2017-2018 Feinberg School of Medicine (Northwestern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When dod they start sending out rejection letters

Members don't see this ad.

All of the interview dates they've given me coincide with other interviews I've already scheduled lol. Have you guys just waited for new dates to open up, or given a call?

Also, are these rolling admissions, bc I'm slightly concerned about scheduling potentially later in November as opposed to this month.

All of the interview dates they've given me coincide with other interviews I've already scheduled lol. Have you guys just waited for new dates to open up, or given a call?

Also, are these rolling admissions, bc I'm slightly concerned about scheduling potentially later in November as opposed to this month.

You can either email or call them. They will give you 4 new dates.

EDIT: Yes northwestern is rolling admissions

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What did you guys put for the "Current Address and Phone Number are good until...." if you don't plan on moving for a while?
Like should i put like 2020 or something liek that?

What did you guys put for the "Current Address and Phone Number are good until...." if you don't plan on moving for a while?
Like should i put like 2020 or something liek that?
I just put August 2018... because if you're not planning on moving til 2020 then you probably can't start at Northwestern next year ;)
... unless you live in Chicago I guess. They just need to know if you're moving between now and May.

Reactions: 1 user
I just put August 2018... because if you're not planning on moving til 2020 then you probably can't start at Northwestern next year ;)
... unless you live in Chicago I guess. They just need to know if you're moving between now and May.

ok tru, thanks!

Also...the image, I'm assuming, is for a Photo?? (under name)

II Just now! Complete one of the first days possible, don't remember exact date.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait what. I was just saying I was somewhat surprised I got an II given I don't have any pubs or presentations.

+1, where did you hear they didn't like research?

I was just joking .... I didn't mean nothing ... iam a PHD student if I didn't think they liked research why would I even apply there ... sorry for the confusion I guess

Just got an II! LizzieM ~70, extremely low SES, first gen American and college student, URM, no pubs but very well rounded app and interesting life story.. complete 9/1

Reactions: 15 users
Found an II in my junk mail while trying to remove yelps food delivery, eat24, from my junk mail. It had been there, unnoticed, for 2 days...

Complete 7/24. Dates available for me are Oct and most of Nov.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Does anyone know if Feinberg is releasing decisions today? At my interview I remember them saying something about when we would hear back, but I forgot to write it down and now I don't remember...

Does anyone know if Feinberg is releasing decisions today? At my interview I remember them saying something about when we would hear back, but I forgot to write it down and now I don't remember...
I think they said like December, but I can't exactly remember. It's in my notes at home. I know for sure it's not today

Does Feinberg accept grade/application updates? If so, what method do they prefer?

I think they said like December, but I can't exactly remember. It's in my notes at home. I know for sure it's not today
Are you sure it's December? I feel like I remember them saying they'll release it close to the first date for my interview day

Are you sure it's December? I feel like I remember them saying they'll release it close to the first date for my interview day

In my interview they said most likely December but potentially in November.

IIRC I was told to probably expect to hear something by the end of October (interviewed in late September).

I remember a similar thing - perhaps not the first day, but some time in October.

IIRC I was told to probably expect to hear something by the end of October (interviewed in late September).

I think it depends on when you interviewed. I interviewed in mid September and they definitely said to expect something around October 16. Have been anxious all day!

Wow, I am mistaken. Checked my notes, and they should be sending out acceptances or delays any day now!

Hurrah!!! Just got my first II ever! About 9:00 am EST today. Really excited about this!

Complete here mid September, OOS ORM but underprivileged background, stats are in my signature. There were dates available in mid November and early december.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Edit: This was my signature at the time:
Class of 2022!
MD Schools:
19 cGPA: 3.99 MCAT: 521 LizzyM: 77.9
Pre-II: H 1 | R 8 | WD 3
II 6 | IA 5 | A 2 | WL 1 | R -
Canadian Schools (dual citizen): 4 | R 2 | II 2 | A - | WL -

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Did anyone get a complete email from Feinberg? All I see on the portal is that they received supplemental app and letters.

Did anyone get a complete email from Feinberg? All I see on the portal is that they received supplemental app and letters.
I got an email right after submitting that they had received my app and fee, and my portal said the same thing that you said. never got a specific "complete" email. Should be fine

I keep logging in and out of the portal... it still just says thanks for interviewing

I wish they gave us a set date... I can't handle the stress of checking the portal everyday all day for two more weeks.

How is the panel interview? I tend to be quiet in groups so I was a bit worried, but I've also heard it's pretty relaxed.

How is the panel interview? I tend to be quiet in groups so I was a bit worried, but I've also heard it's pretty relaxed.

It's super relaxed and I believe it's just you, another interviewee, and an M4 or a faculty member. The key is to just listen respectfully to the other interviewee and don't be an a**hole

It's super relaxed and I believe it's just you, another interviewee, and an M4 or a faculty member. The key is to just listen respectfully to the other interviewee and don't be an a**hole

Oh that's not bad. Thanks!

Screaming in excitement! Accepted by email!

Reactions: 7 users
I'm hoping for more acceptances tomorrow fingers crossed....