2018-2019 Creighton University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never heard back from this school about an interview... is it safe to assume that its a rejection? Confused by their process if so, especially because it makes me feel like they didn't really even review my app if the last interview date has passed and I haven't received any communication.

Reactions: 1 user
I never heard back from this school about an interview... is it safe to assume that its a rejection? Confused by their process if so, especially because it makes me feel like they didn't really even review my app if the last interview date has passed and I haven't received any communication.

Trust me they reviewed your application. Our process is an extremely rigorous one. Most schools including Creighton tend to send out their last batch of rejections a little bit after the last interview date. I am sorry that things did not work out for you this year, but know that Creighton did not simply ignore you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Trust me they reviewed your application. Our process is an extremely rigorous one. Most schools including Creighton tend to send out their last batch of rejections a little bit after the last interview date. I am sorry that things did not work out for you this year, but know that Creighton did not simply ignore you.
Thank you for this info :) do you think they would be receptive to communication from me regarding my app? It would really be helpful to know what impacted their decision for the future but I am not sure if that's something that's okay to ask!

Thank you for this info :) do you think they would be receptive to communication from me regarding my app? It would really be helpful to know what impacted their decision for the future but I am not sure if that's something that's okay to ask!

On my interview day, the Dean of Admissions told us that they offer application feedback after we receive a post-interview decision. Not sure if the rules still apply if you don't receive an interview, but maybe call them after they make an official decision on your application? I've called the Admissions office several times with questions, and they're always really nice!

On my interview day, the Dean of Admissions told us that they offer application feedback after we receive a post-interview decision. Not sure if the rules still apply if you don't receive an interview, but maybe call them after they make an official decision on your application? I've called the Admissions office several times with questions, and they're always really nice!
Okay nice thank you! If you don't mind, what were your stats? I had a pretty good feeling that I would have at least received an interview here with my stats and my other activities (and because of my connections to Jesuit schools) and am kind of disappointed still by this one.

Okay nice thank you! If you don't mind, what were your stats? I had a pretty good feeling that I would have at least received an interview here with my stats and my other activities (and because of my connections to Jesuit schools) and am kind of disappointed still by this one.

LM 69-70. ORM, OOS. Not particularly stellar stats by any means, but both my interviewers did mention that my EC's really fit Creighton's mission, which I believe is an important factor for the Jesuit medical schools.

LM 69-70. ORM, OOS. Not particularly stellar stats by any means, but both my interviewers did mention that my EC's really fit Creighton's mission, which I believe is an important factor for the Jesuit medical schools.
Mine is very similar. Sad I didn't get a chance here :( I am sure you will do so well at this school especially with your EC's and experience.

Mine is very similar. Sad I didn't get a chance here :( I am sure you will do so well at this school especially with your EC's and experience.

You are unfortunately one of a few thousand applicants that did not get an interview. The honest truth is that there is a lot of luck that goes into this process. The other reality is that for whatever reason is that the school probably thought there were better fits out there other than yourself. I know that may suck to hear, but unfortunately this process is full of rejection. The great thing is that someone will be able to give you honest feedback from the Admissions Office. Do not look at this as a reflection of being “unqualified” but remember that is is an offshoot game at the end of day.

Best of luck in your pursuit of medicine!

Have you checked NEST? I found my fin aid there
Thank you it was there. Sorry for all the questions but do you know anything about the commit to enroll deadline? I've searched everywhere but can't really find anything.

Just got the R pre-II. Expected as they finished interviewing already

Members don't see this ad :)
any one else watch match day at creighton?? Match day always make me so emotional!! Already looking forward to the day!!

Did anyone find the wording in that R email to hurt a little? Like I've gotten R emails before, but this one really cut deep!
I honestly was just thinking that! Like normally schools are like "we apologize but we are unable to offer you admission. There were many qualified applicants and we were only able to accept so many. We wish you the best in your future endeavors". But Creighton was like "we found it necessary to decline your application. Because of others' (more impressive) achievements, this action was necessary. We hope you successfully realize your professional school goals". Just a very different tone than any of the others I have received before.

To be honest the Armissions office hear has some of the kindest people you will ever find so if the rejection email stung a little, that is most likely due to the fact that there message is a bit outdated. As someone who is on the admissions team we appreciate your feedback.

Accepted this morning!! I interviewed on 3/1/19.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten a hand on Creighton's 2019 match list?

Got the alternative email this morning.

While I can’t post the exact Match List I can tell you that we matched everywhere from here at Creighton to Harvard to UCSF to Baylor to UNC to UPenn to Boston Children’s etc. Creighton has a great match rate and like at any med school it will depend upon what you do in terms of Step Scores, publications, LORs and overall connections.

Just got on the alternates list after interviewing early March. Can anyone shed light on what the alternates list means? What are the odds of getting accepted off of the alternates list?

Also, should I send a letter of interest/intention if Creighton is my #1 choice?

Just got on the alternates list after interviewing early March. Can anyone shed light on what the alternates list means? What are the odds of getting accepted off of the alternates list?

Also, should I send a letter of interest/intention if Creighton is my #1 choice?

Your chances of getting off the alternate list depend on many things so it is hard to truly say. There are probably somewhere between 400-500 people on it with about 20-30 spots being filled from the list between May and the beginning of class in August. Therefore about 1 of 25 students will most likely get off the wait list.

Also, if Creighton is your first choice then by all means send a letter of intent and continue sending updates since Creighton is one of the only schools who does NOT have a limit on updates.

Best of luck!

Your chances of getting off the alternate list depend on many things so it is hard to truly say. There are probably somewhere between 400-500 people on it with about 20-30 spots being filled from the list between May and the beginning of class in August. Therefore about 1 of 25 students will most likely get off the wait list.

Also, if Creighton is your first choice then by all means send a letter of intent and continue sending updates since Creighton is one of the only schools who does NOT have a limit on updates.

Best of luck!

I was under the impression that Creighton accepts a lot from waitlist. 20-30 seems kinda low to me

I was under the impression that Creighton accepts a lot from waitlist. 20-30 seems kinda low to me

It depends on the year. I have heard it can go as high as 60 and there have been years where 0 people have gotten off the waitlist. Split the difference and that is the most accurate you will get. Sorry if to take the wind out of your sails but I wanted to give you M0s a realistic view.

Should a letter of intent be sent via email to admissions or in one of the update slots?

Does anyone has any info on where current med students live? Can someone provide names of few apartment complexes which are popular with current med students and close to campus?

Does anyone has any info on where current med students live? Can someone provide names of few apartment complexes which are popular with current med students and close to campus?
There is a long list of buildings on the admitted students facebook page, but I talked to a lot of students at second look who said they live in the Atlas, Bank, Highline, Wire, etc.

There is a long list of buildings on the admitted students facebook page, but I talked to a lot of students at second look who said they live in the Atlas, Bank, Highline, Wire, etc.
Thanks a lot. How was the second look day? I was not able to come.

I just received information on a scholarship offer from Creighton (probably self-evident) for those of you keeping track of such things

I got an email about instructions for the waitlist but the class is full right now... so we can probably expect there won't be a lot of waitlist movement this year, right?

I would say it's too soon to really tell. I received that email last week and since it was before the AMCAS commit to enroll deadline I figured it didn't mean much.

I would say it's too soon to really tell. I received that email last week and since it was before the AMCAS commit to enroll deadline I figured it didn't mean much.

That's very true!

Does Creighton have a "commit to enroll" deadline? I believe they said they did not require it at interview day, but I want to double check.

Does Creighton have a "commit to enroll" deadline? I believe they said they did not require it at interview day, but I want to double check.

I called the admissions office, and was told that you are not committed until you pay tuition. Tuition is due prior to the first day of class. Seems kinda weird in the case that someone backs out last minute

They start reviewing waitlisted students today but they probably won’t send out any decisions until after traffic day as their class is full right now

They start reviewing waitlisted students today but they probably won’t send out any decisions until after traffic day as their class is full right now
I thought traffic day was April 30th?

I thought traffic day was April 30th?

Sorry I’m exhausted from finals haha. May 15th is the day people have to narrow down their acceptance to one school so they’re probably waiting for that would be my guess

Sorry I’m exhausted from finals haha. May 15th is the day people have to narrow down their acceptance to one school so they’re probably waiting for that would be my guess
No problem. Thank you for the insight!

Congratulations! Would you mind giving your stats?
Hi, So I had a 67 Lizzie M. I had a 3.60 undergrad (University of Cincinnati) and a Master's also at UC (3.63 Graduate GPA, let's not talk about it. Mistakes were made.) 513 MCAT. I had a lot of shadowing. Like, >100 hours with about 8 different doctors. (They requested more Primary care shadowing which I did and sent them an update.) I also had a fair amount of volunteering. 200 hours or so. (I volunteer at a soup kitchen every Monday, Cincinnati Children's hospital every Friday, and work with homeless people's feet about twice a month.) I think the volunteering was probably what got me in, but who knows.

Last edited:
Just withdrew my acceptance- hope it helps one of you! Good luck