2018-2019 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Also curious about this

Looks like they've been slowly calling people for the past few hours. Not sure if its the same person calling everyone though or if it's the interviewers doing the calling whenever they have a chance. Considering it seems to be gradual i feel like its the same person calling one by one.

Reactions: 1 users
It's one person calling I think (I missed the call the first time around and then got another call).

Members don't see this ad :)
So was everyone who was accepted so far given a full rid
Interviewed mid/late Oct. Nothing yet...

Same, im kinda hoping they were calling only September people so far so that means i have a chance still haha

Accepted!!! Interviewed early November

Reactions: 3 users
Just as soon as i think they're done for the day more people get called!

Members don't see this ad :)
getting so anxious. I just hope they're giving more calls today and/or the rest of the week

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Got the call 35 minutes ago-complete first week of august, interviewed 11/09. No mention of scholarship-anyone know if they're typically always released at time of acceptance? Eternally grateful regardless!

Last edited:
people out here getting accepted and I am still under review smh. Also, congratz to those accepted!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you who got accepted, who called you? Was it a man or a woman? I'm just trying to figure out if it was the same person!

Just got an acceptance call about 10 minutes ago! Interviewed mid-October.

Got the acceptance call earlier this afternoon! Interviewed Nov 5th

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted earlier this afternoon!! Mid October interview.

So looks like it's not by order of date since people from November got called before others from October so hopefully that means earlier interviewees aren't out of the running yet. Although unless people just stopped reporting it, it sounds like they're done giving out scholarships.

So looks like it's not by order of date since people from November got called before others from October so hopefully that means earlier interviewees aren't out of the running yet. Although unless people just stopped reporting it, it sounds like they're done giving out scholarships.
Based on last year's thread, it seems that scholarships were given out on the second day of calls as well!

Based on last year's thread, it seems that scholarships were given out on the second day of calls as well!

Oh that's awesome! I'll just hope for an acceptance first though before getting my hopes up for a scholarship haha

Oh that's awesome! I'll just hope for an acceptance first though before getting my hopes up for a scholarship haha
yeah, I feel you! I would love nothing more than to hear from Vandy at the end of what's been a very long finals week :p

Anyone know if the portal will be updated or do we just wait for the acceptance email in January (per the call)?

Also - interviewed in November for those as anxious as I was!

According to last year they updated the portals slowly after.

I guess they are done for the december round...? :'(((

I guess they are done for the december round...? :'(((

Maybe not yet, calls went out until around 4/5 pm yesterday and there's still another day left in the week :)

(Me being hopelessly optimistic)

Maybe not yet, calls went out until around 4/5 pm yesterday and there's still another day left in the week :)

(Me being hopelessly optimistic)
I appreciate your optimism! Some people from my date already received the call, so I'm not feeling terribly hopeful, but you never know!

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I’ve been under review since July and assuming I’ll be taking the L at this point. Anyone know if they’re done handing out II’s??

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I’ve been under review since July and assuming I’ll be taking the L at this point. Anyone know if they’re done handing out II’s??

I emailed admissions a couple days ago asking about the status of my application (yes I know you're not supposed to, but I'm impatient and figured this late in the game I have nothing to lose). They said I'm still under consideration for an interview and that they hope to have more information in the coming weeks.

I say chances are pretty slim, but not totally impossible. Still expecting the R soon though

So the general consensus is that they're probably done sending out acceptances until February?

I think if they don't send out any tomorrow, then perhaps, yes.
I dunno, seems like they've sent out fewer acceptances compared to the past couple years at this time, but then again, getting into med school is hard and Vandy is competitive. Who knows.

I emailed admissions a couple days ago asking about the status of my application (yes I know you're not supposed to, but I'm impatient and figured this late in the game I have nothing to lose). They said I'm still under consideration for an interview and that they hope to have more information in the coming weeks.

I say chances are pretty slim, but not totally impossible. Still expecting the R soon though
Crossing my fingers for both of us!!

Accepted yesterday. Withdrawing today. As a city urban URM, I have no love for the Deep South.

Accepted yesterday. Withdrawing today. As a city urban URM, I have no love for the Deep South.

I was a little hesitant about the south as well but it didn't really feel like "deep south" to me and I really loved the school. Where do you plan on going instead?

If we interviewed before mid-November and we don't hear from them by the end of this week, do you think it means we've been waitlisted?

If we interviewed before mid-November and we don't hear from them by the end of this week, do you think it means we've been waitlisted?

Not necessarily, they said your could be accepted in February still if you don't hear in December on my interview day. I think they keep comparing us to new applicants