2018-2019 Dell Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any recent prematches from DELL? It’s been very quiet here.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview today for January 10th. Submitted secondary late October.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, some people heard back on 19th and 20th for prematch. Hope you guys get good news today before the holidays!

Any idea if we can send updates or transcripts (I'm guessing TMDSAS covers this?) to this school?

Reactions: 1 user
Whoever said 12/19 earlier was spot on, got a call today from Dean J himself. Blessed :angelic:. Also does anyone know if they send financial info/scholarships through the email or if it comes later? Appreciate y'all.

Reactions: 5 users
Whoever said 12/19 earlier was spot on, got a call today from Dean J himself. Blessed :angelic:. Also does anyone know if they send financial info/scholarships through the email or if it comes later? Appreciate y'all.

’ congrats on your acceptance!!!! That’s awesome!!! Right before holidays. Do you mind sharing your interview date and stats? You can PM me

’ congrats on your acceptance!!!! That’s awesome!!! Right before holidays. Do you mind sharing your interview date and stats? You can PM me
A welcome holiday gift no doubt. No worries, I interviewed mid October and have a LM of 72. you can definitely DM me questions if you have them although tbh I'm in shock so it will take me 5 business days to respond

Reactions: 3 users
A welcome holiday gift no doubt. No worries, I interviewed mid October and have a LM of 72. you can definitely DM me questions if you have them although tbh I'm in shock so it will take me 5 business days to respond

Haha!! I bet! I tried dm ing you but I can’t. Can you dm me?

Got the call yesterday too! Congrats!

What’s your opinion Baylor vs. Dell?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call yesterday too! Congrats!

What’s your opinion Baylor vs. Dell?

Both are great schools. Dell is more innovative and has a non traditional curriculum. However, baylor has consistently show great results and has a big alumni network, more established research facility, and probably better connections. Either school will make you an amazing phycisian. Just do a little more digging. If you don’t mind, can you PM me? Yours is on private

After a long wait, I got the call today (sad to say i missed it though)! Officially accepted!

Any idea when Dell lets one know about scholarship information? I believe my attendance to this school is contingent on that important information because i received a full ride to UTSW. Don’t mean to brag, but i throw this out there to see in anyone is in a similar situation. Would love some feedback!

After a long wait, I got the call today (sad to say i missed it though)! Officially accepted!

Any idea when Dell lets one know about scholarship information? I believe my attendance to this school is contingent on that important information because i received a full ride to UTSW. Don’t mean to brag, but i throw this out there to see in anyone is in a similar situation. Would love some feedback!

Did they leave a voice mail?

Dang, what's your stats if you don't mind me asking

If you have a full ride to UTSW take it and forget going to any other school (unless they also give a full ride). It's an amazing school that is ranked higher than Dell, and you graduate as close to debt free as possible! You'd be crazy to go anywhere else. I'm still trying to figure out how to afford housing near UTSW-- even in a one bedroom with a roommate. You are incredibly lucky.

It is not unheard of Dell offering full rides, a relative of mine (524 mcat) was offered one last year but she turned it down for a different OOS full ride offer.

is Dell more pre-match heavy or is there still a decent chance of getting in on match day?

is Dell more pre-match heavy or is there still a decent chance of getting in on match day?

I was actually under the impression that they didn't pre-match that heavily. They said so on Interview Day.

If you have a full ride to UTSW take it and forget going to any other school (unless they also give a full ride). It's an amazing school that is ranked higher than Dell, and you graduate as close to debt free as possible! You'd be crazy to go anywhere else. I'm still trying to figure out how to afford housing near UTSW-- even in a one bedroom with a roommate. You are incredibly lucky.

It is not unheard of Dell offering full rides, a relative of mine (524 mcat) was offered one last year but she turned it down for a different OOS full ride offer.

Biased, perhaps, but I would be remiss not to voice that this is not sound advice for everyone.

If finance is of the utmost importance to you, then by all means. Rankings do not translate to a good match for one's personality or sensibilities. The mission of Dell is different than that of UTSW, and it is unfair to compare the two in absolute terms given that one is new and the other is established, among other things (no match results, Step 1 results with smaller n).

I don't recruit or give advice to come to Dell in other school's threads because I attend and that might appear self serving, but also because I believe that in environments like SDN it is far too easy to be pressured by statistics and popular opinion. My advice is always go with your heart in terms of where is your best fit.

You would not be 'crazy' for choosing Dell or any other school that you liked for that matter. I wouldn't disparage your mental state based on choosing between very competent schools (read: all texas schools are very good) where you will learn medicine. In-state tuition through all of Texas is remarkably cheap, and you would receive some kind of financial aid at most all of them though perhaps not a full ride (speculative). In the long run, it will be more than fine. Go where you feel you fit the most, whose curriculum you believe is most accommodating to your needs , and whose mission best matches your personal goals.

Reactions: 2 users

More than decent, I'd say. Waitlist pulls quite a few as well, as applicants get OOS offers.

Has anyone who pre-matched heard anything about scholarships?

Has anyone who pre-matched heard anything about scholarships?

No, seems like the aren’t offering many pre-match scholarships this year. Haven’t met anyone that has gotten one yet.

Does anyone know when second look day will be?

Does Dell accept post-interview updates?
No, I made the mistake of sending them one and they replied "we don't accept updates." I panicked and didn't respond so I guess that's gonna be an R for me lol

Didn’t match. Kinda sad because I’ve been wanting this school since 2017. Keeping hope alive for wait list. Anyone else knows when the wait list info comes out

Last edited:
Accepted!! Has anyone who matched received scholarship info?

Reactions: 2 users
Didn’t match. Kinda sad because I’ve been wanting this school since 2017. Keeping hope alive for wait list. Anyone else knows when the wait list info comes out

Dont give up hope. A significant portion come off the waitlist as people continue to get non-TMDSAS offers. Best of luck buddy!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!! Has anyone who matched received scholarship info?
I prematched in Novemeber and got a scholarship offer like mid January, so it could take a while before you hear about them. They also never sent me any kind of application for it or anything