2017-2018 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Email from "Vanderbilt MD Admissions" had me surprised for a minute there -- but in some good news, they're still anticipating decisions before December 24. :)

Reactions: 9 users
Got the R today, complete mid August.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected. :( Vandy was my top choice and I thought I'd be a great fit. My whole family is in Nashville so this is a major bummer.

Rejected too....
1st choice too....
So lame
Complete mid-Aug

Just rejected also, post-secondary. Complete mid-October, LM 75.

I have been getting the axe all week :/ anotheeeeer oneeeeee

Members don't see this ad :)
ahh yeah I just checked last years thread and it'd seem like it is. I interviewed mid November so I'm not exactly holding my breath lol
I was late September so maybe I’ll hear something. Good luck to you!

ahh yeah I just checked last years thread and it'd seem like it is. I interviewed mid November so I'm not exactly holding my breath lol

I know someone who used to work on their committee and he said it takes them about 4 weeks after the interview to make the decision

I also heard (IIRC) like Dec. 22 is when the first round of acceptances would be released

I know someone who used to work on their committee and he said it takes them about 4 weeks after the interview to make the decision

I also heard (IIRC) like Dec. 22 is when the first round of acceptances would be released
My fingers are crossed!

The December meeting is on Thursday, so decisions will not likely go out until after then. This info comes from email correspondence with the admissions office.

Reactions: 2 users
The December meeting is on Thursday, so decisions will not likely go out until after then. This info comes from email correspondence with the admissions office.
Didn't someone say the December meeting was yesterday?

@med_chick was the source of my original info (and she's talked to the direct of admissions at Vandy since via email lol)

Didn't someone say the December meeting was yesterday?

That was more of a misunderstanding/miscommunication. The first time of communication I was told the *week* of Monday the 18th, which was taken to mean the actual 18th.

The level of sass I'm feeling right now -_-

I’m sorry, against whom? I’m on my phone so I couldn’t italicize week. Just trying to spread knowledge of the timeline because I know how much it sucks to be constantly checking the forums and/or a portal for a decision. I knew from the first correspondence with admissions that the meeting wouldn’t be Monday the 18th but later in the week, and it wouldn’t be fair to y’all to not share that information.

I’m sorry, against whom? I’m on my phone so I couldn’t italicize week. Just trying to spread knowledge of the timeline because I know how much it sucks to be constantly checking the forums and/or a portal for a decision. I knew from the first correspondence with admissions that the meeting wouldn’t be Monday the 18th but later in the week, and it wouldn’t be fair to y’all to not share that information.

Not towards anyone in particular. Just a very heightened level of sass. Since I spent the whole day freaking out, and it was all for not.

Not towards anyone in particular. Just a very heightened level of sass. Since I spent the whole day freaking out, and it was all for not.

That’s why I posted haha. Now hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your week without a ton of added stress!

Going crazy over here waiting for calls to go out even though I know they likely won't get to my interview date. Need a christmas miracle @Jesus

Reactions: 3 users
A call from Vanderbilt tomorrow would be the best holiday present I ever received

I just got an acceptance call! Very unexpected since I interviewed at the beginning of December.

Reactions: 8 users
Just got an acceptance call, too! interviewed mid-October

Reactions: 4 users
Also got the call! Thank you Vanderbilt :)

I got the call and forgot to ask about scholarships, but they probably would've told us right?

Ahh accepted, and they mentioned a scholarship! An early Christmas present from Vandy :love:

I got a call from a Nashville number that disconnected after one ring... the suspense...

Just curious - was it your interviewer that called? Or perhaps just someone else on the committee?
My interviewer called, which was lovely -- not sure if that's the same for everyone or if it just turned out that way. :)

Does anyone know if those of us who didn't get a call today will have some sort of portal update to let us know if we've been booted to the second round of decisions?

I hope they are just going to give out more calls tomorrow given that not too many people have posted?
I just checked the Vandy threads from the past couple years. Barring last year most calls occurred on a single day so I dunno. I would love to be wrong though, I really enjoyed my time in Nashville.

I just checked the Vandy threads from the past couple years. Barring last year most calls occurred on a single day so I dunno. I would love to be wrong though, I really enjoyed my time in Nashville.

I'm hopeful if it's the case that interviewers are making the calls. Seems reasonable that not everyone had time this afternoon to make calls?

I'm hopeful if it's the case that interviewers are making the calls. Seems reasonable that not everyone had time this afternoon to make calls?
This is the attitude we need

We'll find out tomorrow. I haven't been to a church in like ten years, but keeping with desperate times, I'm about to go to the nearest chapel . I'll keep you riley29 and kfcboy and every other applicant in my prayers.

Reactions: 5 users