2017-2018 Creighton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn I hope I didnt get skipped over

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now. It's my first one. Looking forward to it- but also nervous. Complete early Sept. LM 69.
Don't be nervous. Creighton makes it a point to be non-stressful. Just enjoy the trip and check out our zoo. One of the best in the nation (legit ranked like 1 or 2 every year beats out big city zoos all the time).

I'm going to start teching a pre-med/mcat prep course in January and I really want to send an update that I got this position but I also feel silly because it hasn’t started yet so I don’t have much to say about it besides that I’m really excited to help people. Should I update them or wait until I start actually teaching?

Go for it. add anything you have done since app too. Whether thats volunteer hours or shadowing or anything even if its a continuation.

Members don't see this ad :)
im not sure why, but i had 2 IIs in september and haven't heard anything at all from any schools since. is this happening to other people as well? it makes 0 sense. should i add more schools LOL

Medical admissions make no sense sometimes. Just gotta be patient. We still interview here for a few months to come!

For the II people, when are you scheduled to go?

Don't be nervous. Creighton makes it a point to be non-stressful. Just enjoy the trip and check out our zoo. One of the best in the nation (legit ranked like 1 or 2 every year beats out big city zoos all the time).
Thanks for the advice! The city sounds lovely and I am very much looking forward to my visit.

For those with the II when were you complete?

Interviewing here next week- does anyone have any pointers or insight on what to expect? Closed file/ open file? One-on-one? Thanks in advance!

Interviewing here next week- does anyone have any pointers or insight on what to expect? Closed file/ open file? One-on-one? Thanks in advance!

Chill interviews. They're not supposed to be stressful. Like most interviews, youll be asked simplistic questions that are often asked as secondaries essays (why this school, why medicine, what do you think about x, a time you failed, explain this part on your app). Typically isn't any grilling or ethics, but I'd still be knowledgeable about those topics.

Two interviews about 30 minutes each. 1 faculty 1 student. both are one on one. Open Case file. Questions are at discretion of interviewer but as a general advice I found during my interview cycle that professors like to focus on what meaningful to them. I.e. primary care docs like to ask about primary care /volunteering, hard core researchers like research, etc.

I've heard of people interviewing here talking about nothing but strict application (explain your research, your service, your grades) others spend an extensive amount of time talking about their extracurricular passions i.e. their passion for underwater basket weaving and how they came 2nd in the national tournament for it. It'll vary from experience to experience, but overall most people report that interviews here are non-stressful and we typically have nice hot catered food for lunch afterwards!

Hope this helps!

Withdrawing II here as I have an acceptance at another school much closer to home and cheaper. Hope one of y'all get my spot!

Reactions: 6 users
Chill interviews. They're not supposed to be stressful. Like most interviews, youll be asked simplistic questions that are often asked as secondaries essays (why this school, why medicine, what do you think about x, a time you failed, explain this part on your app). Typically isn't any grilling or ethics, but I'd still be knowledgeable about those topics.

Two interviews about 30 minutes each. 1 faculty 1 student. both are one on one. Open Case file. Questions are at discretion of interviewer but as a general advice I found during my interview cycle that professors like to focus on what meaningful to them. I.e. primary care docs like to ask about primary care /volunteering, hard core researchers like research, etc.

I've heard of people interviewing here talking about nothing but strict application (explain your research, your service, your grades) others spend an extensive amount of time talking about their extracurricular passions i.e. their passion for underwater basket weaving and how they came 2nd in the national tournament for it. It'll vary from experience to experience, but overall most people report that interviews here are non-stressful and we typically have nice hot catered food for lunch afterwards!

Hope this helps!
Thank you! That's incredibly helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my II as well. Got a scholarship at one of my top schools so I can’t see myself taking anything over that. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Did anyone apply for the diversity scholarship? How many of these are available??

II, complete late September.

Reactions: 8 users
Hey all!

Does anyone know if Creighton does silent rejections? I've been complete since mid-July and I haven't heard anything. Also, would they be receptive to pre-II updates?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all!

Does anyone know if Creighton does silent rejections? I've been complete since mid-July and I haven't heard anything. Also, would they be receptive to pre-II updates?

No idea about silent rejections. But they loooove updates. Send them one!

No idea about silent rejections. But they loooove updates. Send them one!
Thanks so much for the quick response. Would you say it's worth it to update them on "constant happenings"(?) as in, my primary and secondary point out a new research job, would it be appropriate to mention that research is still going well? Even if there is no significant update with like a paper, presentation, conference?

Or could this update touch on something, and then border a bit on a Letter of Interest, kind of thing where I talk about aspects of the school.

Thanks so much for the quick response. Would you say it's worth it to update them on "constant happenings"(?) as in, my primary and secondary point out a new research job, would it be appropriate to mention that research is still going well? Even if there is no significant update with like a paper, presentation, conference?

Or could this update touch on something, and then border a bit on a Letter of Interest, kind of thing where I talk about aspects of the school.

They're most interested in service oriented updates. Share new volunteering or community updates, with hours and how it influenced you.

I am planning to attend the M0 dinner the evening of the interview. Does anyone have details on whether there is a dress policy so i may pack accordingly.

I am planning to attend the M0 dinner the evening of the interview. Does anyone have details on whether there is a dress policy so i may pack accordingly.
From what I remember it was pretty informal so just dress to the weather which is going to be cold! lol

Just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum that helped me prep for my interview! It was this past Friday and I think it went quite well. I appreciate the help!!

For those of you still interviewing, if you have any questions just let me know. I compiled a document with all the different tips people gave me and I’d be more than happy to spread the wealth. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrawing my II. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum that helped me prep for my interview! It was this past Friday and I think it went quite well. I appreciate the help!!

For those of you still interviewing, if you have any questions just let me know. I compiled a document with all the different tips people gave me and I’d be more than happy to spread the wealth. Good luck everyone!!
+1

Casual, dinner's are commonly at local bars/eateries so casual. Half the time I stumble in in sweats and a hoodie. It's just a chance for you to meet other students/M0's and learn about the school or whatever else interests you.

Any idea where they are in terms of IIs? Any hope that they still have quite a bit to send out?

Any idea where they are in terms of IIs? Any hope that they still have quite a bit to send out?
I believe Creighton sends out interviews all throughout March/April. Anecdotally, a fair amount of students still get in when interviewing during those times, so it doesn't seem like you're interviewing for a waitlist seat!

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!! I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor :biglove: Interviewed 12/1

Reactions: 8 users
ACCEPTED!! I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor :biglove: Interviewed 12/1

Congrats!! Sorry for being annoying but I have a question: did you hear back around the day they said you would? 3 week turnover is awesome. I interviewed 12/15 and they said id hear back 1/22 i think

Congrats!! Sorry for being annoying but I have a question: did you hear back around the day they said you would? 3 week turnover is awesome. I interviewed 12/15 and they said id hear back 1/22 i think

Not OP but they definitely kept to their estimated timeframe! They told us that the adcom would meet on 12/19 and give decisions out 12/22/17 or 1/2/18.

Best of luck!

Thank you! And what he said above is correct; they told us that we would either hear back on the 22nd of December or on the 2nd of January. Best of luck to you!

To update via the portal, do I need to create separate documents for each of the categories I want to update the school on? Originally, I just wrote one concise letter but it seems like we need to provide individual documents for each category.

I separated everything

Reactions: 1 users
Not OP but they definitely kept to their estimated timeframe! They told us that the adcom would meet on 12/19 and give decisions out 12/22/17 or 1/2/18.

Best of luck!

Thank you! And what he said above is correct; they told us that we would either hear back on the 22nd of December or on the 2nd of January. Best of luck to you!

Thank you!!

To update via the portal, do I need to create separate documents for each of the categories I want to update the school on? Originally, I just wrote one concise letter but it seems like we need to provide individual documents for each category.
Lol did the same thing and then opened the portal . . . Whelp

Reactions: 1 users
Really want to write a letter of intent with an extracurricular/service update- just put the whole thing in one of those slots, or send LOI to Dean? Confusing :smack:

Does anyone know when they start the review the waitlisted candidates?