2021-2022 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FYI the Vanderbilt admissions tracker now says 735 interview invitations sent... meaning they are likely close if not already done sending interview invites. They sent a total of 758 last year, 658 the year before that, and 551 the year before that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
FYI the Vanderbilt admissions tracker now says 735 interview invitations sent... meaning they are likely close if not already done sending interview invites. They sent a total of 758 last year, 658 the year before that, and 551 the year before that.
oh that's strange. They told us just two weeks ago that they were aiming for 650 this year.

oh that's strange. They told us just two weeks ago that they were aiming for 650 this year.
The tracker includes MSTP and MIDP. What you were told probably related to MD-only. In any event, given the fact that it is now January 20th, it's probably safe to say they are done, other than maybe filling in some last minute cancellations.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The tracker includes MSTP and MIDP. What you were told probably related to MD-only. In any event, given the fact that it is now January 20th, it's probably safe to say they are done, other than maybe filling in some last minute cancellations.
You're right haha. You reminded me of something else too- When Vanderbilt sent us IIs, this was the only schools that didn't seperate time slots by application type. I almost accidentally signed up for MIDP and MSTP interview slots.

You're right haha. You reminded me of something else too- When Vanderbilt sent us IIs, this was the only schools that didn't seperate time slots by application type. I almost accidentally signed up for MIDP and MSTP interview slots.
oh shoot I totally didn't realize that when scheduling... now I'm worried I signed up for a MIDP or MSTP slot. is there a way to check this on the portal or something?

oh shoot I totally didn't realize that when scheduling... now I'm worried I signed up for a MIDP or MSTP slot. is there a way to check this on the portal or something?
To my knowledge no, everything came over email from then on. You probably did the right one, as there's like 5x as many MD IIs as the others ones, so if you didn't look you probs clicked the right one.

Got the II. Was surprised since my primary wasn’t verified until early September and my LizzyM is a 72!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
hi everyone, not sure if this was stated before but when can we expect to hear back in feb regarding decisions? they told my interview group in late november that we would hear in february and was wondering when in the month (assuming mid).

hi everyone, not sure if this was stated before but when can we expect to hear back in feb regarding decisions? they told my interview group in late november that we would hear in february and was wondering when in the month (assuming mid).
According to their website, it will probably be late February: 2021-2022 Admission Timeline

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R just now. OOS, complete first week in August. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. Looks like this might be the final wave friends!

haven't copped the pre-II R yet but also haven't heard anything! thoughts? anyone in same position?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
haven't copped the pre-II R yet but also haven't heard anything! thoughts? anyone in same position?
If you’re MSTP I actually emailed a little bit back and they said that if you hadn’t heard back you were still under consideration for an invite through mid Feb which is when the last interview date is.

If you’re MSTP I actually emailed a little bit back and they said that if you hadn’t heard back you were still under consideration for an invite through mid Feb which is when the last interview date is.
I'm MD only but thanks for the heads up! Maybe could be on hold 🤷‍♂️

Sent them a letter of intent/update letter today and they immediately replied with an R...

Thanks for the info! Then I bet decisions won’t come out till later
Vanderbilt has plans for decisions around the end of February and sometime during March.

Reactions: 2 users
Cool! Didn’t realize they were doing two more batches. Thanks!!
yea I heard interviews end in late february and there's two final acceptance waves left, mid to late Feb and mid March.

Does anyone know if the next wave will be this week or next

Hey guys :) I have my interview coming up soon and I just started preparing for it. I was looking at the questions they have asked in the past, and I saw that there were some questions along the lines of "where else did you apply" and "why did you apply there" I thought that wasn't allowed? I just wanted to know if this was a question I should prepare to answer gracefully, I guess.

Hey guys :) I have my interview coming up soon and I just started preparing for it. I was looking at the questions they have asked in the past, and I saw that there were some questions along the lines of "where else did you apply" and "why did you apply there" I thought that wasn't allowed? I just wanted to know if this was a question I should prepare to answer gracefully, I guess.
I personally never got a question about where else I applied in any of my interviews this cycle including Vanderbilt.

Reactions: 4 users
I personally never got a question about where else I applied in any of my interviews this cycle including Vanderbilt.
harvard asked me for a full breakdown across both this cycle and last lol. The one and only school to ask across like 16 interviews (both cycles).

JUST ACCEPTED…

the fact that we won’t be hearing anything today. See y’all next week lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Now it says 743, which means that Vandy’s post II rate for last and this cycle is going to lower than it used to be. Probably the same with a lot of other schools too

Now it says 743, which means that Vandy’s post II rate for last and this cycle is going to lower than it used to be. Probably the same with a lot of other schools too
Didn’t they say the feb calls would go out mid February?? This is the last week of feb at this point.