2022-2023 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The tracker's at 664 IIs now holy

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if all merit scholarship offers are made with the admission offer or if we could potentially find out about a merit scholarship later? Also according the the website they only offer 75% or full tuition scholarships, does that imply they're not open to negotiation if we get offers from other places? Or would a lesser offer automatically count as need-based aid

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know if all merit scholarship offers are made with the admission offer or if we could potentially find out about a merit scholarship later? Also according the the website they only offer 75% or full tuition scholarships, does that imply they're not open to negotiation if we get offers from other places? Or would a lesser offer automatically count as need-based aid
They notify u when u get admitted, and I don’t think they notify of scholarships afterward. Idk if they negotiate or not

Merit scholarships are notified around time of acceptance notification. In previous years, need-based aid required completion of FAFSA and CSS Profile and was notified around mid-April. The financial aid office has previously indicated that they are unable to match offers from other institutions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other in-staters get interviews before January? I wasn’t sure if vandy sifted through us last or not

II tracker's at 720, there could be one more batch or this might be it (but they sent out more than this both of the last two years)

II tracker's at 720, there could be one more batch or this might be it (but they sent out more than this both of the last two years)
Are the "Verified Applications Received" and "Secondary Invites" numbers this year similar to those of the last two years?

Are the "Verified Applications Received" and "Secondary Invites" numbers this year similar to those of the last two years?
Ooh good call. The apps received/secondary invites are less than the past two years (more than 2020 though interestingly) so they might be done :(
If they have three interview dates left maybe there's one more small wave though? Anyone who's interviewed here have insight into how many people interview each day

Ooh good call. The apps received/secondary invites are less than the past two years (more than 2020 though interestingly) so they might be done :(
If they have three interview dates left maybe there's one more small wave though? Anyone who's interviewed here have insight into how many people interview each day
If I recall right on my interview day it was like 12-14 interviewees. Smth like that but I could be off since it’s been a while.

I interviewed on 12/5 and got an email for the post-interview survey on 12/6...but I got another post-interview survey email last night (1/30) after no communication for almost 2 months. Does this mean anything or simply just a fluke?

IS II last night! LM 74 and complete mid-July! The only available date I had was 2/24

I interviewed on 12/5 and got an email for the post-interview survey on 12/6...but I got another post-interview survey email last night (1/30) after no communication for almost 2 months. Does this mean anything or simply just a fluke?
Interviewed on the same day as you and also received the same email last night

II two days ago!

Complete 7/26

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if we actually have to fill out the CSS profile by Feb 16th? I'm still waiting on a decision from vandy but don't think we will here by then even though the financial aid presentation during the interview told us to wait until we were accepted...

Around mid-December. Historically, there is a second wave late February and a final wave early March.
Are early February interviews included in the late Feb acceptance wave or will they have to wait till March?

Does anyone know if we actually have to fill out the CSS profile by Feb 16th? I'm still waiting on a decision from vandy but don't think we will here by then even though the financial aid presentation during the interview told us to wait until we were accepted...
I think that deadline applies to 22-23 academic year, not to 23-24 academic year, but you can double check with Vandy FA office.

• Love
I am so entirely burnt out this cycle from looking things up. Can someone please give me info on how the interviews are conducted. Are they both open file? Both faculty or can it be a student? etc.

I know this is peak lazy but I am just so done

I am so entirely burnt out this cycle from looking things up. Can someone please give me info on how the interviews are conducted. Are they both open file? Both faculty or can it be a student? etc.

Cannot relate more to this - also help me too plz and thank you lol

Based on past cycles, for MD applicants interviewers are randomly assigned faculty with one open file and one closed file interview.

Both faculty - one long interview (1 hr), one short interview (20 min). Long interview is open file, short interview is closed.

If the website says that second wave of acceptances is late February but they are telling current interviewees early march, does that mean that there are acceptances after the second wave?

If the website says that second wave of acceptances is late February but they are telling current interviewees early march, does that mean that there are acceptances after the second wave?
I remember hearing they had three waves (December, February and then March). But I could be wrong/things changed.

I heard 2 larger A waves in December/late February and then a smaller 3rd wave of A's in early March after which anyone not accepted is placed on the waitlist

For those interviewed, did they mention in the info session how many merit scholarships are awarded. Also, do you know if someone awarded a merit scholarship can also recieve need-based aid?

The last interview date is Feb 24th so the next batch of decisions likely in early March

Pre-II R - but that's okay! We riding on the anxiety-driven high of decisions coming over the next few weeks 🥳