2017-2018 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected post secondary via portal

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-secondary today, via email.

Would have preferred the pre secondary reject because this pre II reject still hurts, AND I had to pay for it. :yeahright:

Still, all for the best, seriously doubt I could see myself at Vandy. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone else stuck in limbo? completed secondary mid august w/ no news as of yet

Reactions: 2 users
Another pre-secondary email rejection here. I wasn't exactly holding out much hope for Vanderbilt at this point, but as my first rejection (I applied a bit late), it still stings a little.
Oh well, I've enjoyed lurking on this thread periodically over the last few months - Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected pre-secondary; OOS, UGPA=3.93, GGPA = 3.84, MCAT=511, LM=70.3. Good luck to everyone still being considered!

Rejected pre secondary. Better than pre II cuz it cost me less and no autobiography haha

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told there would be IIs... this looks like the opposite of IIs.

Reactions: 11 users
Rejection this morning! OOS - Non Trad - Lizzy M 70-74. Complete 08/29

II on Fri, complete end of Sept, OOS.

Even after (seemingly) adding them to my school email's white list after they sent 15+ emails in the spam wave a few weeks back, the II e-mail still ended up getting sent to spam by my school's over-aggressive spam filter, and I only really noticed it due to a late night misclick o_O

Reactions: 5 users
II!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected pre-secondary. Pulling for the rest of you!

I received the rejection email today, although I logged onto the portal yesterday evening on a whim and saw that I had been rejected so the email today was no surprise. Good luck to the rest of you still in it!

Is it too late to apply for MD for this cycle? I got rejected by MSTP today. Any advice?

Is it too late to apply for MD for this cycle? I got rejected by MSTP today. Any advice?
MSTP applicants are allowed to switch over to MD-only up until Nov 15 as long as you notify them in writing. I imagine that's why they're sending out all the rejections today.

MSTP applicants are allowed to switch over to MD-only up until Nov 15 as long as you notify them in writing. I imagine that's why they're sending out all the rejections today.
Looks like it is not a simple switch, you have to go through AMCAS too. haven't looked MD, not sure if there is a lot work to do. The deadline is 11/20, I feel like it might be too late for this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like it might be too late for this cycle.
TBH idk why MSTP programs give us the option to switch to the MD-only pool after like September. It's 100% way too late at that point. I've been switched over to the MD-only pool at like 5 schools and have heard absolutely nothing from them

TBH idk why MSTP programs give us the option to switch to the MD-only pool after like September. It's 100% way too late at that point. I've been switched over to the MD-only pool at like 5 schools and have heard absolutely nothing from them
After November, not even September! That is definitely not something encouraging! Just a sad day! I wonder if there are any II opportunities for 'post-November complete' candidates. Anybody who has past experience, could you give us some advice please? Worth trying? I am thinking it probably won't hurt! This whole application process is so stressful and it is training your patience too!!!

has anyone ever heard of a rejection appeal working for vandy?