2021-2022 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from January been accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the time that A calls were made on Saturday, December 18th (the previous A wave)?

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like yesterday there were fewer A calls than the December wave. Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Considering the last reported A's name was at the end of the alphabet and that general alphabetical trend seems to hold up, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Good thing there is (reportedly) a march wave left!
Could just be a coincidence. It's really just a theory.

They did in the previous A wave in December. So, they might or might not.
Last year the February decisions just went out in one day. Vandy split the original Feb batch into Feb + March since last year, so it could be that there are fewer decisions.

Here's to hoping for more though!

Reactions: 1 users
so if we didn't get a call or email today, where does that leave us? (interviewed early Jan)
reconsidered during the March wave (although there is no mention of a third wave on the admissions website)? or is this likely a WL/R

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok guys so is the next batch early, mid, or late March because I've seen all three at this point on this thread haha. My anxiety needs to know.

Ok guys so is the next batch early, mid, or late March because I've seen all three at this point on this thread haha. My anxiety needs to know.
Late March would suck bc that only would give us 4 weeks to plan a visit before making a decision. Has anyone who's been accepted heard about second look dates? And whether that'd be in-person or virtual? Obviously putting the cart before the horse by asking, but I want to start planning trips to finally see these schools before April 30

Late March would suck bc that only would give us 4 weeks to plan a visit before making a decision. Has anyone who's been accepted heard about second look dates? And whether that'd be in-person or virtual? Obviously putting the cart before the horse by asking, but I want to start planning trips to finally see these schools before April 30
Second look is virtual on April 1-2

Does anyone know of any accepted student Facebook groups or GroupMes for the Class of 2026? I would love to connect with other accepted students. Additionally, for those that received merit aid on their acceptance call, should that show up in our portal?

Does anyone know of any accepted student Facebook groups or GroupMes for the Class of 2026? I would love to connect with other accepted students. Additionally, for those that received merit aid on their acceptance call, should that show up in our portal?
There’s a link to the fb group in the acceptance email and the groupme link is in the fb group!

There’s a link to the fb group in the acceptance email and the groupme link is in the fb group!
I didn't see it in my acceptance email. Has anyone in the February wave of acceptances gotten it?

• Hmm
Are we thinking that March 18 might be the day that we hear back for the third wave?

• Wow
Has anyone else who interviewed at end of January (mine was 1-31) heard back yet?

fr if it's not tomorrow... what are they waiting for 😩
Since match day is the 18th and second look is the 1st, it probably is today right? Either today or the 25th but that is really close to second look

I saw they normally send WL and R emails the same day as A calls for this last wave. Anyone know what time these would start?

Since match day is the 18th and second look is the 1st, it probably is today right? Either today or the 25th but that is really close to second look
Last year, which was the first time Vanderbilt ever had a March release date, decisions were released on Thursday, March 26th. Considering Vanderbilt just sent out February decisions two weeks ago, ~March 25th is definitely a real possibility.

• Wow
Last year, which was the first time Vanderbilt ever had a March release date, decisions were released on Thursday, March 26th. Considering Vanderbilt just sent out February decisions two weeks ago, ~March 25th is definitely a real possibility.
Sorry to correct, but just checked the calendar and March 26th 2021 was a Friday. DId they go out on the 25th last year? I think second look was Apr 10th last year so that timing still gave people a few weeks

Sorry to correct, but just checked the calendar and March 26th 2021 was a Friday. DId they go out on the 25th last year? I think second look was Apr 10th last year so that timing still gave people a few weeks
Considering second look is virtual and on a weekend, I doubt there's much of a rush to give people time beforehand--March 26th would give people a week

Considering second look is virtual and on a weekend, I doubt there's much of a rush to give people time beforehand--March 26th would give people a week
True! Guess we will see what happens today

I checked March 26th, 2020 accidentally! So last year the decisions were released on Friday, March 26th.

ahhh just got the A call!😄😄 interviewed early Feb. no scholarship though🙁 does anyone know if Vandy is receptive to matching scholarships from similarly ranked institutions?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
ahhh just got the A call!😄😄 interviewed early Feb. no scholarship though🙁 does anyone know if Vandy is receptive to matching scholarships from similarly ranked institutions?
Thanks for posting and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Would you mind sharing where your last name stands alphabetically?

Last edited:
Anyone else interview back in early fall and haven’t heard anything back yet?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else interview back in early fall and haven’t heard anything back yet?
I interviewed at the end of last year, but am in the same position. Pretty sure all of us will land on the WL in a few days

I know only some people post to SDN but it feels weird that only one person posted? Like idk are they maybe doing another round or something. It seemed that past years they sent out WL and R the same day as the last A wave

I know only some people post to SDN but it feels weird that only one person posted? Like idk are they maybe doing another round or something. It seemed that past years they sent out WL and R the same day as the last A wave
Nah in 2019 they sent out WL the day after. I bet we'll get an email sometime tomorrow.

guys I don't think they're done. I called this week and they told me that they were working on that final wave of admissions and hope to have decisions "within the next couple of weeks"

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
guys I don't think they're done. I called this week and they told me that they were working on that final wave of admissions and hope to have decisions "within the next couple of weeks"
I think I love u :oops:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Bruh why did literally just 1 person get a call lol.

Reactions: 2 users
also got the A call yesterday, last name in first few letters of the alphabet. they said they’ll send an email “early next wk”, so maybe more communication then?!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, M1 at Vandy here. Some students closely tied to admissions said they believe yesterday may have been the last round of acceptance phone calls as a whole. With that being said, I have a few things to share:

If you were waitlisted and this is your top choice school, there is actually a lot of movement that does happen. I personally know a handful of friends who got in off the waitlist. I know it's unsatisfactory, but just hang in there.

If you were rejected from all med schools you applied to this year, don't lost hope. Med school is competitive, and sometimes it takes a second try to get in. If things remain the same for the next month and that concern becomes a reality, I recommend taking a little bit of time off to forget about the stresses of this cycle. Then, take some time to reflect on your application, try to address and deficiencies in experiences, and be ready to make this dream a reality next cycle. I got rejected everywhere my first go around and got in here the consecutive year (yes I was rejected from Vandy before). I also know another student who was in the same boat as me. Believe in yourselves - you got this!

I wish you all the best of luck - you're going to make incredible doctors!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users