2017-2018 Feinberg School of Medicine (Northwestern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question about LOR: It says that Feinberg wants LOR from "three faculty members, at least two of whom are science faculty members ho have taught you."

Would 2 letters from science faculty who have taught me plus a research letter be allowed? The third letter is from a professor at another school so I guess he's a "faculty member," but they haven't taught me.

That should be fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Question about LOR: It says that Feinberg wants LOR from "three faculty members, at least two of whom are science faculty members ho have taught you."

Would 2 letters from science faculty who have taught me plus a research letter be allowed? The third letter is from a professor at another school so I guess he's a "faculty member," but they haven't taught me.

I think that's ok. I sent letters from two of my science professors, plus my PI, who didn't actually teach me a class. The research I did in his lab was not for credit.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got snail mail from this school. Does that mean anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got snail mail from this school. Does that mean anything?
I got snail mail from them right after I took my MCAT. They offered to waive my secondary fee, so...that's not nothing to me, lol!

Reactions: 4 users
Is Feinberg just not sending out many IIs rn? I want to go to this school sooo bad I'm praying so hard for an II :arghh:

Reactions: 2 users
II just now!!! Complete 7/17

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 8 users
So, here's some news: Feinberg does not want thank-you notes. Honestly, I approve of this policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Complete 7/25.

Reactions: 4 users
II!! Complete last week of July!

Does anyone know whether Northwestern appreciates/accepts/ignores/hates in-the-area emails? I got an II to another Chicago school today, and I'd sure like to interview at Northwestern on the same trip if they're at all interested in me.

II earlier today on the way back from an interview, complete mid July! :)

Does anyone know whether Northwestern appreciates/accepts/ignores/hates in-the-area emails? I got an II to another Chicago school today, and I'd sure like to interview at Northwestern on the same trip if they're at all interested in me.
I contacted them about this earlier in the cycle, and they told me that they are not.

Reactions: 1 user
Extremely chill interview. But I also believe its because the school has a high post interview acceptance rate based on what I heard from M1s. Its a breakfast, info session, and then three morning interviews. One with faculty, one with admin staff, and then one with an M4 and another interviewee. The two staff ones were extremely lowkey, just know the typical "why Northwestern," and "why medicine." The M4 interview was a lot of more fun questions like "what dessert would you be" and random scenarios. There was also lunch and a tour with students and a PBL session. Be able to explain why PBL fits with your learning style.
Yeah tips/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: 7 users
Just got an II. Does anyone know if the admissions office is open to scheduling interviews outside the 4 available dates?

Reactions: 3 users
Do you know when you were complete?

Just got an II. Does anyone know if the admissions office is open to scheduling interviews outside the 4 available dates?

At other schools, they've kept a few days open. When one day fills, the open up more. Maybe check back this evening or tomorrow to see if a new one opens?

Do you know when you were complete?

At other schools, they've kept a few days open. When one day fills, the open up more. Maybe check back this evening or tomorrow to see if a new one opens?
Complete end of July!

Congrats to you guys and gals with interviews! What dates are open currently?

They are! I emailed the interview coordinator when I got my II because none of the dates on the portal worked for me. She was incredibly helpful and gave me many more options to choose from--seemed like no big deal!

Reactions: 1 user
II! I was very confused to see that I had an email over the weekend (I have a separate email for applications), but excited nonetheless!

Reactions: 9 users
I would like to submit my summer school transcript as an additional document because it shows my cumulative GPA has increased. However, I don't see any indication on the Feinberg website whether they accept (or do not accept) additional documents. Anyone know their additional doc policy, or have experience submitting additional docs to Feinberg?

I would like to submit my summer school transcript as an additional document because it shows my cumulative GPA has increased. However, I don't see any indication on the Feinberg website whether they accept (or do not accept) additional documents. Anyone know their additional doc policy, or have experience submitting additional docs to Feinberg?

Try just emailing it to admissions

I've been keeping track of this for all of my schools. There are some I'm unsure about, but for Northwestern you can email it to them!

Anyone know if a decision will be given on October 16 for those who interviewed in September?

II! Nice mood booster as I just missed a flight to another interview

Reactions: 12 users
Hope you get there in time! That's so stressful :(
Thanks for the good wishes! The world's nicest airline employee got me on another flight so I'll get in around 2 am... but at least I'm going to make it! :p