2017-2018 Creighton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!!! CRYING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! I am shaking with excitement. I'm going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 16 users
Accepted!!! Interviewed 9/22. Congrats to all others who received good news today!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted for my first acceptance.
For those of you waiting, good luck this was a truly brutal process (coming from a re-applicant!)
OOS interviewed on 9/15

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! 1st MD acceptance. OOS interview 9/22. Congrats to all!! And to those still in the battle, best of luck it's still early in the game!

Reactions: 7 users
Has Creighton sent out any interview invites lately? So much silence :(

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know how many people interview vs. how many get accepted?

Anyone know how many people interview vs. how many get accepted?
According to US News & World Report, Creighton interviewed 512 applicants and offered acceptances to 359 applicants to fill a class of 154 students last cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to US News & World Report, Creighton interviewed 512 applicants and offered acceptances to 359 applicants to fill a class of 154 students last cycle.

At the interview they said they're trying to interview 700 applicants this year

Wow really? The schools I have interviewed at so far have above 50%!
Welp, maybe I'm wrong. Let's hope that interview goes well for both of us and maybe we can study together next year! haha

Reactions: 1 user
Friends! Opinions on late October vs. early December II? I’m OOS so obviously December is ideal in terms of traveling. How much would my chances decrease? I know this really can vary from school to school. Anyone have some helpful input on Creighton? Also, anyone know how many students have already been accepted?

Friends! Opinions on late October vs. early December II? I’m OOS so obviously December is ideal in terms of traveling. How much would my chances decrease? I know this really can vary from school to school. Anyone have some helpful input on Creighton? Also, anyone know how many students have already been accepted?
I always say with rolling admissions, it's best to interview early. However, if you really feel that you can't make it then I would go with the date you are more comfortable with since, people get accepted then too.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview Invite today! So excited since Creighton is at the top of my list!! :) Congrats to everyone accepted and invited for interviews, and hang in there to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Interview Invite today! So excited since Creighton is at the top of my list!! :) Congrats to everyone accepted and invited for interviews, and hang in there to everyone still waiting!

Congratulations! Obligatory complete date sir?

II today! Complete mid-September. I'm glad I took Michael's advice to heart ;) Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take' -Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Reactions: 7 users
II! Completed 9/18 and LizzyM 65. Wasn't expecting this one so quickly, but I can't complain!

Reactions: 3 users
II! I have exams on both days offered. Should be fun figuring this one out.

Reactions: 2 users
^ 7/07 submission :( and thinking same thing.

Do they do pre-II rejections? I dont recall seeing any

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I looked at last years thread (at least a decent amount of it) and I didn't see any. That being said I did see someone post that they submitted early August and got an II in December.

Just wanted to say congrats to all of those who have already received an acceptance! Congrats your gonna be a doctor!!!!!

To shed some light, I believe last year they interviewed somewhere in the 600's with approximately half receiving acceptance offers. We have been told that they're trying to increase the total number of interviews to above 700.

To those of you already on the wait list, its not over, I know many of my classmates were placed on the wait list early and offered acceptance later on. To those of you still waiting on interviews, Keep your heads up. CUSOM will continue to offer interviews for the next few months (At least into January) and Interviews into March (or at least they did last year). Just try to be patient and quell your premed neuroticism.

I looked at last years thread (at least a decent amount of it) and I didn't see any. That being said I did see someone post that they submitted early August and got an II in December.
Yea it's odd how some school review applications. I was complete in September and have an interview for December.

Those who have received acceptances, have you accepted them yet? I still haven't gotten my packet in the mail!

ACCEPTED THIS MORNING !! I'm over the moon omg brb having a panic attack

Reactions: 5 users
Those who have received acceptances, have you accepted them yet? I still haven't gotten my packet in the mail!

From what I remember there's really no urgency in "officially accepting" so I'd just sit back and enjoy the fact that your going to be a doctor! Also Its sad to admit but our acceptance packets are really underwhelming compared to other school or at least it was last year. We got like the same paperwork and info we did at the interview and a print out of an acceptance letter which I think was online?

Congrats everyone accepted! I was just marked completed today. Submitted 2 weeks ago. Wish me luck :)

For those that got interviews on past fridays, what time did the email come in?

Who else needs to take a class before matriculation since it has been >15 months since their last class? I'm trying to look for online classes but my undergrad only offers in class advanced bio classes :/

Who else needs to take a class before matriculation since it has been >15 months since their last class? I'm trying to look for online classes but my undergrad only offers in class advanced bio classes :/
I'm taking a class and found one through the Cali extension programs!
You should check it out, it's a good deal and online!

Are you supposed to take an advanced bio course? or you just need another course and don't want to take a hard science course? It may be beneficial to take an advanced bio course if it has some clinical relevance i.e. if you can take an anatomy course or something.

Regardless I'd encourage you to reach out to the admissions committee. They may (no idea whether or not they do) have certain online class options in mind that you can do if you are stuggling to find a course.

Did they mention that in the conditions of your acceptance???

About the walking... I'm so excited but so nervous because I'm one of those annoyingly slow walkers. My shoes aren't exceedingly comfortable or uncomfortable. Should I be worried? I feel like bring additional shoes is a huge no.

I don't think the tour was too long. The tour occurs after the presentations, interviews, and lunch so everyone was pretty relaxed. I personally just brought flats in my purse in case my heels killed me but I didn't need to change. A current med student leads the tour and you're released right after so I would advise bringing a comfortable pair of shoes to change into - I don't think it was weird at all. But that's just my two cents