2020-2021 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when in February and March they will send out A's again? I know they sent them out in late December, but apparently, this cycle is the first time they send out a wave of A's in February.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when in February and March they will send out A's again? I know they sent them out in late December, but apparently, this cycle is the first time they send out a wave of A's in February.
Probably around ~February 26th. The March date is new, not the February one.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They emailed me this today Im responde to an email I sent:

Thanks for following up to check on the status of your application! The admissions committee should be finishing up their review of your application file in the next couple of weeks and we will continue to send out invitations to interview through mid-February. Please feel free to submit any updates to your application that may have occurred since you submitted your secondary application in late November.

Reactions: 9 users

Thanks for following up to check on the status of your application! The admissions committee should be finishing up their review of your application file in the next couple of weeks and we will continue to send out invitations to interview through mid-February. Please feel free to submit any updates to your application that may have occurred since you submitted your secondary application in late November.
Thank you for checking with the admissions. Never got Pre II - R . I submitted very late to this school . Fingers crossed for another 2 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users

Wow, you're a godsend; thanks for updating us!

Hi! I'm interviewing here on Friday and was wondering if people who have already interviewed had any tips esp regarding the closed-file interview since I haven't done one of those yet. Also, I for some reason thought that it would be one student and one faculty interview but it seems both my assigned interviewers are faculty and was wondering if this is normal or a mistake on their part. ty!!

Hi! I'm interviewing here on Friday and was wondering if people who have already interviewed had any tips esp regarding the closed-file interview since I haven't done one of those yet. Also, I for some reason thought that it would be one student and one faculty interview but it seems both my assigned interviewers are faculty and was wondering if this is normal or a mistake on their part. ty!!
The SDN page of interview questions is VERY representative of what they might ask in closed file. Both faculty. Current students advised me to prepare explanations of my research and app for open file but then we just talked about Nashville the whole time, so I guess go with the flow if they don't bring up your app at all lol

• Love
Any idea when in February the next round of As might be?

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if you interviewed in mid-January, if you will be part of the February or March wave? Was wondering how they were divided

Does anyone know if you interviewed in mid-January, if you will be part of the February or March wave? Was wondering how they were divided
I think you would be part of the February wave! When I interviewed last week, they told our group that we were right on the borderline and we could be a part of either wave depending on how quickly our interviewers submit their evaluations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who has had a morning session interview know if the first or second one is the longer/shorter one? And is either closed format? thanks

I think you would be part of the February wave! When I interviewed last week, they told our group that we were right on the borderline and we could be a part of either wave depending on how quickly our interviewers submit their evaluations.
I see! Thank you for letting me know!!

Anyone who has had a morning session interview know if the first or second one is the longer/shorter one? And is either closed format? thanks
Not a morning session interviewee, but my interviewer for the shorter interview mentioned they knew nothing about me except my undergrad (and major I think) in casual conversation at the start of the interview

Hey all! Congrats to everyone who's been accepted, and best of luck to those still waiting! Interview season is still going on for Vandy, so don't fret if you haven't heard anything yet. I'm a MS1 at Vandy, and happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Sorry if this has already been repeated before. Does anyone know when the February wave would be (mid-February, late February, or early February)? On the admissions timeline, it just says one in mid-December and one in mid-March, so im guessing that's incorrect?

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been repeated before. Does anyone know when the February wave would be (mid-February, late February, or early February)? On the admissions timeline, it just says one in mid-December and one in mid-March

Here's what I see on the Vanderbilt MD Admissions Timeline on the right side:

"When Will I Hear From Vanderbilt?

For the 2020-2021 admissions cycle, we will be releasing decisions in three waves:

· Mid-December: Acceptances to the MIDP cohort will be made.
· Late December: First wave of acceptances will be made.
· Late February: Second wave of acceptances will be made.
· Late March: Last wave of acceptances will be made.
Accepted students will receive their admission offer via phone call and will also receive a letter via email."

"To be fair to all applicants, we decided to extend our review of files into the middle of January (normally completed at the beginning of December). This will allow us to extend our interview season well into February, while we are normally complete at the end of January. We plan to interview as many of you as we can accommodate in this time frame."

This was in their update email back in November. Considering middle of January has passed, is it fair to assume that those who didn't get a file review by this time is basically rejected?
I'm late to the game here I but I contacted the admissions office last week thinking the same thing as you. They said that their review process has been delayed further than they anticipated and that they are still reviewing applications, so it seems that there is still hope! (maybe).

"...we should have more information regarding your application status for you in the next couple of weeks and will continue to send out invitations to interview through mid-February."

• Love
I'm late to the game here I but I contacted the admissions office last week thinking the same thing as you. They said that their review process has been delayed further than they anticipated and that they are still reviewing applications, so it seems that there is still hope! (maybe).

"...we should have more information regarding your application status for you in the next couple of weeks and will continue to send out invitations to interview through mid-February."
“So you’re saying there’s a chance!”. Alright 5 more days and then imma give up hope at Vandy lol.

Sorry if this has already been repeated before. Does anyone know when the February wave would be (mid-February, late February, or early February)? On the admissions timeline, it just says one in mid-December and one in mid-March, so im guessing that's incorrect?
I've actually heard it's sometime in Mid-march, and they apparently follow with fin aid info soon after. They def give ample time for people to consider other options.

There will be 2 more waves of offers, one at end of Feb, one sometime in March. I don't have specific dates unfortunately though.

Just got that pre-II R :/ good luck everyone!

• Care
pre-II R just now. off to finish crying during my anniversary dinner now, good luck y’all.

• Care
Pre II R. Heart hurts but I’ll get over it lol. Good luck to everyone running!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
+1 R
Did anyone else think that email was worded strangely or was it just me

Any idea when the next round of As might be?

Any idea when the next round of As might be?
"When Will I Hear From Vanderbilt?

For the 2020-2021 admissions cycle, we will be releasing decisions in three waves:

· Mid-December: Acceptances to the MIDP cohort will be made.
· Late December: First wave of acceptances will be made.
· Late February: Second wave of acceptances will be made.
· Late March: Last wave of acceptances will be made.
Accepted students will receive their admission offer via phone call and will also receive a letter via email."

Anyone who got interview invite today. Where you able to schedule the dates . Mine is greyed out under the interview tab. Am I missing something .
I think this has happened to several people before including myself. Someone from the admissions office reached out to me with available dates soon after. If you still can't schedule by tomorrow and haven't heard from them, you could try emailing the office.

So seems like next round of As will most likely be next week's Friday. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users