/Pass/Fail. That's also what it says in the student handbook.

It’s pass fail honors. And honors is top 15% and above 90

Has anyone been accepted into the Enmed program as a OOS? I interviewed on Dec 6th and not sure how long it will take to get an acceptance offer?

Any MD-PhD acceptances yet?
None that I've seen. I'm actually really scared right now b/c this is a top choice of mine. I know the director said we'd hear something in late December. So far the only MD/PhD acceptances I've seen were in October.

For the more recent interviewees: how long this it take for Tamu to show up on your rank list?

Has anyone been accepted into the Enmed program as a OOS? I interviewed on Dec 6th and not sure how long it will take to get an acceptance offer?
The admissions office says it will be on a rolling basis. They still have one more interview date as well (Jan 10), so I believe it will be closer to match day.

Honors/Pass/Fail. Starting with this new class, everyone spends their entire preclinical years in Bryan (1.5 years total) and then they break off to their respective campuses for clinicals.

You be taking anatomy and histology classes at the same time at the beginning of your M1 year, and they both have mandatory labs. Typically you go anatomy lab MWF in the afternoons and then histology lab TR either in the am or pm, depending on the day. The "classroom" portions of anatomy and histology are not mandatory and can be streamed.

Honors/Pass/Fail. Starting with this new class, everyone spends their entire preclinical years in Bryan (1.5 years total) and then they break off to their respective campuses for clinicals.

Is this official? We were told in interviews that it would be 1 year in BCS for everyone except for ENMED, which would be 1.5 years. Are you saying the preclin is being shut down in Dallas and other sites?

Is this official? We were told in interviews that it would be 1 year in BCS for everyone except for ENMED, which would be 1.5 years. Are you saying the preclin is being shut down in Dallas and other sites?

That's the last that I heard but I could be wrong.

That's the last that I heard but I could be wrong.

Can confirm this also. This is what they said last Thursday at the interview. They said it was a new decision and the website and application guides they gave us are not up to date.

Can confirm this also. This is what they said last Thursday at the interview. They said it was a new decision and the website and application guides they gave us are not up to date.

OK, good to know for ranking. I like A & M but it seems like they have a lot of turmoil going on with their program currently.

Anyone know if a&m will be having a second wave a prematches sent out.

Will TAMU ever update us on this info? its kinda a huge factor for anyone honestly...

I interviewed in September, so none of this was brought up. Would admissions be open to clearing anything up?

What kind of turmoil is tamu med going through????

Anyone know if a&m will be having a second wave a prematches sent out.
Probably not. When I interviewed in September they said if you didn't prematch on Nov. 15th it would be very unlikely to prematch.