2018-2019 Dell Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow! Meeting baylor’s scores would be crazy. What are the non-science disciplines? Also, is it a good idea to go to a newish school vs. an established one?
MBA/MPH/M Eng. I think that in general an established program has an advantage, but I think Dell would be a difficult school to top in terms of what it can offer its students and I have no doubts they will match very well.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
secondary invite... 3 months after sending haha. Havent done a secondary in over a month

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MBA/MPH/M Eng. I think that in general an established program has an advantage, but I think Dell would be a difficult school to top in terms of what it can offer its students and I have no doubts they will match very well.

I was talking to a friend who is a current student there. Apparently, they are comparable to Baylor's STEP score (currently above but need to wait for a few more scores) so they will be either #1 or #2 in the state. Wow! And the ability to do an MD/MBA with McCombs (which is a top 20 business school) in 4 years...incredible.

Reactions: 1 users
How did you guys feel about your interview at Dell? Also, did dell show up in ranking on tmdsas for u? Thanks

Last edited:
How worried should I be? I have interviews at 7 of the 8 schools I applied to (all TX MDs -- didn't apply to El Paso and Rio Grand) and I still don't have a secondary from Dell. Austin as a city is really appealing to me. Also, I am looking to do an MD/MBA and McCombs is the best business school in Texas (plus I can't actually afford the MD/MBA at Baylor/Rice). Honestly, this would potentially be my first choice school given the environment and offerings of both the school and the city.

It’s Been about a month since completing Dells secondary... final letters turned in 2 weeks ago, have I been passed up?

It’s Been about a month since completing Dells secondary... final letters turned in 2 weeks ago, have I been passed up?
How worried should I be? I have interviews at 7 of the 8 schools I applied to (all TX MDs -- didn't apply to El Paso and Rio Grand) and I still don't have a secondary from Dell. Austin as a city is really appealing to me. Also, I am looking to do an MD/MBA and McCombs is the best business school in Texas (plus I can't actually afford the MD/MBA at Baylor/Rice). Honestly, this would potentially be my first choice school given the environment and offerings of both the school and the city.
It never stops on SDN... take a chill pill, for your own good.

Reactions: 2 users
II minutes ago!!! Freaking out because I was losing hope yesterday!!!

Reactions: 3 users
II minutes ago!!! Freaking out because I was losing hope yesterday!!!
Congrats! I was just like that before I got my II. I really thought there was some red flag on my apps but then Dell gave me a call. Btw, have other people here gotten TMDSAS school responses before AMCAS? I've received two TMDSAS IIs but heard back from no AMCAS schools. I hope it's just a timing thing and not something I messed up in AMCAS :/

I was offered 1 date, second week of October!

Nice! Good to know there may still be a decent amount of interview dates left. I submitted my secondary pretty early in the cycle, but I’m still trying to keep the hope alive. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Dell seems to be the only school that actually takes a "holistic" look at their applicants.

Dell seems to be the only school that actually takes a "holistic" look at their applicants.
I honestly loved the video secondary idea. It keeps applicants on their toes and actually allows us to show off our personalities. I wish other schools did this.

I honestly loved the video secondary idea. It keeps applicants on their toes and actually allows us to show off our personalities. I wish other schools did this.
Love it too, but that time waiting for the ii I kept thinking I bombed it o_O

For others: got a II 9/12. In-State.
Pretty stoked about it, would love to talk to anyone who is already a student there or has finished their interview! The only school that has responded to me so far but thrilled

Last edited:
I was looking at Dell's stats and it looks like they accept 1 person for every 7 that interview? That seems like a lot of interviewees and not a lot of acceptances :( ...Though that is matriculation and not acceptance (aka a lot of people end up going to other schools).

I was looking at Dell's stats and it looks like they accept 1 person for every 7 that interview? That seems like a lot of interviewees and not a lot of acceptances :( ...Though that is matriculation and not acceptance (aka a lot of people end up going to other schools).
I was told that med schools end up accepting around 2x the marticulation so it comes down to roughly 1 student accept out of 4.

It seems as though complaining about lack of secondaries and interviews in this thread leads to some success. I'm just saying if you put what you want to receive out into the world it seems to find a way to manifest. Just received my secondary invite today.

They notified me that they received my application in early June, for anyone who may still be waiting for their secondary.

Reactions: 4 users
It seems as though complaining about lack of secondaries and interviews in this thread leads to some success. I'm just saying if you put what you want to receive out into the world it seems to find a way to manifest. Just received my secondary invite today.

They notified me that they received my application in early June, for anyone who may still be waiting for their secondary.
What's your LizzyM if you don't mind me asking? I transmitted late June but never got a secondary so I was thinking there was no chance of even getting a secondary at this point.

I agree LOL!!! Complained the night before on this thread for the interview invite and got it the next morning!!!

Reactions: 5 users
AFTER THREE MONTHS OF WAITING I FINALLY GOT A SECONDARY INVITE

Reactions: 7 users
Just got a secondary invite!

Reactions: 4 users
All of y'all smart Texans are giving this OOS applicant a tough time! Stop being so smart and getting IIs and secondaries! :p

Well then Dell, I'm putting it out there that I really want a secondary (and if you could give an interview and acceptance that would be nice too). Please hear me.

Reactions: 6 users
Well then Dell, I'm putting it out there that I really want a secondary (and if you could give an interview and acceptance that would be nice too). Please hear me.
See, I think you’re being too polite. You have to really COMPLAIN. Don’t ask them, tell them. And don’t use please but do use all caps.

Ex: DELL, WHAT THE WHAT. IVE BEEN COMPLETE FOR MOOOOONTHS. GIVE ME MY SECONDARY.

JK. Please.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Yeahhhh, it kindof stings not getting a secondary invite. I know making it to the final 45 is damn difficult, but not even being considered in the top 800-1000 is making me question the non-stat aspects of my App.

Dell has a really specific criteria, right?

Yeahhhh, it kindof stings not getting a secondary invite. I know making it to the final 45 is damn difficult, but not even being considered in the top 800-1000 is making me question the non-stat aspects of my App.

Dell has a really specific criteria, right?
Trust me this school reallty looks at you hollistically and does consider everything, I dont think there are any schools in texas that do look at an applicant like Dell Does. I was not expecting a secondary given my MCAT but they reached out to me for an II. It might just be that you dont fit the mission of this school or maybe they will send you one soon. But one thing I can assure you, is that, dell is very hollistic.

Their criteria is very specific and they want people who had a lot of life defining experiences, culturally aware, and they are big on collaboration and team work.

Trust me this school reallty looks at you hollistically and does consider everything, I dont think there are any schools in texas that do look at an applicant like Dell Does. I was not expecting a secondary given my MCAT but they reached out to me for an II. It might just be that you dont fit the mission of this school or maybe they will send you one soon. But one thing I can assure you, is that, dell is very hollistic.

Their criteria is very specific and they want people who had a lot of life defining experiences, culturally aware, and they are big on collaboration and team work.

Thanks for the reply! I guess all I can do now is wait and see :D

......and neurotically scour the internet ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! I guess all I can do now is wait and see :D

......and neurotically scour the internet ;)
I know how you feel, just keep positive and keep yourself busy. Sending you well wishes and hope they get back to you soon

as a TX resident who will be interviewing here soon, I would love to hear opinions from current students (and anyone who has interviewed here!) on what they like and dislike about Dell. Assuming an ideal situation where one has options for their medical school education, what are some important things that could sway someone between Dell and say... other TX schools that have been around longer like UTSW, Long, and McGovern. Thanks!

as a TX resident who will be interviewing here soon, I would love to hear opinions from current students (and anyone who has interviewed here!) on what they like and dislike about Dell. Assuming an ideal situation where one has options for their medical school education, what are some important things that could sway someone between Dell and say... other TX schools that have been around longer like UTSW, Long, and McGovern. Thanks!

Interview day was amazing!! A lot of activities but I actually had fun. Students were awesome and everyone including students and staff had a good sense of humor. Interview day was well organized and the facilities and hospital are new and beautiful and engineered well. Anatomy lab didn’t smell bad at all! (Designed for ventilation).

Also, idk if the data is prelim but right now their STEP 1 median is 249. Which is the highest in the nation.

Last edited:
Interview day was amazing!! A lot of activities but I actually had fun. Students were awesome and everyone including students and staff had a good sense of humor. Interview day was well organized and the facilities and hospital are new and beautiful and engineered well. Anatomy lab didn’t smell bad at all! (Designed for ventilation).

Also, idk if the data is prelim but right now their STEP 1 median is 249. Which is the highest in the nation.

Glad you had a good interview day!! :)

And I can confirm that is the final data with all 50 scores back, median step 1 of 249. There is a chance other schools saw a bump in their median scores since we’re comparing ourselves to other schools based on their 2017 data so TBD if it ends up being the highest. Regardless though, my class has been extremely happy with our scores and felt very well-prepared for Step.

Feel free to PM me with any questions regarding Dell.

I transmitted 6/13 was received by Dell 6/28 and got secondary invite 9/07. LM:72, IS, ORM, non-trad. I completed my secondary 9/14.

did you get an interview or are you asking what your chances are?
Long time lurker trying to give hope to those who haven't received secondary yet. But I'll also take feedback on what my chances are if anyone has any input

Can’t wait to interview here! Also did those who interview here go to the night before social? If so did y’all think it was beneficial to go?

Can’t wait to interview here! Also did those who interview here go to the night before social? If so did y’all think it was beneficial to go?
I would recommend going, it helped me calm my nerves and meeting the current students pumped me up for my interview the next day!

I would recommend going, it helped me calm my nerves and meeting the current students pumped me up for my interview the next day!
I didn't get anything about a social in my email. Where did y'all see the details for this?

I didn't get anything about a social in my email. Where did y'all see the details for this?
I haven’t received anything either but I’m assuming everyone in this thread is telling the truth so I’m sure we will get it once it comes close to interview day.

II today via phone call!!!! I was so excited that everyone in my office could hear me go "Yes! Thank you so much!!"

In-State; Primary Submitted 5/30; Secondary Invite: 8/24, submitted 9/1
LizzyM: 68; WARS: 78

I haven’t received anything either but I’m assuming everyone in this thread is telling the truth so I’m sure we will get it once it comes close to interview day.

Y'all will get more info when the date gets closer! I think my info about the social came ~5 days before. You will also receive an email around then giving you more details about the interview :) Good luck y'all!

Submitted secondary mid July and notta from dell rip :/

Y'all will get more info when the date gets closer! I think my info about the social came ~5 days before. You will also receive an email around then giving you more details about the interview :) Good luck y'all!
I fly in 7pm the night before my interview so I can't go to the social anyways :(
Thanks for the help though, dude. I'm really excited about Dell!