2019-2020 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So when are we expecting the second wave of decisions to hit? Next week, two weeks from now?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m trying to upload an update/interest letter to the portal. Anyone know how it should be classified under the drop down menu? “Update”, “interest letter”, or “other”?

When I asked the Office of Admissions last week, they said "late February/early March". Last year they released on Feb. 27, which was a Wednesday. So I'm hoping for Feb. 26, but it could go later and be more like the first week of March

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone with below a 520, from a non-ivy and not URM, been offered a merit based scholarship?

• Hmm
  • Inappropriate
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
has anyone with below a 520, from a non-ivy and not URM, been offered a merit based scholarship?
Generally speaking, I think merit scholarships are based more on things like interview performance and letters of rec than actual stats or EC’s.

Edit: I will always use my example of my best friend from a state public university w/ a 514-516 MCAT, solid EC’s, and solid back story + amazing personality who got Geffen at UCLA. No doubt he wowed them in the interviews and the LOR. Schools want great people, not just great numbers. When pretty much everyone has a great resume at this point, the intangibles matter that much more.

Last edited:
  • Wow
When I asked the Office of Admissions last week, they said "late February/early March". Last year they released on Feb. 27, which was a Wednesday. So I'm hoping for Feb. 26, but it could go later and be more like the first week of March

On MSAR the "Acceptance notice-latest date sent" is Feb. 28, 2020. Probably safe to expect next week at some point

So...how are y'all doing/feeling? Think this is the week?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Vandy is on sping break next week so I'm thinking they'll get out the decisions before that.

Could it be tomorrow? Didn't December decisions come out on a Wednesday?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they wait until all the telephone calls are made before they send out the rejection/waitlist emails or do they get those out of the way first?

Does anyone know if they wait until all the telephone calls are made before they send out the rejection/waitlist emails or do they get those out of the way first?
I imagine they will email after. No point in emailing before or every1 will kinda know where they stand pre call lol

I imagine they will email after. No point in emailing before or every1 will kinda know where they stand pre call lol
I thought that would be the case - just wanting the agony of waiting to be over as soon as possible.

Nobody so far today, huh? Maybe it'll be tomorrow or Friday. Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the phone call method

I'm gonna give it until noon and then call it for the day. No sense in being on edge if I don't need to be

I don’t know if the Feb decisions are like the December ones, but I got a call at ~5:30/6 pm EST

I don’t know if the Feb decisions are like the December ones, but I got a call at ~5:30/6 pm EST
December's wave did seem to be in the later afternoon. Could be the same here...

Good luck everyone!

December calls were also on a Friday so who knows

Well, it's almost 3 PM EST and it doesn't seem like anyone's heard today, so I'm gonna reset and hope for tomorrow or Friday (and bet more on Friday)

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 4.43.25 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Are merit scholarships given out only upon acceptance? Or are they awarded later as well?

Soooo, I'm gonna guess it'll be tomorrow. MSAR also says the latest acceptance date would be February 28th.

Went almost the whole cycle without creating an account and just made one to publicly say this waiting is making me anxious!!

Reactions: 12 users
None yet, I’m p sure it’ll be tomorrow y’all..

Sounds like tomorrow will likely be the day for decisions. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!!

inshallah we will all get in, and if we don’t, I know we all have excellent options ahead of us.

Good luck y'all. Been a real pleasure talking with everyone on this forum - I know you'll all do great!

Today's the day (hopefully)! Best of luck, y'all! The waiting is almost over...

So if it's today, what time are we expecting calls to start?