2021-2022 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I just spoke to the admissions office on the phone and they said new acceptance calls can still be going out over the course of this week. Have faith, we can still get the call!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
fyi just got the email/ portal update following the call on Fri. does anyone know where I can find a link to join Fb/groupme? it’s not in the letter

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that :/
Was there an update in your portal too? Also, when did you interview if you don't mind me asking (I am a mid-December app still holding my breath haha)
Honestly super happy about a WL!! Didn’t think that would even be a possibility with my numbers. The only portal update is a little “MD waitlist” tab on the left hand side :)

• Care
Does everyone who interviewed and didn’t get an A go onto the waitlist or do they reject post interview? Trying to figure out how big this waitlist pool is.

Reactions: 1 users
Does everyone who interviewed and didn’t get an A go onto the waitlist or do they reject post interview? Trying to figure out how big this waitlist pool is.

Haven’t gotten a WL e-mail yet either, wondering if that means post interview R :/

I got the WL just now interviewed late Nov

This cycle has been WL boogaloo idk if just me 😵‍💫

I got the WL just now interviewed late Nov

This cycle has been WL boogaloo idk if just me 😵‍💫
Saaaaame except still no A yet 😅 I'm going to die

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
WL. Spain without the "S." hopefully the WL moves

• Care
How does VUSM move the waitlist? Is it rolling or after a certain time?

WL too. Kind of sucks, I just got two pubs and updated them like 2 weeks ago so now I am kind of screwed on my next update haha

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
How does VUSM move the waitlist? Is it rolling or after a certain time?

It’s not rolling and only begins moving after May 1st (May 2nd this year) once the CTE deadline passes. It’s also not a ranked WL and the adcom really emphasizes that they are trying to use the WL to fill missing gaps and round out their class.

Source: all admissions podcast where the Dean directly said all of this

Reactions: 3 users
fyi just got the email/ portal update following the call on Fri. does anyone know where I can find a link to join Fb/groupme? it’s not in the letter
I'll send you a message with the link.

So has everyone either been accepted or waitlisted at this point? (no Rs and everyone has heard?)

If anyone is looking for an apartment PM me. Spacious 1bed/1ba available in June (15 mins away from campus). Starbucks coffee machine in the office/study area. Lots of Vandy/Meharry students live here as well.

Honestly super happy about a WL!! Didn’t think that would even be a possibility with my numbers. The only portal update is a little “MD waitlist” tab on the left hand side :)
Where is the portal? I am on a waitlist at another MD school and don't see anything on my AMCAS home page. Thank you!

Laughed at my financial aid summary, turning down A this wk… best of luck to those on WL

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
If you're trying to understand how need-based scholarships are calculated, per the financial aid video, it's currently 40% of your "need" as calculated from your submitted CSS Profile.

If you're trying to understand how need-based scholarships are calculated, per the financial aid video, it's currently 40% of your "need" as calculated from your submitted CSS Profile.
Vanderbilt has a ridiculous cost too. 100k per year. Out of state tuition in cali plus outrageous living costs still doesn't even come to that much.

• Haha
  • Wow
for those of you who attended second look (I believe it was virtual) -- how was it? I'm waitlisted and curious!

Where is the portal? I am on a waitlist at another MD school and don't see anything on my AMCAS home page. Thank you!
I just logged back on to the Vandy AMP portal where you submitted your secondary !

I know Vandy tends to take around 15 people off of the waitlist every year, but does anyone know how big the pool is? How many people are on the waitlist overall? Is everyone who interviewed accepted or waitlisted?

Did anyone else get a waitlist status email asking for an update or confirmation of interest? Wondering if they sent this out to everyone on the waitlist since they are unranked.

Did anyone else get a waitlist status email asking for an update or confirmation of interest? Wondering if they sent this out to everyone on the waitlist since they are unranked.
Yep I got this too. I figure it was sent to everyone. Do y'all figure our chances are shot if we don't send a LOI? Kind of surprised how schools openly ask for LOI especially since I'd gotten the impression from SDN/reddit that adcoms don't really consider them!

Yep I got this too. I figure it was sent to everyone. Do y'all figure our chances are shot if we don't send a LOI? Kind of surprised how schools openly ask for LOI especially since I'd gotten the impression from SDN/reddit that adcoms don't really consider them!
I think Vandy really considers them as they specifically said they were more conservative with initial acceptance offers. I know a few people got in off the waitlist last year after sending an LOI

I think Vandy really considers them as they specifically said they were more conservative with initial acceptance offers. I know a few people got in off the waitlist last year after sending an LOI
Thanks for the info! Not great news for me as I already sent my LOI to a diff school but good to know nonetheless! Still keeping my fingers crossed.

So i know we should expect the waitlist movement to begin on May 2nd, but, when is the last day for that? or is it just on May 2nd?

Did anyone get a response after they sent their LOI? I sent it in but no one confirmed receiving it.

Did anyone get a response after they sent their LOI? I sent it in but no one confirmed receiving it.
I haven't gotten a response to either my update letter or my confirmation that I'd like to stay on the WL

When did you send it? I also sent one and didn't hear back from them.
I sent the email last week. I suggest that you check that the letter is uploaded on your portal and then email admissions to just let them know that you have submitted your letter. You can even attach the letter to the email as well.
I haven't gotten a response to either my update letter or my confirmation that I'd like to stay on the WL
I didn't get a response when I confirmed that I would like to stay on the WL either. I guess it might be all of us.

How many people do y'all think are on the waitlist?

Submitted a letter of intent this morning and just got a confirmation email that they received it

I sent a letter of intent last week to the mdadmissions email and received confirmation as well. Do we have an idea of when they will be making offers to waitlisted applicants?