2018-2019 Dell Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So it’s gonna be pretty quiet here until April May?
IMO I’d probably expect a lot of movement when Baylor and other AMCAS schools start sending out the majority of their acceptances. So most likely in March or April.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think less people will come off the waitlist this year as most people just might prefer dell because of the USMLE average score that was released earlier last year?

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think less people will come off the waitlist this year as most people just might prefer dell because of the USMLE average score that was released earlier last year?

It's an N of 50, so probably not. The movement off the waitlist was not insignificant in previous years.

Generally people who move off are (1) wait listed at their first choice (2) recieved an AMCAS decision OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing, hope someone on here gets my acceptance/scholarship!

Reactions: 5 users
Letting go of my acceptance here. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Anyone accepted in the FB group, have y’all seen any movement?

I've seen maybe one or two. Honestly, everything hinges on Baylor and oos. By the first week of May movement should have occurred that cements everyones's seats.

Members don't see this ad :)
3 waitlist movements so far and most will happen near end of month.

For those accepted, did Dell show up in your AMCAS "Choose your medical school" tool? The language they use makes it seem that TMDSAS schools would also show up there to help facilitate traffic day. Thoughts?

For those accepted, did Dell show up in your AMCAS "Choose your medical school" tool? The language they use makes it seem that TMDSAS schools would also show up there to help facilitate traffic day. Thoughts?
As I understand it, if you applied to at least 1 school using the AMCAS application, and have 1 or more AMCAS acceptances, your TMDSAS schools will also show up on the CYMS tool. If you only applied via TMDSAS, then no.
If you have no AMCAS acceptances, only WLs, then no schools will be eligible on the CYMS tool either.
If you have any doubt about cementing an acceptance offer, contacting the school directly in their preferred manner (email or portal) will also serve to confirm your intentions.

It showed up for me

I don't have a Dell acceptance (fingers crossed!) but another TMDSAS school and it shows up just like AMCAS acceptances.

a student recieved an email about acceptance last Monday and call from a san Francisco number today. First one off the waitlist.

Withdrew yesterday, hope one of you gets my spot!

Reactions: 3 users
This texas school seriously has the most quiet thread and no updated lol

Yep, San Fran number is the Dean. He called me as well way back in November. If you see that area code, get pumped!

OH MY GOD JUST GOT A CALL FROM DEAN JOHNSON IM CRYING

Reactions: 7 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted Today. I heard that dell gives some type of scholarship to all accepted students. Is this true? if so how much?

Accepted Today. I heard that dell gives some type of scholarship to all accepted students. Is this true? if so how much?
Congratulations! Unfortunately, this is no longer true. That stopped with last year’s class.

Accepted off the waitlist on Saturday but declined offer today - hope one of you gets the spot!