2017-2018 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any accepted students' portals been updated? I just want to know if they deferred me o_O

They said nothing would happen if we've been deferred. Last year accepted students were accepted over a 4 day period, and portals happened gradually after that, not all at once. So it's just a waiting game.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This morning, but I think they tried to call last night and it failed. And I didn't apply for anything, I think it was automatic consideration!
Cool! Is Vandy's process rolling or they only make acceptance calls couple times during the entire cycle? I have an interview coming up in Jan., just wondering how long they will notify us after the interview.

two waves - one right now (/or is it already over :() and one in late feb

Got the call about 11 EST this morning! Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interview mid December (12/7-12/21) and get an acceptance?

yea i don't know... someone else said they got the call this morning as well

Got a call at ~12pm Nashville time! It was from the admissions office :)

can anyone who gets a call from here on out ask how many more offers are going out for this wave? The admissions office isn’t open today so I’d really appreciate a solid (from a sad boy who hasn’t gotten a call)
I didn't think to ask, but I believe in previous year calls kept going out on Saturday. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interview mid December (12/7-12/21) and get an acceptance?
I interviewed on 12/15 and the admissions office said we would know about acceptances in February

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Did any of those who got a scholarship know how much the scholarship covers?

I interviewed on 12/15 and the admissions office said we would know about acceptances in February

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what they told us too, but someone here said they interviewed early December and was accepted so I wanted to see what the latest interview date with reply would be

Did any of those who got a scholarship know how much the scholarship covers?
I believe right now they're giving scholarships ranging from 1/2 to full tuition (maybe?). I wouldn't quote me on that -- just judging based on what they said about the one I received plus stalking last year's thread.

Acceptance call today! :) Apparently they had tried to call earlier but I must have been traveling because I missed it.

Do we think they are done making calls for this round?

Accepted with scholarship!!!!!! Flipped out and dropped my phone when I noticed a call from a Nashville number. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back—the past 24 hours were definitely rough. Just try to keep your mind off it and stay positive :happy:

Reactions: 2 users
also got accepted with scholarship!!

I was also hoping for a call but to be honest I think most calls went out on Thursday and that the calls today were just for the people they couldn't reach on Thursday.

ok y'all you know what i'm going to ask - do you know if they're making more calls? (also, CONGRATS!)

I don’t, I’m sorry :( My mind went completely blank when I got the call and I didn’t even think to ask.

I was also hoping for a call but to be honest I think most calls went out on Thursday and that the calls today were just for the people they couldn't reach on Thursday.

I can say though that I don’t think this is necessarily true! I thought so too from what people had posted earlier, but I can say for sure that nobody tried to reach me on Thursday (no missed calls or anything). So I think they may still be making calls—as others have said, last year they called across a period of a few days. It wasn’t my interviewer who called me, but it also wasn’t the director of admissions or anything, so it could be that they divvied calls up amongst a few people and that’s why it’s erratic like this. I’m just speculating though!

Do you mind sharing what kind of scholarship you got? Was it merit-based?
Not sure. They just said full tuition scholarship. Could be merit? But they didn't specify.

I don’t, I’m sorry :( My mind went completely blank when I got the call and I didn’t even think to ask.

I can say though that I don’t think this is necessarily true! I thought so too from what people had posted earlier, but I can say for sure that nobody tried to reach me on Thursday (no missed calls or anything). So I think they may still be making calls—as others have said, last year they called across a period of a few days. It wasn’t my interviewer who called me, but it also wasn’t the director of admissions or anything, so it could be that they divvied calls up amongst a few people and that’s why it’s erratic like this. I’m just speculating though!
Agreed. I didn't ask, but they're probably still making calls on Saturday. I definitely didn't receive a call on Thursday.

Agreed. I didn't ask, but they're probably still making calls on Saturday. I definitely didn't receive a call on Thursday.

I had gotten myself all anxious about calls being over and then got the call today mid morning (!) The caller was not my interviewer.

Didn’t ask any questions about number of calls etc but my intuition is they divided up calling responsibilities and some people decided to do theirs today.

Did people who get calls also get an email acceptance? Has anyone who be n deferred received an email? I am out of the country and calls can’t come through! So I am in the dark ugh

If we haven't heard back, is it safe to assume we were deferred? I'm assuming they won't be calling on Christmas Eve.

Did people who get calls also get an email acceptance? Has anyone who be n deferred received an email? I am out of the country and calls can’t come through! So I am in the dark ugh

If we haven't heard back, is it safe to assume we were deferred? I'm assuming they won't be calling on Christmas Eve.

Anyone who is deferred will hear nothing until February. And yes, I think it's safe to say it's over for now.

Nope, no change on my portal or email after being accepted. I think they said an email would be coming in January?

Quick question that probably doesn’t have a great answer: if we were accepted but scholarship was not mentioned, is there still a chance we might get offered any merit?

anyone have suggestions for things to do/places to check out in the area that (preferably) aren't country music-related? I have quite a bit of time to explore :)

Last edited:
anyone have suggestions for things to do/places to check out in the area that (preferably) aren't country music-related? I have quite a bit amount of time to explore :)
I have quite a bit of time to explore before my interview too! When do you arrive in Nashville? Maybe we could explore together. Feel free to PM me.

Has anyone who was accepted in December gotten an email yet? During my call they said they'd send one right after the holidays, and as the days go by I'm becoming more and more paranoid that I hallucinated the whole thing...

Has anyone who was accepted in December gotten an email yet? During my call they said they'd send one right after the holidays, and as the days go by I'm becoming more and more paranoid that I hallucinated the whole thing...

No email yet, but my portal changed! :)

Hey all! Does anyone remember what date they said second look weekend was?

MSTP Rejection tonight. Complete late September LM 72.

It's been so quiet on here. Any news on decisions later this month?

It's been so quiet on here. Any news on decisions later this month?

On our interview day the admissions director told us they will likely finalize and release decisions in late February. Unless they get snowed in and can't meet, which has happened before.

Did most people who have already been accepted send a letter of interest beforehand? Thanks in advance:)

Anyone know the actual date this is all gonna go down? Late feb seems pretty vague