2017-2018 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I saw one withdraw of acceptance on 3/5, have not seen anyone post about getting off waiting list. Is it worth to do FAFSA as it mentioned in the waiting list e-mail or is it just a waste of time?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard the 50% debt free number number, but I wouldn't be surprised, and frankly think that is low-balling it. Would make sense if students' families paid for cost of education, as Vandy med students come from very wealthy families. Further, applying to medical school is an expensive endeavor and Vandy undergrads have a median family income of >$200k (#20 in the country out of all colleges).

Is MSAR accurate in predicting average indebtedness? I really liked what I saw here, but I’m worried I’d be in the most amount of debt if I attended here.

Hey all! I feel like this has already been addressed but soes anyone have any experience or know if the school is receptive to asking for more financial aid after they have sent you a financial aid package? I was offered a generous package at another school but would really really love to choose Vanderbilt, I just don't know how to go about asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can’t hurt reaching out to the finnncial aid office but they were quite adamant with me that they don’t do any negotiating for scholarships in order to help with yield. I probably would have gone here as well if they could have matched an offer I got elsewhere.
Hey all! I feel like this has already been addressed but soes anyone have any experience or know if the school is receptive to asking for more financial aid after they have sent you a financial aid package? I was offered a generous package at another school but would really really love to choose Vanderbilt, I just don't know how to go about asking.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew today, hoping my spot goes to someone soon! Best of luck

no wait-list movement?

I think there's been a fair bit actually, but people haven't been reporting here for whatever reason. The email from admissions said they expected movement to start from late April to early May, and during that time between 20-25 new people have been added to the facebook group. There was also a report on the waitlist movement google doc from reddit.

Last edited: