2017-2018 Feinberg School of Medicine (Northwestern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well finally got rejected, not that I expected otherwise hahaha. Huge reach. Complete in October, LM 72.

Members don't see this ad.

RUDE. sending me the R on a Friday night? Was just tryna enjoy dinner and drinks with friends after a long weekday

Prefer they send it on Monday because I already hate those days.

Reactions: 6 users
Rejected, which is about the single most unsurprising thing about this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected as well...LM 80 and this is my alma mater :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also rejected pre-II today. This one was a pretty big reach for me, so no surprise there. First R of the season, but at least I had a fee waiver.

Rejected pre-II. Perfect way to end the night!

Rejected pre-interview. At this point in the cycle, I wasn't really expecting to be invited for an interview anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I got it yesterday but the reality just hit me today. That would be ruthless if they sent it today!

Does anyone know how the group interview is administered? Is it a medical student asking interviewees questions or is it more of the type where you have to work on a project together? Or is it a combo of both? I imagine group Q&A would be a bit awkward though...especially for more sensitive questions.

Does anyone know how the group interview is administered? Is it a medical student asking interviewees questions or is it more of the type where you have to work on a project together? Or is it a combo of both? I imagine group Q&A would be a bit awkward though...especially for more sensitive questions.

It's just Q&A! It's really casual and actually a lot of fun as long as you have a talkative interviewer and partner.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted on 1/24!!
Secondary Complete: 1/8
Interview: 12/15

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone else see on the application portal that they say admissions decisions will be announced in March instead of February?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else see on the application portal that they say admissions decisions will be announced in March instead of February?

Just to clarify for the sdn crowd. I recently interviewed here and they said their (last?) next meeting will be in the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb. Decisions will come after that at some point.

^ the above is true, if history is any indication of what's to come. Good luck to all of you!

I definitely got rejected (when I try to log into the portal it says "a final decision letter has been sent") but I haven't gotten an email or physical letter.

just tell me already!!!

do we know when second look is for this school?

After interviewing in Jan I got the newsletter email today which scared the crap out of me for a split second haha

Reactions: 9 users
ppl deferred in late january, how are you feeling? when do you think we will hear back?

ppl deferred in late january, how are you feeling? when do you think we will hear back?
Historically, it looks like they have usually given final decisions after deferral on the Thursday or Friday of the third or fourth week of February. I would put my money on the 22nd or 23rd.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted through e-mail just now!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited: Interviewed in Jan!

Reactions: 6 users
Also accepted via email recently!!

Reactions: 4 users
This wait for the post-II decision is so tough...I can’t stop reliving every question that I didn’t answer as well as I had hoped and wondering how much they are counting against me :((((

This wait for the post-II decision is so tough...I can’t stop reliving every question that I didn’t answer as well as I had hoped and wondering how much they are counting against me :((((
Don't worry! :cat: I thought I bombed my interview but somehow was still accepted!!

Reactions: 1 users
People who were deferred probably won't hear back until the end of next week, based on past years.
I thought in the portal it says deferred decisions come out in March?

I remember mine originally said feb then later changed to March.
When I interviewed about a month ago they said we'd hear back in February and it would be an acceptance or deferral, most likely followed by a post-deferral decision within only a few days of the initial decision since it's near the end of the interview season. However, they might have changed it since then. Last year was the only year that I've seen where they were given out in March, so hopefully they'll catch up with apps and we'll find out soon :happy:

Reactions: 1 user
When I interviewed about a month ago they said we'd hear back in February and it would be an acceptance or deferral, most likely followed by a post-deferral decision within only a few days of the initial decision since it's near the end of the interview season. However, they might have changed it since then. Last year was the only year that I've seen where they were given out in March, so hopefully they'll catch up with apps and we'll find out soon :happy:
You’re prob right, I interviewed way back in November. Here’s to hoping!!

Was going through my email and found an acceptance sent on Monday! Interviewed in mid-January.

Reactions: 4 users